What did you see at the Oct 22 Grange race?

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I saw an e-bike battery pack detonate across pit row from my group. I saw several racers go down on the track, including myself. I saw dirt bikers across the fence watching us compete. I saw canopies flying in a gust of wind. I saw every kind of motorbike I could imagine, from the bizarre to the best. I saw what it was like to score a race. But mostly I saw everyone having a great time.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Wow - wish I was there. I am still hobbled, but can motivate myself. Sounds like a blast!

We have prizes to give out and no verified winners. Can someone at least post the winners, so we can triple check verify, then match with the Official winners and get some prizes out and on the way.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I saw a race track that gave little room for error
Well put Mag....I saw the same thing. I also saw everything msrfan saw and loved every minute of it, except the very brief moment of asphalt 2" from my face laff

A great time had by all, thanks to Neil for putting on this fun event.....love that track!

And yes......AWESOME racing culvercityclassic's son Jonathan (and Jeff), we battled hard and he beat me! He was on fire!

dnut

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Wow - wish I was there. I am still hobbled, but can motivate myself. Sounds like a blast!

We have prizes to give out and no verified winners. Can someone at least post the winners, so we can triple check verify, then match with the Official winners and get some prizes out and on the way.
Big thanks to Sick Bike Parts, Manic Mechanic and Affordable Go Karts for some very cool prizes!

Pablo, I have to go make some money today so I will get to the results
as soon as possible. There is no great hurry..........I mean it's not like I
am getting paid to host these races. :D

1st in the 2 stroke race was magrider #1 plate from Willow Springs
but he is back to #8 for the next race because #109 PaulD won the
Ultimate Race on his very fast ebike.

2nd place in the 2 stroke race was Jim Rust #5 from La Habra.

3rd in the 2 stroke race was Rodney #86 from the Piston Bike crew.

4th in the 2 stroke race was bairdco #33

5th in the 2 stroke race was nashmoto #98 on a 4 stroke and 1st in the 4 stroke class

6th in the 2 stroke race was Flying Dutchman #32

7th in the 2 stroke race was Karen Hicks #29 who also raced at Willow Springs.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got to see my 15 year old son win the big bike class with the custom frame thumper bike...a day to remember.
Seeing your son's expressions on the track was priceless! I had a great time mixing it up with him thoughout the main. Ima start calling him the "Iceman" because he raced flawless and was so cool under pressure. I'm so looking forward to the next race. (c;

Samford&Son

Apr 26, 2011
Riverside, Ca
i saw a lot of new faces and a lot of smiling faces....saw a lot of briggs bikes and got to watch my grandfather dominate on the track....great day

thanks again neil...i will be ready for the next race

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Seeing your son's expressions on the track was priceless! I had a great time mixing it up with him thoughout the main. Ima start calling him the "Iceman" because he raced flawless and was so cool under pressure. I'm so looking forward to the next race. (c;
Congrats! you came in 2nd in the combined Mid Range and < 11 hp class.

Getting passed by Chris's very fast Moped that ran away from everyone
but did not count in the scoring.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
top speed at el mirage? its free to use the lake. S.C.T.A. has been using it since the 30's and if you havent been their it's really something to see with all the history. just a thought.. beware alot of motors have died their.

briggsbiker

Nov 18, 2010
Riverside, CA
i saw a lot of new faces and a lot of smiling faces....saw a lot of briggs bikes and got to watch my grandfather dominate on the track....great day

thanks again neil...i will be ready for the next race
Dale sure dominated the track! He fell and still past me up! I have to build a race bike now just for these events instead of using my street cruiser. I still had a ton of fun and I will definately go to the next one. Thanks Neil for setting up the event. I am looking forward to seeing all of the photos!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Dale sure dominated the track! He fell and still past me up! I have to build a race bike now just for these events instead of using my street cruiser. I still had a ton of fun and I will definately go to the next one. Thanks Neil for setting up the event. I am looking forward to seeing all of the photos!
This is a little confusing........who dominated the track? I was lapping Dale on the final lap of the main big-bore race just before my spill and I was in first place by almost a third of a lap and then Jonathan (ccc's son) went past me for the WIN!

Who dominated what? Briggs vision? Huh?

If anyone dominated the track this day, that person would be Paul D, same guy that won the last Death Race......he was smokin' FAST!

dnut

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
This is a little confusing........who dominated the track? I was lapping Dale on the final lap of the main big-bore race just before my spill and I was in first place by almost a third of a lap and then Jonathan (ccc's son) went past me for the WIN!

Who dominated what? Briggs vision? Huh?

If anyone dominated the track this day, that person would be Paul D, same guy that won the last Death Race......he was smokin' FAST!

dnut
Calm down scotto. briggsbiker was just referring to the Briggs powered bikes in our group. We know you guys with the AGK motors were much faster.

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
I saw my race day fall apart, wasn't really ready at sunrise. Saw really responsive and responsible folks jump out with fire extinguishers to dowsh a stubborn lipo battery fire.

I'd see folks needing a repair part and just walk up the pit road calling out what he needed, then someone yelling back, "Got one over here."

Scotto's wife dedicating her day to scoring, God bless her(an' others) and the yellow flag volunteers.

I saw a flexible race organizer, an e-biker arrived late and wanted to run at the back of 2 strokers for practice and was pleasantly surprised with a "Stay out of their way, wait a half of lap, and go ahead" response.

I felt a warm rush of air, smelled sand, caught a falling e-bike while hearing the canopy above me take off.

Chuckled at the deafening silence of an e-bike race start, LOL.

Struggled to call racer numbers louder than the 2strokes.

Felt the throb of big thumper#81.

If the 2 chaps who put out my lipo pack will PM me their address, I'll ship 'em new fire extinguishers. Man, was desperately trying to finish my bike, left 10 minutes later than I told my carpool, arrived 10min late with my fire extinguisher at home: never again.

If I didn't make it by to chat, I was stressed out!! Still, Grange is becoming a fond memory.

Scotto#3 led before making a micro-examination of the tracks surface, EGK jumped into the ultimate race and was a crowd pleaser until the last laps where he DNF'ed, not sure why.

Will aka SoSauty
:-||

Attachments

Last edited:

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
We had our radar gun at the end of the big straight. Sorry if we didn't get your top speed recorded. It was difficult when the bikes were grouped up or when the radar gun would capture the speed of the turn behind the straight. Below is a list of the top speeds we did get. It would be great if someone could add who these people are. We are just listing the bike number and the top speed we recorded for that bike.

1 - 37mph
3 - 40
3 - 29 (on the 49cc 4-stroke)
5 - 31
6 - 43
11 - 26
12 - 36
13 - 28
15 - 47
17 - 30
19 - 42
26 - 36
29 - 34
34 - 37
35 - 23
49 - 38
50 - 29
55 - 27
57 - 38
58 - 32
60 - 20
66 - 22
67 - 32
69 - 41
72 - 31
74 - 50
75 - 34
76 - 40
77 - 39
80 - 37 Blayze-AGK-79cc HF with 2 speed
81 - 43 Bryan-AGK-6.5hp with torque converter
81 - 51 Bryan-AGK-built 6.5hp with jackshaft
84 - 41
86 - 39
91 - 48
95 - 28
96 - 29
98 - 35
100 - 67
105 - 31
109 - 49
111 - 30
113 - 31
116 - 47
ebike with balloon tires went 29mph (couldn't read his number)

Again, so sorry if we didn't get your speed recorded.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
I'm not sure why our fast bike quit running yet. I'm guessing a bent pushrod, but I haven't pulled it apart yet. I'll let you know what it was when I get a chance to open it up. I have some work to do on the other two bikes too.