1950 Panther Project

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Ive had the last 4 days off Got My moped sticker, and Ive been cruising about town. Im very happy with this bike. The EZ was making some strange noises but I think everything was just settling in. They dissapeared after about 10 mins. This thing is Way too much FUN !!!!! Got alot of thumbs up, and alot of questions about it. Need to tweak my belt tensioner a bit as Im having a bit of rubbing on the Quicks. The old lady took it for a spin and fell in love with it. She doesnt want the Spitfire anymore. I told her She can have this one next year if she tolerates the next bike Im doing.
Still on the table for this bike:

Custom header
figure out a lighting system

Cheers

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
A fantastic ride chain :) more beautiful than I could have imagined. The decals were the right choice too. Just one more question, did ya name her yet? :)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I took the bike over to Marthas Vineyard last week for a camping trip...lots of looks and questions. Pulled a trailer with about 75 lbs with no real issues. Snapped a throttle cable so I went to a bike shop the first shop owner wouldnt even acnowledge Me..the guy across the street hooked Me up with a new cable for a couple bucks. Had to switch My throttle (tried everything to get it to stay in place.. kept slipping around. I installed the SBP throttle. I need to replace a pulley in the gearbox it disenegrated on Me yesterday. Here is a pic of the bike with trailer and a pic for SB of the sheave mount.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Way to go, chain. Very nice bike. Total vintage look. Another way to attach the rear pulley is by using control cable clamps found on most small engines. I collected used ones and purchased the rest from the local lawnmower repair shop. A little trimming on the two legs of the clamp and it fits nicely. On the original Whizzer pulleys, they all face the same direction, but on the late Whizzer pulleys they fit in opposing directions unless you have a large flange as on a drum brake like mine in which case I used a late pulley and they all face the same way. Hope this helps because I searched for years trying to find a suitable clip and ended up with this method as being the most solid.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
chain, oh gosh, how do I put this delicately....Your bike is still INCREDIBLY beautiful :) Hope I can see it! Peace
-LS

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for the close up of the sheave and also thanks to msrfan for the alternative clamps. So many choices!
Your bike looks great and the tank looks good that way, I think, with it bare of paint and with just the decal. Do you have a link for where the decals can be found. Mine are badly damaged and I'm thinking about stripping it down and starting over.
SB

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
That is a very nice looking bicycle Chainmaker!
May I inject my two cents?

Perhaps you could consider a small canoe, or kayak for a trailer???
Very liteweight, sound structure, and only a small addition to strap on an axle and tongue.

PLUS, you could use it!

Best
rc