what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Skarrd, Oct 25, 2010.

1. racie35

racie35 Active Member

Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

tested the turn signals I bought for it and installed the flasher....little buggers works great and are bright...I'll put them on perm later.

2. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

Rode my well running motorbike.... Lol

Attached Files:

3. Wickedest1

Wickedest1 Member

Tightened my loose rear brake mechanism and re-installed my rear fender with the stock mounting brackets. Installed new brake pads in the rear, and cruised for about 45 very cold minutes then wiped the road grime and salt off of her and begrudgingly locked her up for the night...hope to get more gas tomorrow....and more miles on my tires

4. jimmymc2286

jimmymc2286 New Member

I made the exhaust and the intake for my vintage build today. I only need to finish the tank and get my rear sprocket then test ride.

Woo hoo.

5. andrewflores17

andrewflores17 New Member

finaly fixed my leaky exhaust on my predator and got a drill set to fix my bike rack

6. Wickedest1

Wickedest1 Member

I took a fall today in the snow...broke my left pedal, loosened my tension wheel, ripped my seat and landed in the only puddle on the street...and I laughed the whole time....duh.

7. SavageBlunts904

SavageBlunts904 New Member

I heated up the bend in my crank and bent it out a little to allow clearance very easily. Get it red hot in the bend and put a big wrench around it or big vice grips on it and bend it slowly
    Bam let it sit and cool down and ur set. maybe throw some rust paint on the burnt spot after u clean it up a little bit if its black
    Chrome just polish up

8. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

"and I laughed the whole time"
    You must have a very cheery disposition on life to be doing that while crashing!
    I am sorry to hear that you went down, but I am glad that nothing broke, got loosened or ripped on you personally.

Good luck with the repairs, and ride safe!

9. Wickedest1

Wickedest1 Member

Thanks gear...think its time to put the new mountain terrain tires on...and lock tite...as for a cheery disposition id say it was a moment of joy riding in fresh powder in sunny weather that had me laughing...

#4829 Wickedest1, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  10. Blakenstein

Blakenstein New Member

Woh !! nothing from this forum in E-mail for a long time and tonight I just got back from store with my MB and this came up !!! wow !! anyway ya I wiped twice this winter untill i threw on my NOKIAs studded tires . Tonight was a beautifull ride !!! only -2 Celsius 28 below Farhenheit. Glad to hear that you are OK !!!

11. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

-28F !?!?
    I would be loosing my mind in that cold!
    And you ride in it.. dayum!

12. racie35

racie35 Active Member

I always wondered how a small set of ski's put on about like training wheels are would work on a bike in the snow...just to grab youu when leaning like they like to in snow

13. mmmmudd

mmmmudd New Member

great times! Snow is just better when ya throw in some carnage!

14. MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE Well-Known Member

I suspect the minus was for the -2 Celsius value only. -2 Celsius = +28.4 Fahrenheit and that is still cold.

In China I hear lately it’s been like -40 Celsius which equates to strangely also -40 Fahrenheit. It seems that mathematically it is a cross over point, so it does not happen but I think just at that one temperature.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...and-heavy-snow-recorded-in-china-s-north.html

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.htm

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/fahrenheit-to-celsius.htm

I worked on redoing a rear pulley for my belt drive. This next time since I'm using a regular vee-belt that has next to no stretch I will only pop the belt on the pulley when very loose. I am devising a way to use the drop outs to have it loose and then snug all the way back in the drop outs using turn buckles. Then I tighten the nuts. No more cracking the edge of the pulley. I had an extra washing machine pulley from the trash so it is just labor and time.

MT

#4834 MEASURE TWICE, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  15. Blakenstein

Blakenstein New Member

OOPS SORRY, ...I meant 28 above .. Though last week, I went for a five mile ride in a 22 below fahrenheit wind chill, and that is why I was jumping around and acting like a nutcase...I was just so happy to make it back without freezing up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVimY8bOVj4

16. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Rode er' hard and put er' away wet....................................it rained today!

Rode the beastly 212cc today with a bit of a sticky throttle......too much fun!

.wee.

17. moonerdizzle

moonerdizzle New Member

ive ridden threw subzero weather, these lil motors can be a handful to start when the temps drop to -10 or lower, but once they get running, they run like a top. when the temps drop real low tho, carb icing becomes a problem.

18. moonerdizzle

moonerdizzle New Member

what i did to my bike, well, yesterday, was start plotting out my expansion chamber. going to try to make one out of aluminum sheet from at work. going to have it sleeve onto a steel header and probably seal it with a short chunk of silicone hose and some hose clamps.

19. Powertool

Powertool Member

I installed some monark forks, and two 26x2.2 tires on my bike today. will post pictures at a later date, the forks are worth every penny . very smooth ride

20. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

Got a couple things done despite the warm 15F weather. Found an awesome budget frame that is badass(review of frame) that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

So had to get a couple more in the balmy 15F weather:

[​IMG]

Have a review on that frame, it was build for motorizing, only $160. Check it out over here.

This has got to be my favorite feature on that bike, left side dropout support, on a stock bike, they're listening... :)
    [​IMG]

#4840 killercanuck, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013