Lurker's V-twin build

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Lurker...Congratulatons on the finished bike...I know about all the hard work that has gone into this replica....its not an easy project..hope you get lots of satisfaction in riding it....Hey....whats the next project......Thanks for the information on the brushes.....DD

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!That turned out nice, real nice Lurker....... Congrats.

I love the pinstriping, but if you want my opinion i think the horizontal truss fork support would look better plain red without the pinstripe IMO. Either way i love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just no words. She is truly beautiful. Could easily see her on display at a formal affair or museum.

Really, really inspiring and breathtaking work.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
How fitting is it that I would finish this tribute to american history on the 4th of July? Pretty cool I think.
Very cool. Proportions, color...no doubt the sound very nice build. Just ignore them if someone assumes it's from some eastern european country because of the phonetic spelling on the tank.

Is that an Ohio plate I see on that car in the background ?

MHF

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks again guys, you are all too kind.
Truckd, I think your right about the brake but Its not quit the vision I had, so I think I will make a number plate sometime in the future.

dd, my next project is to get this bike noticed! I would eventually like to make bikes to sell kind of like SportscarPat but on a smaller scale. They won't be like this one more along the lines of a 1909 Merkel Model U. This bike was kind of a demo bike to get people to take interest. I have a hand full of motorcycle shows lined up for the remainder of the summer.

Harry, I had the same thought about the gold on the fokr as well. When I get some spare time I will see what I can do about that.

MHF, There are lots of Ohio plates in Pittsburgh because of all the colleges. In fact I have close family that lives in Akron and visit them frequently. Hence the paint from Summit Racing, it was just too convenient.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Well, I was probably upstairs in the phone center taking calls when you were in the retail store. Our big outdoor show already happened this year, but if you make it for next year's "Super Summit" show, you can show it for free and I have no doubt Vekst will draw a lot of attention. There's more motorcycles at the show every year and the bucks up racers would be drooling over it for use as a pit bike.

MHF

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
It's hard to tell from the photo, but did you end up joining your top triple trees/triple clamps to the top of your fork tube? If not does that worry you??

How far is your maiden voyage away? Must be very exciting. I love this bike!!!!!

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
I did end up making a brace for that some time ago. I must have forgot to post a photo of it. I would be slightly reluctant to ride without it. I borrowed the digital slr from work for the weekend and I plan to get some really good shots of the bike. I'm sure you will be able to see it better once I get some nicer photos.

I have been riding it almost every day since I finished it. Jut around the block and in the parking lot next to my house, nothing too serious. I need to do all the legal stuff and I am still waiting on my title.

The only issues I have had so far is, My rear hub was not adjusted properly, the throttle is a bit sticky, and the cvt needs some adjustments made. Other than that it is quite a feeling to ride something made completely by you. Its an overwhelming sense of pride every time that engine roars to life and I twist the throttle.

It is very stable at speed and rides surprisingly well for being completely rigid. However I am pretty young so that may change in 10yrs or so. My favorite part of the bike thus far is the seat. It keeps you in place so well with the high back, and you need it to with as much torque as this bike has. Ground clearance is at a absolute minimum any more and I would be dragging frame. I fear speed bumps, potholes, driveways and anything bigger that a few inches.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hey guys here is a wallpaper I just finished this morning, I did a photo shoot yesterday 100degree heat and this is the first image I have made with the photos I took. There will be more stuff to come, but for now download it and enjoy

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Lurker you have excelled yourself...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Nice work, i absolutely love it!!!!! And best of all will be the sounds of this engine, i cant wait to hear this beast when sorted. This ones a winner.

Just wondering where "VEKST" comes from? Is it a play on your name or something?

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Super skills combined with great artistic eye. The bike is VERY nicely balanced and everything looks like it was designed from "the factory". This is quite difficult to achieve.

Love it!! Congratulations!!

(and now I have to read all 54 pages!!!)

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Thanks again guys. Harry check out pg52 about half way down I explain the basic idea about what it means.

Here is a video my girlfriend and I made this afternoon. Sorry about the crappy quality she is not too good with the camera, not to mention the camera is not that good either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFhif9ORWE
Such an awesome bike. Love the vintage look and the awesome sound. Especially amazing for a guy your age. Nice work!