I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
$12,000 for a bike that you have to pedal? LOL

I don't care if the whole thing weighed just 3 lbs. You still gotta power it with your own legs. People are obviously paying it or it wouldn't be selling for that price. Mind boggling.
I have a customer that has one. He owns a business that has stores around town that sell reading glasses. He takes it to the shop to get the cable slack adjusted. I love him though, we need more people like him in the world.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have a customer that has one. He owns a business that has stores around town that sell reading glasses. He takes it to the shop to get the cable slack adjusted. I love him though, we need more people like him in the world.
I must be just lazy or old or a combination of the two. I'm not a big fan of pedaling, multi-speed or not. LOL

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
prices of racing bicycles both mountain bikes and street bikes are whatever the pocket book can handle, no different then our motorized bicycles. we are all just big kids that like to have fun

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I must be just lazy or old or a combination of the two. I'm not a big fan of pedaling, multi-speed or not. LOL
Someone sent me this 2013 Stealth Owners Manual. The advise given in this manual seems to indicate there's a lot of pedaling involved in riding one of these bikes. I really don't have a problem with pedaling, I just don't like riding across town at 15 mph, because it takes too long.

http://stokgolm.myftp.org/SEB.Owners.Manual.2013.pdf

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Someone sent me this 2013 Stealth Owners Manual. The advise given in this manual seems to indicate there's a lot of pedaling involved in riding one of these bikes. I really don't have a problem with pedaling, I just don't like riding across town at 15 mph, because it takes too long.

http://stokgolm.myftp.org/SEB.Owners.Manual.2013.pdf
It says you have an 18 Ah battery fully charged and that, "you should get home after 17 Ah is used up". If you travel in a straight line away from your home then you will be stuck out who knows where. LOL

At 9 Ah you should turn around and head back or you will be doing a whole lot of pedaling.

I got the same electric hub on my bike but is also backed up by a 97cc gas engine.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I can tell you're serious about not having to pedal lol.
My bike weighs in at a conservative estimate of 120 lbs. The pedal side of my bike is a single 12T freewheel. Having to pedal that thing any distance just sends a chill down my spine just thinking about it. Not to mention the multiple "Streets of San Francisco" type hills that surround me on 2 sides. LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My bike weighs in at a conservative estimate of 120 lbs. The pedal side of my bike is a single 12T freewheel. Having to pedal that thing any distance just sends a chill down my spine just thinking about it. Not to mention the multiple "Streets of San Francisco" type hills that surround me on 2 sides. LOL
I'm glad there's at least one guy out there with a bike as heavy as mine is going to be. I'm going to try to put it on a diet once I get it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
In my spare time I've been reading about other factory turnkey electric bicycles. So far besides a Stealth none of them look very interesting. Even totally discounting price, I can see why home builders don't like the factory bikes. Almost every one of them traps you into using their purpose built battery, controller, motor, or probably all three. That means you better like their range, or power, because it's going to be difficult to customize them to suit your personal likes.

In comparison Stealth's are more like a home build, except made by a factory, or a very above average home builder. There's nothing special about most of the individual components, and that's a big advantage Stealth's have over the competition. It's only the combined assembly that makes a Stealth different from your home built bike.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The heavy frame is the unique part, lol! It looks very impressive looking and its a finished product for sure.
Any bike that weights more than 40 lbs is a beast, and that's going to be all electrics. Actually all motor bicycles for that matter.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
So far I've collected new tires, and tubes, a Moose Racing kick stand, a rear rack, and my headlight should be here by Thursday. But no friggin bike to put them on.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Stealth Bomber ? My friends all drive China girls, I must make amends. Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends, So Lord, won't you buy me a Stealth Bomber? :D
A Bomber is not going to help you. What you want is a Mercedes Benz. A really old one.