• I rarely wear a helmet when riding

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I just man it without one on

Votes: 22 11.1%

• Total voters

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
High., I wear my helmet when I use my motor,I'm permanently Brain damaged from a crtical double skull fracture, that left me half deaf. I also weqr my helmett when I do my boatin.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Always 100% wear one and all of my MB helmet's are DOT motorcycle helmets. BTW a DOT helmet is the law in Wasington State for anything on two or three wheels with an "internal combustion engine" Odd that ... I am thinking about this... most anyone I have ever seen on a MB in Wa has only been wearing a bicycle helemt.... tisk tisk. WEAR A DOT HELMET PEOPLE!

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
on a motor bike a bicycle helmet will not cut it, you need a DOT or SNELL rated helmet, a bicycle helmet is designed for an impact at pedal speed, 7-15 mph. motor bikes go upwards of 30. you can trust your life with a bicycle helmet, i will continue to wear my motorcycle helmets

PictureDave

Dec 22, 2011
Knoxville, TN
The only time I don't wear a helmet is if i'm driving across my apartment's parking lot to test my bike. Other than that, I always wear one when I ride. I was lucky to have it today because I went down for the first time due to a faulty front fork.

Last edited:

PictureDave

Dec 22, 2011
Knoxville, TN
on a motor bike a bicycle helmet will not cut it, you need a DOT or SNELL rated helmet, a bicycle helmet is designed for an impact at pedal speed, 7-15 mph. motor bikes go upwards of 30. you can trust your life with a bicycle helmet, i will continue to wear my motorcycle helmets
Plus Motorcycle/moped helmets look way cooler than bicycle helmets and are more cold weather friendly.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I think a lot of people do not realize something about bicycle helmets. The same thing applies to motorcycle helmets as well. That point is this; Helmets that you and I can buy today are based on helmets designed for racing. The tech gets passed down to commercial grade helmets. And if you buy one from a reputable manufacturer then you have a good helmet if it's a bicycle or motorcycle helmet.

Anyone that lives in a mountainous area can tell you, going downhill on a pedal bike you can reach some really fast speeds. I once hit 42.5mph on a full suspension TREK Y-frame, a Y-22. The speedo I had was well calibrated and accurate. As tested by a police officer with a laser radar gun. Heck, on that same bike, right before I got the speedo, I hit 35mph on mostly level road, told to me by the guy behind me in his work van. He was fixing to pass me when he looked at his speedo and saw he was doing the speed limit which was 35. So he just stayed behind me till we got to the red light a half mile away. This was on a pedal bike, no motor.

The riders in pro bicycle races wear bicycle helmets. If it's good enough for them then it's good enough for me.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I would prefer to wear my bicycle helmet because it is lighter and cooler, but here in Ga the law States the helmet must be D.O.T approved so I were a cruiser half style.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
OK, I am NOT a huge fan of the OSHA Cowboy...

Unless you are racing that motorized bicycle on a board track, I'd really suggest you get the best brakes you can.

a helmet is no substitute for brakes

and not to put too fine a point on it, ALL the armor you can put on is not a bad idea when taking any kind of bike out in traffic

Best
rc

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
R.C. you are 100% right! Hmm lets see...no helmet and no brakes, I hope he checked organ donor on his drivers license! Seriously at least fix the brakes.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I wear mine all the time...unless i've been workin on bike and have to take it around the block.
It is not leagal to ride motorized bicycles without helmets where i am. athe cops dont like that.

They will know.

aussiedan

Feb 23, 2013
australia
i always wear a helmet and gloves and if its not too hot i wear my leather jacket. i learned the hard way road rash and concussion hurt