Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...Could you imagine trying to drive such tiny cars in modern traffic though :eek:
Actually, yes... yes I can - can't we all? Isn't that what this thread is really all about? :D

Thanks for the other micro-minis, I'd not seen 'em before... TBH while you may appreciate the hat & coat, it's the grin that tells all ;)

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Actually, yes... yes I can - can't we all? Isn't that what this thread is really all about? :D

Thanks for the other micro-minis, I'd not seen 'em before... TBH while you may appreciate the hat & coat, it's the grin that tells all ;)
Yes I must agree, - I don't know what came over me for a moment there.

And yes that grin speaks volumes :D

Rytecraft also made wee trucks.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Interesting to see how it had improved over the earlier ones. Better steering and suspension as well as brakes I'm sure.

Some how that sweet little velocar from the teens or twenties keeps drawing me back.

Steve.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
This just keeps getting more interesting. Many of these ideas will prove very useful later. Thanks everyone. By all means, keep sharing. :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The front steering in the Blue Velocar (ancient delight) in post #392 looks easy to build. Looks stable but uses normal bicycle wheels, forks and axles.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The engine placement in the Schasche cyclecar also provides a simple chain line, free of jack shafts, differentials and other complications. It also provides a heater for the left side of your body.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
The front steering in the Blue Velocar (ancient delight) in post #392 looks easy to build. Looks stable but uses normal bicycle wheels, forks and axles.
Yes it is a simple method and old photographic evidence shows it was a common way to build a front axle back in the day.

That's a nice looking machine! With the engine outboard it makes the rest pretty compact. Easy access to the mechanics.
SB
The engine placement in the Schasche cyclecar also provides a simple chain line, free of jack shafts, differentials and other complications. It also provides a heater for the left side of your body.
Exactly! Needless to say ever since I saw these photos the clockwork in my brain has been ticking over flat out.

Last edited: