100:1 Mix

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Retmachinist, Jul 24, 2009.

1. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

Thats what I run my diesel china girls on Tom..... wow and I thought I was the only one, the gas mileage is incredible but the oil mileage sucks....lol!

I know I know.... just having a little fun too....!

Map
    .wee.

2. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

Does it smoke?laff

3. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Only after a hard ride.

4. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

Lol.....!

Oh my......!

5. slayer60973

slayer60973 New Member

That's something I can agree with, if I was too use opti again I'd probably run it at 65-70:1 it is pretty expensive, the rebranded 1 gallon packets of us2 are 2$ a piece at my local Meijer. In the lawn and garden section incase anyone is looking for it but can't find it. Though I can't guarantee it will be at your Meijer. 2 bucks for 1.8 oz, I usually get a quart of my oil at 16$
    You'd have to get 18 of the packets to equal a quart, that's about 36$ a quart. Though I'm sure it's allot cheaper in bulk. $$$$

6. topgun

topgun New Member

Going to try this stuff at 32:1 because I purchased20 dollars of it. . I'll let everyone know how it works. I've read this thread till I'm blue in the face, lol! Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead. Talk to me. No bull here I'll let everyone know how it works for me.

#1086 topgun, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. topgun

topgun New Member

I believe in feeding all my 2strokes oil, the more the better. More smoke more oil dripping from the pipes has been working just fine for me for over 30 year's.

#1087 topgun, Oct 1, 2014
  8. rustycase

rustycase Gutter Rider

TG,

From what I understand about mix oil, too much will cause the burn to be lean.
    Which means you could burn a piston in spite of clouds of smoke and oil dripping out the pipe.

Yes, I understand.
    That is old school thought.

Two cycle mix oil was never better than the products they make today.

Time to step into the brave new world! lol

Stihl, Yamalube, Motul... I believe they are all running at 50.

I'll look forward to your report while running at 32.
    :)
    rc
    :-||

9. ckangaroo70

ckangaroo70 Active Member

Well..like they say "Can't teach an old dog new tricks." If that's what works for you then keep on doin what your doin I say. Me however am going to enjoy my happy non smoking engine running Opti-2 100:1 mix.

10. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Just remember: it was made to run at 100:1. If you use it at a different ratio and you get damage, can you really blame the oil? Can you really blame a product after not following the design specifications?

11. Mike B

Mike B New Member

I've been using Opti 2 for years now with good effect. I bought a big box of those little packets and although they are more expensive than bulk, they are worth it to me.

Just nip off a corner and squeeze. No more cleaning the dead flies and the dust out of the measuring cup. Did I get it all? No more waiting for the stuff to all flow out of the cup either.

It's pretty cool. You always have to pay more for easy - :)

12. topgun

topgun New Member

I'll start out at 50:1 and go from there. That should work just fine. These little engine's are very cheap anyway, but I don't want to hurt it. Talked to a friend that has over 100 guys cutting huge government contract and he told me he used it for awhile at 50:1 no problems. But switched back to cheap oil mix.

13. topgun

topgun New Member

This oil can be used at any manufacturer recommended mix ratio. I just talked to opti oil rep on the phone. so I'll run this 32:1 and it'll be perfect he said.

#1093 topgun, Oct 1, 2014
  14. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

I think you'd better read the lable again, sir. And please don't tell those of us who have run Opti-2 @ the recommended ratio that it is "BS". You can have your own opinions but don't denigrate those who differ with you.

Tom

15. truckd

truckd Active Member

Well said 2 door I took yer advice at 100:1 on a brand new engine never ran before and it is still doing Great a year later.

16. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

I'm running at 71/1 with no problems, for each his own. The instructions say mix one 1.8 oz pack with one gal. Gas.

17. Davezilla

Davezilla New Member

Never had a problem with 100:1 here either, even after doing a teardown inspection after several hours of runtime everything looked as new inside, no wear at all.

18. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

It may just be me, but a 'rep' that says it's OK to run twice as much oil has just doubled his sales..........

I'd probably run Opti 2 also, but it's just so easy to get what I use at my place of business.

19. Davezilla

Davezilla New Member

Yup... If I was a sales rep I'd be saying to mix it at 20:1 or whatever they wanted to hear to increase my sales too... remember what PT Barnum said?
    The only thing mixing Opti2 other than 100:1 does really is increase the cost of your fuel mix. Yes, it'll run at any ratio, but why waste it?

20. SpecializedMountainMoto

I'm about to break in a new top end for my 48cc china girl and got a couple 1.8 oz packs of opti. What would u guys consider the break in process with this stuff? How long should it take and any special recommendations on driving while break in (take it easy or ride like ****). I'm planning on just using the recommended mix at 100-1.
    Thanks,
    Paul