Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thank you all , Very much. The owner turned all Erkle when he took it for a test drive. We go tuesday for the metal for another one. another customer saw it and wanted to drive it, I took him for a short ride. SOLD another one!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Super, and he should have been all Erkle. Another happy customer and another one coming behind him.
Before your done, the area will be full of Eggs scooting about.

Steve.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That looks like so much fun! It does make you think about what overkill big tires and heavy metal beasts most vehicles are even when used in Urban or very rural situations where cruising along at 70mph is not the situation and where 20 or perhaps 30 mph is plenty enough.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you. It is good to see an original one once again. I'm thinking that with a 1,200w-48V mid motor and a folding top it would serve to lighten the use of a car by a lot.
I still work on the plans once in a while for the velo I'll build after the tri car is finished.

Steve.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Early Alternative Fuel Vehicle

Custer Specialty Car Company began producing electric cars and wheelchairs in Dayton, Ohio, in 1920. The founder, L. Luzern Custer, was an invalid, hence the three-wheeled electric wheelchair production. Custer had actually developed an electric-powered prototype vehicle before the turn of the century. Both of these images would be of the Custer Park Car model and some were used as an amusement park ride in places such as LeSourdsville Lake, Ohio, for many years. Custer also produced other models in the 1930s. A child’s Cootie Car which was offered in toy catalogs, a miniature railroad car called a Cabbie, a mini-truck called a Carrier, and at least one two-passenger coupe. These cars were powered by four batteries and could run for about 10 miles before re-charging. They could run on any road or track surface available, which made them easy for carnivals to set up on an abandoned parking lot, and top speed was only about 8 mph. Gas models were also produced, though a majority of production was electric.