Sat April 13th 2013 is the Next SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Event

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You're right that was too easy.
Who else but Joker Machine makes such sexy hunks of CNCed aluminum.

So who do you think is inflating his tires with exotic gases for that little
extra edge in the Unlimited Class? laff

We will know that it has gotten too serious when the first racer starts
using tire warmers so I'm going to ban them right now. :D

I always run dry nitrogen in my tires.........who doesn't?

Sorry, we have no pics of the finished bikes yet!

But do you know what that is?

If you want to see the real thing in action....:D
That's a pretty big turbo for a little tiny engine

dnut

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Android beta version will be available soon.

Please give us some feedback here on how you like this iPhone app.

Here is the FREE CMS Lap Timer iPhone app link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cms-lap-timer-data-+-video/id386152581?mt=8

Description
The Cantrell Motorsports Lap Timer is the easiest to use GPS-based lap timer, data recorder,
video recorder, and performance analysis app available for iOS devices.

Main Features

• No setup or calibration is required!
• Automatic recording; simply open the app to the Recorder screen and drive!
• HD Video on devices that support it (iPhone 4+, iPod Touch Gen4+, iPad 2+) [In-App Purchase]
• Real-time display of speed, g forces, and lap times
• Immediate analysis of performance data and video at the track [In-App Purchase]
• Lap and segment times
• Horsepower graph
• Automatic track mapping; no need for predefined track info
• High resolution GPS (upto 10Hz) using an external GPS module
• OBD2 data recording (using optional OBD2 modules) [In-App Purchase]
• Designed for auto-crossing, road racing, drag racing, karting, motorcycle racing, bicycle racing and more...
• Data sharing via Bluetooth (device to device at the track!), e-mail, and iTunes File Sharing
• Share and compare lap times using the CMS Cloud Service
• Export CSV for use with other apps such as Trackvision [In-App Purchase]

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Dang, I wish I could make it to this one but I've gotta run a Mazda up here, sounds like lots of people are bringing amazing bikes this time around.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I was able to get one of my fast motors back together... No need to purchase a motor for a grand just to loose to the sponsor.. **** that... I am happy with my ****... And will have a blast racing it...

A note to Neil....Dennis played that message you left him ... That man dropped off a box of stuff to build you a bike just to support you and you talk to him like that.... Wow.... The choice was build you the bike and deal with him or send the parts home and leave it alone.... He took the parts back home.... Your loss.... You were out of line, please make it good with him... You could use a couple friends that's for sure.

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
An early Beta version of the CMS Lap Timer for Android is available here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60383028/CMSLapTimer.apk

Since it is not in an app store, it is necessary to allow installation of apps from an unknown source. This option is in Settings/Security. Please turn it off after you've installed the Lap Timer.

To install, simply open the above link. On some devices the installation will begin automatically once the app is downloaded. On other devices, you need to tap on the "Downloaded" notification to start the installation.

Features currently not implemented:

- Video overlay
- Bluetooth data exchange
- Drag racing support

Given the huge variety of Android devices, it is impossible for me test on all of them, so, issues are to be expected. The app has been tested on:

- Nexus One
- Nexus 4 and 7
- Galaxy SII

Please report issues to [email protected] and please include the Android device you are using.

The app supports Android 2.3.3 and newer. However, some of the older Gingerbread devices do not support Bluetooth OBD2 and have poor video support.

The only OBD2 device that I can recommend is the OBDLink MX from ScanTool; all the cheaper modules pretty much suck, don't buy them!

The GPS built into phones is generally not suitable for high speed use, so it should be used for low speed use or for demonstration of the app features. For high speed use, an external GPS module is necessary. The external GPS modules that I recommend are the 10Hz QStarz Q818T and the 5Hz QStarz Q818.

Enjoy!
Pete

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
CMS Lap Timer
I think this works with the Free iPhone app linked in a previous post and will be working with the Android version soon.

Sample drag racing summary screen shot. For drag racing, the run details screen show a time slip plus acceleration and deceleration tables. When a run is emailed, the time slip and tables are included as attachments and are Excel-friendly.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
4 days to go and the weather is going to be great, 79* on Friday
and 82* on Saturday 13th. 81* on Sunday.

Ryan the dyno man is going to be running an improved dyno with
a one page readout on Saturday. He has a lot of time into his
contraption, just needs a paint job and some fancy decals!

Ryan is only charging $5 for five dyno pulls to get a good reading.
Here is your chance to see how all your mods really work.

mojavemesa

Jan 19, 2012
high desert
Here's a little video of me running my friend's little yamaha on the dyno today
http://youtu.be/JEhamQk1gEM
The dyno will be there this friday afternoon and all day saturday. Bring your jets and needles, different pipes, make sure you can easily change timing, and anything else to tune with.
This time instead of the hp and rpm both being plotted against time I've finally got the hp plotted against rpm without the software glitching. If you'd like to run your own throttle when your bike is on the dyno that's fine just please make sure your shoes are tied! See you all there!

mojavemesa

Jan 19, 2012
high desert
Forgot to mention if your bike is variated you need to make a spacer to replace the weights to keep it locked in 'high gear' or else it wont show a proper rpm to hp graph, only a hp to mph graph would be useful, which this dyno also does. If you have any questions you can call or text me at 760-987-7775. Ryan.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man nice handy tune up tool. Been tuning by the saddle. Which pretty much means tearing up a neighborhood lol. Be fun as all get go to play with that Dyno for about a day. You guy's are having fun!!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I want to thank JN MotorsBikes for sponsoring the race with a bunch of cool prizes.

Because of JN Motors there will be prizes for the first 8 finishers.

They have an add on the right side of this forum.
http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com

A 50cc/66cc Walbro Carb (Stage 1) with adapter

http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/product_p/jnm1256.htm

Two of their JNM CC X-Port
http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/product_p/jnm1152.htm

Two of their JNMDamp-Pro Kits, these really work to quiet your
2 stroke down.

http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/JNMDamp_Pro_Kit_p/jnm1101.htm

Because of JN Motors there will be prizes for the first 8 finishers.

Last edited: