1950 Panther Project

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
A little update. The weather for the past 3 weeks has not cooperated on My days off for painting..got a good day and My air-brush compressor died. Plan B... Dupli Color Auto Engine Enamel..same colors. Im pretty busy at work and I have to have these bikes done for the Misses Birthday camping trip first weekend of June so I painted last night at 11 when I got home and got up at 4 to paint for a bit before work will do the same tonite and tommorrow..weather forcast after saturday... 6 days of rain :( ( I didnt think I lived in the pacific Northwest)!! Waiting for wide cranks , drive belts, and a few bits and pieces to come. Just want to finish these bikes up and do some riding, and start another !!

Cheers

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Very cool looking ride.
Spray light thin coats or it might not be dry till June in this weather.
Good job man. At this point you should see light at the end of the tunnel.
TiM

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
So here She is all Painted and curing. Just waiting for the drive belts, wide cranks and a couple other doo dads to come.

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Wow, that does look good. Looks like a lot of engine. If you flip your seat guts over it will drop the seat and hide the clamp better.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
A+ job on that one Chain! I can't believe how nice it looks, not that I expected to look bad :p Hope I can see that in person! :D

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks for the cool comments guys, got alot of inspiration and advice from other bikes and builders here on the forum. And thanks for the seat reminder... going to take care of that when I get home.

Cheers

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Finally got the correct drive belt and installed it last night. Im a little disapointed that I will have to totally remove the motor and partially disassemble the EZ unit when I re-place the belt. I routed my cables and tidied them up but havent attatched them to throttle, choke yet. I was looking a the motorbike decals I got for the tank last night and I am up in the air about installing them...what do you think??

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Finally got the correct drive belt and installed it last night. Im a little disapointed that I will have to totally remove the motor and partially disassemble the EZ unit when I re-place the belt.
The belt should last a long time. Link belts work & you wouldn't have to take anything apart. I know guys run them on their bikes. I think this is what they ran years ago on the old Whizzers.

High Performance Composite Belting - PowerTwist Plus, NuTLink and SuperTLink - Fenner Drives

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=link+v+belt&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Silverbear, Funny thing when I sourced those out a couple months ago all I could find was water transfer , I wanted sticker and I had a heck of a time finding them. Now it seems that the water transfer ones are difficult to find.

Thanks Jay, I got two of the correct size belts but I may buy a 3rd like the one you listed for on the road.

Oh yeah I also put in the wide cranks (not wide enough) so Im going to keep as is until after My little trip, and heat em in a vise and bend them. Just a boat load of little things to do on both bikes.