Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I have a friend who is a packaging engineer, and he told me about his investigation into using cardboard in a racing sidecar outfit. If you only want to use it for a limited amount of time in dry conditions, you could just about get away with it. If it were used for too long, the fibres in the board would separate, and any water ingress at all would be catastrophic.

The Aston car is good in the way that it shows an understanding of the construction process which other prototypes fail to address; too many clever designs fall at the hurdle of cost effectiveness.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
“I guess I missed where it said you could pedal it?”
I never saw it in the text either. I saw the pedal set in some build pics. Turns a belt instead of a chain. It's way too complicated for my DYI abilities.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Insane, completely insane!

This is my kind of thing. (Gravity Racer)
It's the vintage with flair Intrepid (Gravity Racer), even when flinging oneself downhill with abandon one must do it with style ;)

Those look like alot of fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCMBE4bhm1o

It seems to me though that they have been mentioned on another thread somewhere here before?
Oh yea, many many times heh - it's the similarity between the "modern" craze of downhill drift triking and the pic from the 1902 Popular Mechanics article is what gave me the chuckle :D

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It probably goes all the way back to the original Draisiennes and the first time 2 men met at the top of a hill.