what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Got my "on a budget/scrap parts build" running today. Been riding it around and making adjustments. My chain tensioner wheel sucks. Gotta get a new one. Tried to make one out of a skateboard wheel but its the wrong type. Got down about an 1/8 and it was solid plastic.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I mounted one of those 24v currie motors on my bike today for commuting. It rained all day so I have only ridden it around the block so far. I bought the kit used, so I need to test the battery endurance before I try to commute to work on it. I'll do a post on it after I sort a few things out and take some pics.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
really sorry for the hard time buddy.... I know it stinks, just hope this nation wakes up and throws the bums out before its to late.

Map:-||
Same here. Times are tough all around lately, and for some even more than others. I remember a famous comedian saying something about how politicians are like diapers: they should be changed often and for the same reason.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Same here. Times are tough all around lately, and for some even more than others. I remember a famous comedian saying something about how politicians are like diapers: they should be changed often and for the same reason.
Amen to that bro...........!

What we have now are mainly a bunch of elitist self-serving moochers off the hard working mans money, all they have is what they take from us and they treat we the people as if we owe them something and are completely clueless as to what the term "public servant" means.
A bunch of power hungry tyrants behind a fancy suite and a smile.

Ok ok...... ill get off my soap box now!

Peace, Map
.flg.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
No rain here, yet. I've only looked at my bike as I go to work or when I come home the last few days. I really don't know how much longer I can continue in this line of work.....

Ah, the joys of being 'Joe Taxpayer' and helping all the deadbeats stay deadbeats.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Seems like Ive been living at my shop lately lol, I really haven't but by the time I get out of there its dark...and cold.

Well today, rather this evening I called up my bud and we cranked the bikes up and took an hour long stroll around town. Was a good time, low traffic, hit a bunch of bike paths. Downside, it was 44 degrees and dark. By the time we got back my clutch hand was pretty stiff (Guess that clutch wheel mod would be handy to have!) and dang my knees were cold lol.

This will be my last ride until I get tires. The ones Im using are the same ones that came with the used wheels I bought and even though I inspected them before the ride once we got back the tires are splitting at the seams from dry rot.

Dan.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Today I upgraded to a nt carb from a CNS omg its so much better way more simple and I upgraded to a performance exhaust
One question about the not carb the air switch at the back should be kept open at all times?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Today I upgraded to a nt carb from a CNS omg its so much better way more simple and I upgraded to a performance exhaust
One question about the not carb the air switch at the back should be kept open at all times?
I like my NT a lot. Very simple, very easy, give no trouble (unless I leave the petcock open for over a day).

This "not carb the air switch": are you asking about the choke?
If it's the choke, you should only really need it when starting during cold weather. Once the engine is warm, you just slide the lever down and forget about it.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Shan.......
It sure looks a lot different now that it's one color tomorrow I'll get the fenders on and have a complete bike to motorize.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Danshutz..........

Just mounted the front fender on the Black jack with leather washers pretty cool looking vintage touch.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I like my NT a lot. Very simple, very easy, give no trouble (unless I leave the petcock open for over a day).

This "not carb the air switch": are you asking about the choke?
If it's the choke, you should only really need it when starting during cold weather. Once the engine is warm, you just slide the lever down and forget about it.
Yeah the choke I kinda figured out how to work it last night thanks?

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Changed out my drum brake cable to a new one; Worksman frame with 66cc Zoombicycles engine with NT Speed Carb. Boardie Bars, Tank, tool box, Seat post w/clamp, Crank set, and Manifold from Sportscarpat. 36 tooth sprocket w/ mount from PitrateCycles. Monark forks from Venice Motor Bikes, Continental 26x2 Moped 2-22 KKS 10 Tires mounted on Worksman 11 Gauge Rims. Brooks Flyer Seat. CR Machine Head. SkipU Tensioner.
You want to know what I did?

I realized just how pathetic my bike is compared to yours and a whole lot other bikes I see in here.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You want to know what I did?

I realized just how pathetic my bike is compared to yours and a whole lot other bikes I see in here.
Hey bro dont hate on your bike......lol!

Most of us started simple and just worked the bike up from there one or two mods at a time, my bikes are still very simple and aren't high dollar builds by any means but they run good, and have been pretty darn reliable for how I ride which by the way ain't just putting around.

Good tires, good tubes, good brakes, good mounts on everything with a bolt or screw in or on it, a well tuned carb, good flowing exhaust, and a well aligned chain with all wheel bearings being properly greased and tensioned and you have a pretty darn good bike as long as the china girl gremlins ain't after you and you started out with a lemon engine........!

Best wishes and just do what you can when you can....

Map
.wee.

Last edited: