Death Race 4-16-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That really is kinda funny 'cause I knew if I put that # on the tandem, people might think that.....and so I did laff Pat and I are really good friends, but far from ???, our GF's would kill us! And please know that i'm only joking, and a little curious when I was thinking about any connotation of BiMoPed.....:D

It's all good bro, we'll miss ya and I think from San Diego to Santa Barbara and beyond......SoCal will represent very well!

Cheers!

#1 p hood
#3 scotto-
#69 tandem p/s
Broke Back Tandem..
All right everybody is picking on Scotto Jeez..:Drotfl

I just spent all morning re-jetting the rest of my carb on my Morini. The idle circuit jet and even the choke jet since I was already in there.. I got the main jet right first try last week. About 6000 feet here. This 9.4 really runs good now.

Shame I am outta money to come lol. Tricking out my BoXer left me for brokes..Mebbe next time? I know I am gonna miss out on something good!!!!!

You sea level guy's from SoCal just might not like the elevation at the track. :p

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I just busted a gut laughing.....we'll be a fine pair with Pat still having steel rods in his arm and me with a busted gut rotfllaffrotfl
My family and friends are giving me warnings to 'take it easy' too since my skin graft wounds are not completely healed yet either.
That's a nice looking LTS with the CE head on it.....you should race that, or is that your sons?
dnut
The silver full suspension NuVinci manual shifter won't be ready by tomorrow, so I am just taking Bad Mojo.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My family and friends are giving me warnings to 'take it easy' too since my skin graft wounds are not completely healed yet either.
The silver full suspension NuVinci manual shifter won't be ready by tomorrow, so I am just taking Bad Mojo.
Hey KC, Bad Mojo is better than No Mojo! That LTS w/NuVinci would've been the ticket tho. See ya'll there :D

dnut

PistonBike Rob

Jun 19, 2010
Santa Susana
Got to the track early today and are camping now at the track, having a blast. Weather conditions are perfect. Can't wait to see all the bikes.

We will be giving away a motor kit to the winner of the bike show.

See you all soon

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Got to the track early today and are camping now at the track, having a blast. Weather conditions are perfect. Can't wait to see all the bikes.

See you all soon
Thanks for the report, please keep them coming.
Photos too.
All us guys that couldn't make it to Tucson are so jealous.
Going to be a great time, wish I was there.

You won't have to drive so far for the next Motorized Bike Race.
Got some big news for all you Southern Californians real soon!

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA

See you all soon
What time does everything start? Will the bike show be wrapped up before practice on the track starts? We just arrived in Tucson from Santa Barbara and pretty exhausted from the drive, but excited to get to the track early so we don't miss anything.

PistonBike Rob

Jun 19, 2010
Santa Susana
We want to get the show over soon as possible, track has a few other events planed for today. A moto, mini pit race and some sort of cart party. We are allowed on the track all day between all the fun. Get here early.

Track conditions still perfect, hot with slight breeze .

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Arrgghhh, bike problems but I'm bringing Bad Mojo anyway.

I plan to head out around 2PM from Phoenix, and since my son is still a flake he's not going with us and that opened up a spot for a local MB friend to catch a ride with us.

Rob, where do I find you guys?
We have a room at the Howard Johnson's and some reference point of where both are would sure help.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes we i had a blast i am glad i got to meet new riders also i like to thank all the people that attend at this years race hopefully i get to see u guys on the next race

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Only about 36 bikes ended up racing which is a little disappointing

Bairdco got 5th overall, he said 1st was an electric bike with a lot of HP

2nd was Alex the "Blue Fox" on a 9 HP Morini

3rd was Dave31 on his 5.8 HP Morini

4th was a China 2 stroke ridden by a local track rat rider

Scotto and Pat broke the #69 tandem but it was the fastest 4 stroke

Scotto was also the fastest on his 4 stroke Q Matic but got lapped
by Baird

Culvercityclassic and Magrider had some equipment problems...

Sounds like everyone had a great time.....

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Only about 36 bikes ended up racing which is a little disappointing

Bairdco got 5th overall, he said 1st was an electric bike with a lot of HP

2nd was Alex the "Blue Fox" on a 9 HP Morini

3rd was Dave31 on his 5.8 HP Morini

4th was a China 2 stroke ridden by a local track rat rider

Scotto and Pat broke the #69 tandem but it was the fastest 4 stroke

Scotto was also the fastest on his 4 stroke Q Matic but got lapped
by Baird

Culvercityclassic and Magrider had some equipment problems...

Sounds like everyone had a great time.....
Thanks for the report! Looks like instant torque wins the race.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks to everyone who made Death Race 2011 a success, smallest April DR we have ever had but that just gave more fun to those that did make it.

Lets not forget who really to Thank....

Motorbicycling.com
Freedom Bikes USA
PistonBikes.com
affordablegokarts.com
JNMotorsbikes.com
Musselman Honda Circuit

#19 Paul from Oregon won on his electric bike, that dude has track experience his lines where flawless. Even if he did not have so much hp he still would have done very well.

# 00 Alex Campa on His Santa Cruz Scooter Works BoXer got 2 and I got 3rd on my BoXer.

I had so much fun! I got to meet Baidco and Scotto, Pat and many others. Piston Bikes guys are a blast to hang out with.

I will get some videos and photos up guys as soon as I can with also where everyone finished.

I had a crash in practice and man am I sore. I got road rash all on my left side from my shoulder down to about my knee. I woke up to find my left ankle swelled up and I dont even remember hurting it.

Here is a photo of the winner Paul, Congratulations Paul! Really appreciate you coming all the way from Oregon. BTW you need someone to take that stinker 2-stroke motor kit off your hands that you won hit me up lol. Well done Paul..........

Attachments

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
Paul had the "jockey factor." He must of only weighed 100lbs. No one could beat his power to weight. I thought it really cool he drove an early honda insight hybrid.

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
:-||Sounds as if you all had a great time and a GREAT RACE! Sorry the Seattle group had car trouble and didn't get past Sacramento... BUT Reno treated us well and we're fixed and back home. Next Time Maybe? dance1 -EZ