100:1 Mix

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Retmachinist, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

Flyman I'm not doubting what you say happened to your cart engines, but one thing I do know is that several of the guys here that run opti-2 have been doing so since I joined this forum in May 2011. It may be their skill and knowledge of what it takes to tune one of these engine correctly to run on the 100/1 mix ratio, and the fact that most people don't turn 10k rpms with one of these engines either.

2. woogie_man

woogie_man New Member

Fly are you not doing what you are whining that others are doing? You keep saying that people come on here and try to shove this and that into peoples minds wanting them to go one way or another..... and yet you are here shouting the other way. Isn't that kind of like calling the kettle black?

Run what you run, and enjoy your motors. I am one of the opti2 guys, and I love it. Haven't had an issue with my motor all summer, riding 35 miles a day every day to and from work. I have my engine apart now working on doing some tuning here in the winter months. And to be honest nothing looks bad with the motor. I did break her down when I first got her and cleaned the crap out of the crank case and re oiled everything. She is still running like a top.

I have a buddy much like you that was warning me and saying it was crap and everything under the sun. But after riding my bike and seeing that my bike is still kicking and going strong his view has changed. It works for my bike and I will continue to use it.

Give it a shot or just let it go.... never understood coming on the internet and complaining about something, especially just to start a fight or what not.

3. Flyman

Flyman New Member

Bud READ, READ, my past post before you jump me.I never said you can't I never said you should not.
    I simply ask a question as to why would you want to use less lubrication
    in your engine?SHOW me where your quote (You keep saying that people come on here and try to shove stuff on us)
    Get your facts right & post a quote to where I said any of that)

Is it because you want a cleaner engine?You are not going to get any more
    performance. I also went on to say these synthetic oils to day burn very clean
    mix 25-1 30-1 as is.The funny thing is when I was in the racing kart business
    I was a Amzoil dealer.I also sold Klotz & a number of racing oils.

When Amzoil came out with there 100 to 1 back then & just wanted to see if
    it would indeed work.But as I have said also in the post above Kart engine run
    on 20-1.So I mixed the 100-1 Amzoil 50-1 & planed on working up from there.

But even mixed at 50-1 the motor stuck.I had run that engine before & there was
    noting wrong with it.One of the post above hit the nail on the head in saying different
    engines require different ratios.Why do you think Amzoil makes so many different oils.

I just reported my testing with it.If it works for you great.But for me I want the exstra
    lubricationI like Bel-Ray also & they have a 100-1 oil.But I,m using there H1-R racing oil.

You guys run what you like, to each his own.
    Fly my last reply on this tread

#1143 Flyman, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. apex

apex Member

So you doubled the oil content for a fuel mix?

Anybody that knows two strokes knows that by doing so, you altered the AFR ratio, and thus altered it to the lean side, which is bad.

II'm sure your going to tell us that you accounted for that with hours of plug-chops and adjustments, but your statement about "2 laps" tells us that's not the case.

FYI, I put approximately 1,200 (70% of commute @ wot) on my first China girl this year. Broke in with opti2, and has never seen anything but recommended oil ratios

#1144 apex, Dec 11, 2014
  5. apex

apex Member

So, did you, or did you not re-jet carb?

#1145 apex, Dec 11, 2014
  6. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

I don't really care what ratio anyone runs in their china girls............I'm happy with what I do!

Don't rain on my parade.........my umbrella leaks.

7. apex

apex Member

So what oil ratio was the carb jetted for? A 20:1 mix? Or a 100:1 mix?

Did you do any plug-chops/rejetting before you put it on the track?

Changing the oil mix alters the fuel ratio. You can't just decide at to change oil ratio without adjusting for fuel ratio changes.

Since you race, you know this, of course.

8. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Gosh ever time I change the oil on one of my cars I think wow 3000 miles already. Here is the funny one the average China 2smoke seams last just about that long.lafflaff

9. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

This thread has been going for a long time. There will always be disagreements but if you can't keep it civil, ignore the thread and move along. Disrespectful comments to others will not be tolerated.

If you don't want to use the product in question, that's fine. That's your decision but don't berate others for theirs.

Tom

10. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

Good idea Tom!

11. ckangaroo70

ckangaroo70 Active Member

This is not a "Ray's everything you ever needed to know about oil thread" Just trying to make some friendly conversation on the subject and stating my own personal results with the topic at hand. Nothing to get excited about. My neighbor says I drink skunk beer (Bud Light) and I say the same about his off the wall imports. Just a couple friendly neighbors with a difference of opinion. I can talk till I am blue in the face about why I think Bud Light is the best, but you are more then welcome to take that opinion and laugh at it till you are blue in the face. No harm done...just friendly banter on a subject with very many varying opinions.

Same goes for this thread. Everyone has an experience to report and an opinion. Nice thing is that you didn't have to pay a dime for the story or opinion.

Ray

12. woogie_man

woogie_man New Member

Well said Ray.

And I want jumping on you fly....Just going over what was already done.

If it works for you, then don't screw with it.....but don't get upset when people have a different opinion or want to try something you wouldn't. It isn't anyone's time, money, or effort....other than the one doing it. So no need to get upset or anything

13. Davezilla

Davezilla New Member

Fully Agreed...

14. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

It is funny how some get so bent out of shape over this topic....LOL

My bikes, all my chainsaws, and a small 2 smoker garden tiller run great on Opti2 mixed at 100:1.

Do I think its the very best oil and the one everyone should use for every application..? NO....!

All I know is that so far it has given me good service with my engines and so I continue to use it and like the way it works in my engines.

If I were running very high performance very high revving 2 smokers I wouldnt be using Opti2 @ 100:1 most likely, I'd be using I very high grade oil at the manufacturers recommended mix ratio.

None of my comments about Opti2 are meant to say that its the way to go for everyone or everything, I just speak of my personal experiences and tell my story and results, take it or leave it ... Shrug

Peace, Map

dnut

#1154 mapbike, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  15. Barnfresh

Barnfresh Member

Actually it's just the opposite. If you switch from 20:1 to 50:1 without rejecting the engine would run richer.

16. apex

apex Member

Correct.
    But Fly didn't say what tthe carb was set for before he decided to change his mind and run a 50:1.

As I first read it, I thought it was setup for a 100:1 mix but he went 50:1
    But he said it was setup for a 20:1 oil mix but he went with a 50:1 mix

Dispite the fact that he got all salty about anybody questioning his opinion, it really is too bad he lost a quality engine.

The simple fact is that opti2 oil works at these ratios that use to be considered crazy. That has been established time & time again.

17. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

Sorry fellas I was tired and had a brain fart I guess..... dont know what I was thinking... these things happen when you're opporating on 30+ hours of working and being up without any sleep...LOL..!

I removed the incorrect part of that post.

Map

.duh.

18. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

I agree, I dont understand why some wish to argue points that have been proven to be legit by many people over a good long period of time.

I remember reading that some rental businesses have been running Opti2 atr the 100:1 mix in all their 2 smoker machine for as much as 10 years without a single oil related failure.

How can one argue with those facts and say its a bad idea and doesn't work...?

Beats the heck outta me, hey.. we can believe what we want and run what we want and let the chips fall as they may, truly there is no harm and no foul in any of this as far as I'm concerned and its for sure nothing worth getting stroked out about.

If it works do it, if you trust it use it, if you dont then by all means DONT... its really that simple I think.

Peace, Map

.wee.