Lurker's V-twin build

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Lurker ... Thanks....Wont take long to get it sorted out... have you finished the paintwork ....must be very close to being finished....

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Paint is still far from done. I am doing a lot of body filler work at the moment. I really don't like the look of welds on motorcycles regardless of how good they are. So I am making everything as smooth and streamlined as possible. I am very in to art deco and this bike is heavily influenced by it. Once it is finished I will take some photos of the deco details I have incorporated in to the frame design.

I was however able to finish the pin striping on the tool box today after work.
The three bars are repeated in various place in the bike signifying the that this is the third bike I have built.

Attachments

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Lurker....Looks a treat...a clever niche with the pin striping revealing build # ..I love anything art deco...I know people who collect it and the whole house is decorated 1920 -30s fittings .furniture..ect....
.Dont grind the welds down to far as the joins could fail from vibration...I will be brazing most of my frame joins....

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
As most of you all know I am now in the process of painting my bike, however progress is going really slow. This weekend I was able to paint the fork and few other bits and pieces. Here are photos of my progress, tonight I hope to do the pin striping on the fork.

Attachments

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
I just found this tread, very nice build. Someone brought up the 1920 HD Sport model tires, that's my bike and it has 26 X 3 motorcycle tires. I'm pretty sure they measure bicycle wheels different. I have used Worksman wheels with diamond tread bicycle tires on a couple of my builds, they seem to work fine.

I was also concerned with your rake when I saw your completed frame, it looks shallow but I think it will be fine for slow speed running. Speaking of which, if it's just a single speed it going to be hard to get much speed unless you gear it real high but then you may have to push it off to get going. Those board trackers used to idle along at about 25 mph.

You must be working your but off on the bike to get almost complete in less than a year. It took me about two years on my last build the clone of a 1910 Pearce, check it out when you get time...
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=25753

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks guys, The color is Summit Racing's single stage "Merlot" but it is more of a blood red in person.

I did the pin striping last night but I don't know if i like it. I will post some photos later tonight to see what you guys think.

Louie, your Pearce is a beautiful bike, I'm sure it get lots of attention everywhere you go. Your concerns for my bike have already been addressed about 20 pages ago. I have done a few test rides and everything feels great.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Lots of progress. As of right now I'm waiting for parts to arrive and if all goes well I will have it all assembled within a few weeks.

right side of bike

left side of bike

seat and taillight

countershaft

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yes I will be adding pin striping in various areas of the frame. I just finished painting it on Saturday so I'm waiting for the paint to cure 100%. It's been very humid here lately and it is taking a while.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Lurker....looking very smart...the gold pin strip really sets it of...did you use a two pack paint..looks nice and glossy....where did you get the plain rudder pedals....DD

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks guys, the paint is a single stage urethane enamel from Summit Racing. The bike will never be left out in the elements so I figured single stage is good enough. The block pedals came from the basement of a local bike shop.

I found them in a pile of old junk and picked them up for next to nothing. There were no bearing in then when I found them but I fixed that at the bike shop for free.

If you look on ebay you can find them just search for "block pedals" or "torrington pedals" or "rubber pedals"

cf, glad to see you lurking around the forum still. I feel like its been forever since I have seen a post from you.