For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
I have belonged to all the chapters, but I did find The Sons of Arthritis website and ordered a shirt and head rag. I'll be an official member of the Osteo Chapter. The only one on my block.!

Thanks, Lud!

Dan

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Ha ha Ludwig comes through again with the goods. I love it! - I'm not really a tee shirt wearer, but I'm awfully tempted to get one. Mind you I still have my old leather motorbike jacket so I suppose I could get myself a patch for it.
Then I could go out on my Velo Solex powered bike and terrorise the town :D

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
At work, we've got a 'whiteboard' where anyone is free to post quotes or ideas. Sometimes I do famous quotes, sometimes it's just whimsy. This was today's submission ---

It's always a good day when I haven't had to release the flying monkeys!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
We have a whiteboard at my work like that. Back when the computers were crashing hourly one day, and tempers were flaring, before IT finally found out why, I went on lunch and wrote on the break room whiteboard: "Word of the day - Defenestration!"

Anybody who looked it up was grinning, because they were thinking along the same lines.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Don't know about you guys, but colds just seem to be more severe and last longer than in my younger days. It's like the body says to the cold, "Yeah, I see 'ya, take a number and have a seat." The cold took #87 while the body just hollered out, "18".............

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The back and the knees conspire to render the ground ever more distant when you're standing and need to pick something up.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Billy Connolly said something about reaching 60. Never trust a fart, and never waste an erection. Quite what buildings and monuments have to do with anything, I'm sure I don't know. Honest.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Lud, I have found things seem to be heavier if they are on the ground as opposed to on a table. Is gravity stronger down there or what?

Dan

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lud, I have found things seem to be heavier if they are on the ground as opposed to on a table. Is gravity stronger down there or what?

Dan
Dan,
It is a well known fact that the closer to the ground (floor) you get, the stronger the gravitational pull. Other factors come into play here however but I refuse to acknowledge that age is one of them.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I mean when I'm laying on the floor I can just feel the gravitational pull saying "just try to get up old man".

Dan
Tell me about it. I spent half the day under a bathroom sink fixing a leak in the drain. Laying on my back, over the edge of the cabinet under the sink and crawling in and out, going up and down the stairs to the garage for tools and stuff.
Just took a couple of aspirin. My back is killing me!
Next time, I'm calling a plumber! Writing a check isn't so physically demanding.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Tom, the best thing for working under a sink is an ............... ironing board.

Yep, you lay on it to support your back and neck.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I mean when I'm laying on the floor I can just feel the gravitational pull saying "just try to get up old man".

Dan
Lay on the floor MY ARSE, Are you kidding, If I laid on the floor I'd have to call for someone to help me up. THATS just too embarrassing. I remember not all that long ago, I USED TO BE A MAN.laff
fatdaddy.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Tom, I bin der; laying on the cabinet edge under a sink is right up with having
bamboo driven under your fingernails or watching reruns of the Partridge Family.
I gotta get me one of those T-shirts. They got a cannabis chapter? legal here. Helps
the pain some, but mostly ya just don't care that it hurts.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
So it's not just me!
I put a new headlight switch in a 79ish ford high boy for a fella, because he's quite a bit older than me. Easy, right?
It was just high enough to make me feel like a Barnum and Bailey performer. I do not bend that way, but there I go...
I can only imagine another few years. I've gotta make enough hay while the sun's shining that I can write a check when it get's to be too much.

I heard somewhere that getting old ain't for the weak.
Being twenty something at the time, I thought; get bent dude, try being 19 downrange. But as usual, I was full of it.
This ain't no joke.
I've got a couple of years of good back left, so if any of you need a hand, you better catch me soon ;)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Im reading a title of a song here" I AIN'T AS GOOD AS I ONCE WAS" ! The older I get the more times I get to use that saying. Our son is 29 and doesn't understand why I get tired when he and I are working, thats when I quote Toby's song, he just laughs. Then I tell him to wait 30 years and see how funny it is.