I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This kitchen work is almost done. At least the contractor will be done soon. He's got a little more painting to finish tomorrow, and hook the new sink up. After that there's some trim work around the bottom of the counter tops, and that's about it. He said if he doesn't finish tomorrow, he's going to work on Saturday till it's done.

It looks really great. The boss is only treating me 2/3 as mean as usual.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Today will probably be the final day of the kitchen remodel. Last night I helped out by installing the vent a hood. What's left is to finish installing the sink, and the wood trim around the base of the cabinets, and under the countertop. Then I think pay the guy, and it's over.

Unfortunately I have to leave in a few minutes, and won't be back until this afternoon, but I'm hoping to be back before the job is finished. I should have pictures soon after that.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
the contractor is finished, and this is the result. The cabinet over the stove is one big 10' long cabinet. There's four cabinets on the floor, two that can be seen have doors, and one has a drawer. Two of the floor cabinets not in view, have three big draws. There's one more additional small cabinet with a glass door on the wall over the sink. All the doors have soft close hinges that don't allow the doors to slam shut.The countertops are Peacock Green Granite, with Ogee cut edges. The double sink is a cast iron Kohler, with a new Pfister faucet.

The contractor might be done, but the boss isn't. She's going to install a backsplash on the wall behind the stove, and paint the kitchen was a different color. That's her boring fun kind of stuff. We like motor bicycles.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Sweet!

Yup, I think you did it right. She will be so happy glowing in her new kitchen that she'll never notice another bike.

Better yet, sell one to a bud and then the count will be the same - :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Now it's time for me to lay low, and try to stay out of trouble for a while. Just move along, nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't know how long it will take my bike to get here. Maybe a month, maybe two. When I does, I'm going to start a new thread about it.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow biknut, your wife's new kitchen looks beautiful! She must be very happy with it.
Congrats on a distraction well done!
Oh yeah, how come you never told us you were married to a vampire slayer?

I am looking forward to your review thread of the 'Bomber. I hope it arrives soon for you!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Oh yeah, how come you never told us you were married to a vampire slayer?
She doesn't discriminate, she's an equal opportunity slayer. She's 100 lbs of dynamite. I'm thinking I might need to hedge my bets, and buy her a new stove for her birthday next month.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Uh oh, the day of reckoning is coming sooner than I expected. I'm glad the kitchen remodel was completed ahead of schedule. The dealer I bought my bike through sent word today that my bike is supposed to ship from the factory in Australia within a week.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yeee ha, your stealth bomber motorized bicycle i am looking forward to the report on. i had to stop watching the video's i started wanting one lol

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah Baby!

Looking forward to the biknut high speed ebike videos.

With air, customs and freight it should be a couple of weeks.

Those kilowatts are ready to be unleashed - :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's good to see more electric bicycles coming out. I think they're going to become more and more popular from now on. That's what it's going to take to get the prices down, as demand starts going up.

I'm seeing more articles about electric motorcycles in the magazines all the time now. Battery technology is improving at a rapid rate too.

Not long ago I would have never considered an electric bike, because I thought the range and speed was not going to be enough to satisfy me. What changed my mind was when I realized this bomber is a lot faster than Stunner, and has the same, or even greater range. The silent operation is also a huge attraction, especially with all the city bike trails where I live, and they're building more all the time. I've ridden my china girls on the bike trails, but they're now well received by public even when I ride slow.

I know the price is a put off to some, but at my age I'm starting to realize I can't take it with me, and I want to enjoy it while I can.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya we cannot wait to here about what your wife thinks. this is like a motorized bicycle tv reality show lol

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Since y'all have been married for so long, I'd bet money that she 'suspects' that something is up.........I was only married for 20 years and couldn't get away with anything. :D