Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Hi Zoran, there is no suspension on a Mochet Velocar which I think was never a problem at the speeds they normally traveled at. I think velocars were mostly used on paved surfaces too which would lessen the need for any suspension.

PTITAUTO MOCHET VELOCAR

These seemed to have a simple quarter elliptic front suspension.

http://microcar.e-monsite.com/blog/do/tag/ptitauto-mochet-velocar-georges-charles-microcar-ancien/
=============================
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anne,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For my desired speeds of 15-20 MPH (if I could add some motor on it, otherwise 10-15 MPH), my quadricycle in present condition or later transformed to velocar - should be quite good with simple MTB front suspension-forks at front and thick foam on seats for rear! Of course, only used on asphalt - difficult to find any macadam road here and for off-road it wouldn't be used.
--- ---
That Ptitauto (small auto?) is quite auto for Mochet velocars and it is very cute coupé. Nice and useful photo-strip about building wooden body!
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran[/FONT]

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
P.S.: Even in my childhood and early youth, many streets in Belgrade's centre was paved by small square granit bricks - quite a lot of vibration even in good condition! At periphery of city, streets were covered by bigger stone bricks (so-called Roman caldrma), or mostly by iregulrar big stones (so-called Turkish kaldrma) - or: nothing at all!
Quite unfomfortable for any vehilce and terrible for suspension-less velocars!
But, everything change now, even there. Here - no problems!
Z.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That is a interesting place. Could be a hoot for the passenger or a good scare/thrill so to speak. lol Now we have a true back seat driver! Don't know where I am going there is a joke in this somewhere? Ha ha

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Many 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers from the end of the XIX and beginning of the XX century - had similar layout! No hard braking and cornering with passenger at front, especially with open "cockpit"! As my present quadricycle has similar layout - we think about reconstructing it to some more "sociable” configuration of velocar with side-by-side seating. Just to spend some time on it as it is: this Summer and Autumn - for pure joy of testing my first movable creation![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran [/FONT]

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Cricket is KOOL, how about a Vanguard twin some old T or A sheet metal for the tub. Wouldn't take much to get one going..............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes that's true,just use what you have around or can scrounge. Wouldn't have to be a twin eather,just a fun buggy......Love it.......Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like how low it is to the ground. Could this be done with a matching pair of step through frames? Give it a matching pair of suspension forks and tie the steering together. Single drive wheel in the back, centered to make it legal in the states as a tadpole trike ( low budget tri-car).Something to think about...
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep need a Cricket or something like for swap meet buggy. Getting to old to walk all that much but to young for the wheel chair or electric carts,besides it would be a fun project..............Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The Balzar Cycle Car would be simple to build. Didn't some of the snowmobiles have a Wankle engine in them?

Might be a good place for an electric motor so your traveling clean and quiet at the flea market.

Steve.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That "Cricket" attract my attention some years ago... Could be made in every variant: serious motorised quadricycle (cycle-car, from moped engine up to small V-twin, as was mentioned), or as pure velocipede (pedal-powered), or some combination between those tow opposite variants! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For me, interesting would be to cut bicycle's frames of my present quadricycle and made some structure between: having wheel-base of around 170 cm ~ 67”, instead of present too short wheelbase of 108 cm ~ 42 ½ '' …
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Good layout and dimensions for side-by-side seating with easy step-in and step-out in spite of male-bicycle frames (free space in the middle)...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] If two of us have crank-shaft pedals connected to one rear wheel (left), then there could be later added engine on a side for another wheel (right)...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Of course, front MTB forks at front (with springs), simple steering and for beginning bicycle's rim-brakes... Body – nothing or anything: veteran-car, velo-car, Mochet-Ptitauto-Coupe...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran[/FONT]

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
http://www.american-automobiles.com/Cycle-Cars/222Balzer-Cyclecar.html
Actually when I was looking up the Cricket Kool and simple . 3'x6' small and portable ,maybe use 20" and 26" . No rotary engine though ..........Curt
=====================
Curt,
You are not fair! Just as I forgot on Balzer and similar classic quadricycles - you mentioned it again! Great design of super-simplicity!
Zoran:-||
P.S.: For the begining - to cut this one in pieces after some months of joy-rides?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The Balzar Cycle Car would be simple to build. Didn't some of the snowmobiles have a Wankle engine in them?

Might be a good place for an electric motor so your traveling clean and quiet at the flea market.

Steve.
Good thought but are a three sided rotary piston a chamber,so don't even look like anything old.
I have a twin Briggs in a lawn tractor along with hydrostatic rear end,i have been saving for this. Just can't waite till the lake place is sold then i will have more time................Curt

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wan...LDhqyv2RM:&usg=__hyIjVPn4pezVuJtZNQ4XG9hd6TM=