Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

plycar

Aug 11, 2014
Thuringia, Germany
The previous photos from the German velomobilforum have the same source, but I had to downsize them to under 200kB (max. allowed size for upload)
The scans in my web album are much better now and you can zoom the pics of the brochure.

Kai

Last edited:

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Hello all!
My move to Arkansas has been pretty successful.
We found a great home with a couple of acres to live on at an affordable price near a small town which is what we wanted.
I wasn't sure about the rules here, but I passed a policeman on my motor bicycle the other day and he didn't pay any attention to me.
I know this is the velocar forum, but I thought IWW and silverbear and a few others who frequent this forum would appreciate my new piece of equipment.
My new place has a huge garden and I needed a tiller.
What I found is a 1953 Simplicity Model VA 2 wheeled tractor with a tiller attachment!
It starts on the 2nd pull!
Whats really cool is that my grandpa bought this same one new back in the early 50's and my Dad only recently within the last 10 years sold it. (Something he regrets now)
Anyway, sorry to get off subject.
There have been some great posts since I left!

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Placidscene,
I used to have one of those "walking tractors"... quite the little beast, it was. I can't remember, but was that a Briggs engine, about eight hsp? Rope start? Yes, that transmission with different final gearing would make a great one for a velo/cyclecar. Kind of forgot about that machine. Indestructible or seemed like it to me. Nice find!
SB

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Cool, Those Chinese trucks look just like a larger version of my tractor!
Maybe I will have to find a second one and build a Cycle Car with it.
Brakes may be a problem though, there are non on the tractor. Wait, brakes, what are they for again?
The engine is a Briggs and Straton rated at 5hp. It is a Simplicity Model VA tractor manufactured between 1952 and 1953.