What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chainmaker,

I understand better than most people. Started a European style 3 year apprenticeship along with 3 months of government schooling every year right out of high school. They handed me the final papers 3 years later and two weeks after that I was a distant memory to the lads still bent over the stoves.

Steve.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Spent the day at the Peterson Museum with work related business...breakfast and lunch included.... It was a good day at work....

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I asked an older gentleman how he was doing. He replied, "I'm doing nectariney!!"

I guess he saw my puzzled look and answered with the following.....

"Well, nectariney isn't quite as fuzzy of a description as 'peachy'......"

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Well, it was work... but it was fun. I disassembled an 87 year old log cabin. It was an original home stead for a local ranching family.
This one was done right. Two stories, plenty of doors and windows, hand hewn inside and out, and pegged internally. Really nice building.

I will be re-assembling this at our lot, so I hope to add some pics of that in the future.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I work for Child Protective Services. When I'm not shuffling paper and ensuring our clients receive their services, I transport foster children to their doctors, move them to safer homes and other appointments. One of our foster boys joined his school track team, but he lives 13 miles from his shelter home. After working 10 hours on Tuesday, my task is to drive 12 miles to the boy's school and transport him home. On Mondays, another aide picks up the child at another track field after practice, then drives him home 17 miles away. I get $10 for a meal ticket and 3 hours overtime pay. We've got the worst traffic in the U.S., and rush-hour is really bad. I'll be doing this until the season's over.

Hey, I'll do anything to get the job done.:)

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Good day at work today for a Saturday, had a new customer come by out of the blue and lay a pile of 100's on me to build him a 212cc Predator with a TC2 torque converter on a Macargi Fatal Love 29" beach cruiser like this 49cc build I did.

Fun AND profitable ;-}

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Right now my work is finishing up (will never be done in my field) school and finding work.

I have many opportunities but all are pretty dull sounding jobs. Just found a company that would be my dream job. Developing products and procedures in manufacturing.

http://www.inndevinc.com/

I have about 10 motorized bicycle designs rattling around in my head. How cool would it be to have lunch most days with professional engineers and production experts!?!?

Might even finally get the flying/floating motorized bicycle built!

.fly.cptr.

Hiker made both those smilies way back just for that insane idea. Miss him. Hate when folks go MIA....

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just got home at 1:30am........gotta be back at 5:00am.

At least inventory prep is complete. Hopefully the shrink # will be within budget.......

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
KC- A pile o hundreds sounds pretty good to me!
Dan- I've got a landing strip ready...
xseler- 0130?! Dang, what do you do?

Delivered some timbers to a jobsite today about 40mi N.W. of Yellowstone Park. Here's a peek at some house details, and the good part;
where I ate lunch.
Life's rough people.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm a manager that gets to wear an Orange apron in a big box home improvement store. Big box retail ain't for wimps.............

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
My company no longer offers employee discounts.......but we do get performance bonuses. However, they have a program where other companies offer us discounts.......yeah, I'm scratching my head also!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Well it didn't happen at work but I did get a call from the Machinists Union for my interview tomorrow....I've been on "the list" 6 years and no.2 on that list for 2 years

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Wow! A lot of wildlife today... These were all spotted within a couple hours of each other, all just north of Yellowstone park.

1) Big horn sheep. They are usually around this spot.
2) Little bear.
3) Montana root puller. Looks like a dog huh?
4) Bull moose. Notice the shaky pic, I was about 20 yards out from this guy.
5) Without patting my own back- that's a good picture.

Attachments

Last edited: