Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
If someone is interested in building a Morgan styled vehicle, I have recently read a number of reviews on the Generac V twin that is just under 1000cc and approximately 32hp.

Most are very positive.
The Briggs get kudos for box stock applications, and the parts network.

Considering they have about 10hp more than the Briggs Vanguard V twin, that's dandy!
rc

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There's a large number of V twins from many sources you can use. The old CX motors are handy, with the shaft drive. 2CV flat twins abound in Europe, there's BMW as well.

But! I bet none of you know about modern British hill climb/sprint trikes

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Tnx Lud!

Great looking racer!

What front differential are they using on those?
Do you know of a build website for those?

I got a VF interceptor 4cyl that might be great for one of those! lol
rc

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'll have a trawl around and see what info I can find. There are different engines, so I assume different diffs. They seem diffident about diffusing information.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Well, I've had a look, and I can't find anything at the moment on the fwd loony trikes. There is a set design that somebody produced, but the who and where they are currently eludes me.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Someone posted about these Litestar's awhile back.There is one in Austin that is in front of an insurance building rotting away. It has been there for probably close to 20 years.
I got a chance to stop by the other day and examine it, and while it is probably not beyond saving, it would need a ton of work at this point.

Attachments