Predyno 99cc......the ultimate daily cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Do you sell this mount? I just got a 99 preator I would like to mount it like this.I have no access to Fab Tools
This is what the mounts are made from. As I have said in earlier posts in this thread, these were made for something other than mounting engines to bicycle frames. But this is what the clamps look like when I get them and I'm sorry but these are the last three that became available to me and will be used on my next race bike build.

Next build will be a 196cc Greyhound in a Dyno frame that's the same as this blue Dyno......

It looks like they're made by a company called Ashtech.......;

Thanks Scotto for stop n by it was nice to see you an family.... The beer was tasty... Trying to find it now...Happy New Year bro....
Thanks Jeff for the hospitality, wish we coulda spent more time with ya! AleSmith "Speedway Stout" should be found local near you. Went to Tito's and it was packed as you said but had some great tacos and such. Happy New Year to you and the family!

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I finally got around to replacing the torn Grubee 48t rear sprocket and also fixed the problem with the somewhat stripped threaded HD hub/w non-freewheel flange. I have been riding the bike to work and around town everyday and all I can say is this bike rips!

It cruises nicely at 40-45mph and has better acceleration than ever! A true joy to ride and it handles like a champ....

.wee.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I finally got around to replacing the head gasket today, the original got a little messed up when I installed the race head late last year. Also did an oil change and checked on how the high performance parts were holding up.

I noticed that since I started running the new 19mm carb on it, it's running a bit on the lean side, time to up the main jet a bit. I love tearing into these engines after giving them a work out to see just how they're holding up

Here's a few pics.....

Race head is the one on the left

Notice how far the piston sticks out of the hole at TDC

Hatch marks and carbon build up

Carbon build up on the piston

I've lost my head again! lol

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I did a few more things to this bike today and I thought I'd post it here instead of "what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?"

I installed some badly needed rear disc brake pads on this caliper I've been using for years that ended up on this build. I also put a new cheap temporary LED headlight on this machine as the last one flew off somehow.....

Here are some pics I took today with my new phone.....

and after sand blasting the sparkplug and putting approximately 20 miles on it, here's how it looks....still a bit lean

The bike is running fantastic!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I noticed that you index the spark plug too.
With that much piston poking up out of the cylinder, what sort of valve clearance do you have with the race head? The squish band clearance looks like it is 0.010!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I noticed that you index the spark plug too.
With that much piston poking up out of the cylinder, what sort of valve clearance do you have with the race head? The squish band clearance looks like it is 0.010!
You're quite observant Dan, not too sure of the valve clearance (they aren't hitting the piston though), did you see the three copper spacers on the spark plug?

I think the plug clearance is real tight and the indexing is about perfect! The engine runs real nice ;) It now does nice little backfiring when letting off the throttle at WOT. Turning 7,200rpm like no ones business....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Honestly it may be less than 0.010" as the stock head gasket is 0.040" and that's all that is separating the top of the piston from the race head. I'm having second thoughts about re-torquing the head and it will be fine as is......no oil leaks and plenty of compression. Everything is tight.

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Amazing bike, love the look/sound/speed/everything. Glad to hear you'll be at Willow this weekend, I'll be looking for this bike so I can see it in person. Kudos on the build, man, even giving me ideas for my own little 2-cycle build I'm planning/dreaming. Looking forward to Willow!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Amazing bike, love the look/sound/speed/everything. Glad to hear you'll be at Willow this weekend, I'll be looking for this bike so I can see it in person. Kudos on the build, man, even giving me ideas for my own little 2-cycle build I'm planning/dreaming. Looking forward to Willow!
Thanks BWM, I look forward to meeting you and having a fun day on the track once again! Should be a great day of racing, spectating and hanging out with everyone that enjoy this kind of madness :D

See you there......

#3 .wee.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Nice bikes! I love them both. Must be the frame. I gotta see about putting one of those tanks on my Dyno I have stashed away, been sitting on it for a couple of years now. About time I do something like this with it...

You folks out there keep showing me what I could do with one!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto Happy 4th. Your ride is looking good. My Dailey ride is a two smoke... Fun times
And a very Happy 4th to you my friend, that Dyno looks awesome!

Nice bikes! I love them both. Must be the frame. I gotta see about putting one of those tanks on my Dyno I have stashed away, been sitting on it for a couple of years now. About time I do something like this with it...
GH, what are you waiting for........build that Dyno?!

Happy 4th of July !