I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm getting a disease, and it looks like the only cure involves buying a Stealth Bomber. There's only one thing stopping me from ordering one right now, and she's sitting over there on the couch eyeing me right now.

This is what one looks like.

They go 50 mph, and at that speed apparently have about a 35 mile range. Going slower maybe 50 mile range.

Here's my favorite video of one. It's totally insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMF5Jz2z3o

Here's a review.

http://www.electricbike.com/stealth-bomber-review/

Right now I'm considering my options. Divorce, murder, hollow threats???? Did I mention they cost $10,000?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Frickin 6 piston disks front and rear. A 9 speed gear box on the pedal crank.

The main thing I don't like is it weights 120 lb.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
To give you an idea of about how fast this thing is, with pedal assist it should do 50 mph in about 5 or 6 seconds.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I like everything about that bike except the part about $10000 to $14000..........
They quoted me 10,800 to my door with no options. Building your own would be over $6000 without the 8 speed gear box, assuming all new parts.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have a plan. If I go through with this it will go down in history as the sneakiest, and by far biggest covert transaction I ever made in my life. I was aided this time by a very adept and knowledgeable bank employee.

She signed me up online for a credit card with a $12,000 limit, and no interest for 1 1/2 years. The card will show up on my account online in about 4 days. She explained to me how to click on the box for this card only, to go paperless, so no paperwork will come to the house for this card, but everything else will stay the same. I'm only required to make minimum payments each month of $20 which I can pay personally at the bank with cash. The big boss doesn't know how to check the bank account online, and since she doesn't know about the card she'll never think to ask about it.

When the bike shows up after about 8 weeks, I can tell the boss it only cost $2,500, or whatever. What a deal I got from a super sale I found online. I had to buy it, because I'm saving us so much money. Then I'll have a year and a half to figure out how to pay off the card before the no interest expires, or move the balance to a new location.

Now all I got to do is make sure I get to the mail first the day the card comes. I don't have to do anything until after I'm sure everything is going as planned, and I can still decide to call the whole thing off and chop the card up if I change my mind, or come to my senses.

If I go ahead with this plan I can change the whole dynamics of the situation by getting the bosses kitchen remodeled sometime in the next 12 months. Don't try this at home boy and girls, I'm a professional.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The only thing wrong I see with your plan ----- Everything!!

If you think the wife won't find out, you're living on a different planet than I am. When I was married, I always asked myself if what I wanted to do was worth half of everything I had/would've had. The answer was always "no".

Best of luck in your schemes.....you've got bigger cojones than me.:eek:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am gonna take my other full suspension BoXer bike frame ''its still a new un-ran un- assembled virgin''
On day it will be....... Just as good! Iffen I get it my way lol

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Why not get a MP3 and a good lithium battery (1KWH) and build a starter.

It will go 30 MPH and 30 miles and cost you a grand.

And save your marriage - :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Me thinks the whole scheme sounds way too simple. If it was that easy I'd have a new Harley in my garage, yesterday. Sumpin' is gonna happen, and it won't be pretty. Check to see if lawyers take credit cards before you do it. :( or :) depending on the outcome.

Tom

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Just make sure you read the fine print. Usually if you don't pay the whole thing off in 12 months, you have to pay the full interest amount on that transaction. Just an FYI :)
I usually pull the old: "that's from the bonus I got last year" then take the fam out for dinner. My wife knows I have a play money account for my toys. However she doesn't know how much I have in it... :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What a bunch of nervous nellies. Are we men, or are we mice? Like I said I'm a professional. I've been married to it since 1975. I learned the black arts the hard way, by getting caught all the time in the early days. I got dis.

Tomorrow I'm going to explain to the boss that we aren't getting any younger, and she needs to get her kitchen remodeled sooner rather than later. Because I love her.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The suggestion of getting a 30 mph bike is a really sensible one. If I was going to do that I'd get this one. It does 30 mph and is $6000 cheaper than the one I want. But no.

http://www.electricbike.com/stromer-st1/

Blame it on my moped. I have to ride almost 15 miles one way, 3 times a week across town in 6:00 traffic. Less than 40 mph like my moped does feels risky. Less than 35 would be asking for it. 30 and SUVs would just run me over and claim I deserved it. This is Dallas, they already figure if you're on a bicycle in traffic they're supposed to run you over, and maybe shoot you a couple times too, just to teach you a lesson. Heck I even ran over a few of them myself.

This is what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4jZyeavNZ4

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol coffee came out my nose on that one.
I have over 5,000 miles on my magic pie electric bicycle. it all depends what you are looking for. motorized bicycles are way to much fun
What a bunch of nervous nellies. Are we men, or are we mice? Like I said I'm a professional. I've been married to it since 1975. I learned the black arts the hard way, by getting caught all the time in the early days. I got dis.

Tomorrow I'm going to explain to the boss that we aren't getting any younger, and she needs to get her kitchen remodeled sooner rather than later. Because I love her.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I keep trying to talk myself into buying a Stealth Fighter, which is $2000 less than a Bomber. Aside from the price, there's several things I like better about the Fighter.

Number one, it's smaller, and a lot lighter than a Bomber. Because of it's slightly smaller size it looks a little more like a regular bicycle so it's more stealthy, and more under the radar. The only reason either of these bikes are legal on the street is because they come equipped with a electric governor limiting power and top speed to the federal standard of 750w and 20 mph. Un corking the governor is just a matter of pulling a wire on the controller which turns it into a 3kW monster.

An number two, another feature I consider an advantage on the Fighter is it's 2 speed gearbox on the pedal drive line, instead of the Bombers 9 speed. 9 speeds sound great until you realize that you really only use top gear 90% of the time, and only need the lower gears if you run out of juice, and have to pedal home. I feel this would be the case with myself, because when I had a motorized bicycle with multi speeds, I found that I only used one gear most of the time just to ride away for a stop. Even my top 21st gear wasn't tall enough to pedal assist at speed. On the Fighter what they're saying is top gear is tall enough you can pedal assist up to about 30 mph, and first gear is low enough to ride home with a dead battery. it seems like that's all you need. There's no need to pedal assist from a stop, because this thing has so much power off the line. Pedaling a 120 lb Bomber will probably be unrealistic for any distance more than about 1 mile, while pedaling a 75 lb Fighter with a dead battery might be feasible with a low enough first gear.

Those are the things I like, but this is where my problem lies.

It's two fold. The range of a claimed 35 miles is going to come up a little short for riding in Dallas. I really will need a solid 40 to 45 miles because every place I like to ride to is about 20 miles from my home.

The second thing isn't as worrisome, but it's the top speed. Tester claim 34 mph is possible. I could probably live with that, but I would be running at max output to do it. That will probably end up being a problem that shortens the range. With the Bombers greater top speed of 50 mph, you could cruise at 35 mph only using 80% power.

Being that I'm a nub about Ebikes I ask these questions to the electric brain trust.

What do you think would be the possibility that in time I could figure out a way to improve both the range, and top speed of a Fighter, considering I have good mechanical skill, and access to very skilled electrical engineers? I'm only asking for about 40 mile range, and 40 mph top speed. I could get that right out of the box with a Bomber, but if I can do that with a Fighter I would enjoy the challenge.

I'm thinking at the worst, more battery, different hub motor, and different controller would be the most I would need, but my question is would it even be that difficult?

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

Have no fear. I will build a mid-drive electric bike that exceeds the Stealth Bomber in speed, acceleration and range, for half the price of the bomber and it will weigh no more that it does. Electric hubs are just not up to that task easily, like a mid-drive is.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50028

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Have no fear. I will build a mid-drive electric bike that exceeds the Stealth Bomber in speed, acceleration and range, for half the price of the bomber and it will weigh no more that it does. Electric hubs are just not up to that task easily, like a mid-drive is.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50028
I have no doubt that will be possible, but I don't have that kind of knowledge.