Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
The first picture looks like a German Goliath front wheel drive 2 stroke. Goliaths were made under licence in India until recently.

Some ideas for anybody interested: Bond Microcar, the text states only 85 made, but that will apply to this version. There were thousands made over the years.

Later model, D, I think.

Wiki info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_Minicar
Ludwig, the magazine arrived in the post yesterday and I can assure you it's a homebuild design using plywood over a wooden frame. Similar drive arrangement to the Bond though, but with a trailing type front suspension and drive instead of the Bond's leading fork arrangement.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
> I do hope I haven't offended with my previous remark. There was something fresh on my mind that day from earlier at work. One of our new workers was wondering why our boss had hired so many women in the department. (I'm the only other guy.) He answered by stating that Human Resources takes whoever applies and is qualified. It just worked out that way. She then deduced that I must be pretty skillful for a guy.
No offense taken at all so don't worry. :)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Here's one were building for a customer who recently lost his drivers license.
We call them rollin eggs (original design built by a man in maine, Jory Squibb)
We've done a few of these they are 49cc and go 30mph and get 90-100 mpg.
We will hook up the wiring and put the front wheels on it tommorrow then take this one for its maiden voyage
I'll post some pics when its finished

Attachments

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Rick,
That is a slick little rig! Did you do a build thread on it? How did the velocar for your cousin work out? Is he using it?
SB
Steve's is almost finished we've drove it quite a bit. Its apart getting prepped for paint.
I didnt do a build thread on this one. The original was called moonbeam.
They are pretty neat. We believe we've improved on the original designa little more room and weighs less. Good over all design.
Ill post more pics of it in a couple days.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Barely, those kids had the coolest little velocar! The design grows on you after a bit. And you could tell the kids loved that thing. That was awesome.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
The only problem is growing up so they no longer fit into it. As a kiddie I loved my pedalcars, - well actually they were my brother's pedalcars and I had to sneak a go with driving them when they weren't around if I didn't want to start a fight.

And my parents had this bad habit of passing on our toys that they thought we'd grown out of to the pointy headed three eyed childspawn of some relative or another. (Please forgive my regression to my 12 year old point of view)
Some years later when I was thirty something I pointed out to Mum that those pedalcars would be now worth a fortune if they'd been stored away in the shed instead of being given to her younger sister's Visigoth horde to be demolition derbyed to death.