Lurker's V-twin build

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
We need some more pictures of this beauty.

I'm glad you got a good response at one of the shows. You totally deserve all credit coming your way.

So you are moving. How big is your new workshop?..... Sorry I meant kitchen. Just kidding. Have you got space to do work while not rubbing shoulders with your girlfriend while she is cooking? :)

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I always got better responses at non-Harley exclusive shows myself. Now you know remarkable it was for me to win a 2nd place in class at an Easy Rider show, lol. 99.9% Harley Davidson. I think you will accumulate a wall full of trophies myself. Beautiful bike.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes most Harley owners just think they are the BOMB! I know a lot of bikers and when I talk about my Dads 2003 Indian Roadmaster they choke up and move right along to another conversation, those guys didn't even have a clue as to where motorcycles came from or what a board tracker was. Pitiful!!

59poncho

May 2, 2012
mexico
i had my mb parked with a bunch of motorcycles down here in mexico, some harleys, and some newer cruiser bikes, and my buds 53 bsa and my bike had the most people around them taking pictures of our bikes and themselves sitting on them. Most people thought mine was some kind of vintage bike as well, not a wal-mart type bike with a chinese motor on it!! LOL

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Lurker...Great that you have had an excellent response from the local show.....never mind the Harley diehards..your creation is a far better talking piece at any time....as "truckd" has said.... most people dont have a clue about BTR's..DD

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Wow you killed it! As far as these kinda builds go, looks super legit, pass for period, but also functional, useable. That is probably the boardiest looking thing ive seen on here. gj

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
So you are moving. How big is your new workshop?..... Sorry I meant kitchen. Just kidding. Have you got space to do work while not rubbing shoulders with your girlfriend while she is cooking? :)
Hahaha I love it Harry, actually My new place has a workshop. The shop is a room next to the house that steel workers would use to change their clothes in before entering the house. However it is almost as big as my current kitchen and living room combined. The only down side it that it has terrible lighting but I can fix that.

As far as the feedback from the Harley fellows I don't take anything they say too seriously. We are as different as day and night as far as I'm concerned. I tend to think a true bike enthusiast builds or at least maintains their bike themselves.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Mexico Harry, Mexico Ha! Ha! Read CAREFULLY!! " I hate those Wal-Mart bikes with Chinee engines" I don't own one bike from Wal-Mart.yha I got some chinee engines but there ain't to much China left in em when I'm done with em
My bikes... 1970 Schwinn Varsity, 1961 Schwinn beach cruiser, 1971 KMC 3 SPD,
2011 #3 Sportsman Flyer deluxe, 2011 #1 Taylar motorbikes 1911 Indian tribute, 2011 #1 Custom Micargi OMC Huntington stretched cruiser,
2011 #1 Montanye 1913 Flying Merkel , 1916 Rollfast,

Last edited:

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thats quite a stable trucked. Don't feel cross about it if I'm not mistaken even my Briggs is made in Japan. I was quite surprised to see that.

One of the reason I chose the Briggs is because I thought it was American made. I'm no patriot but I thought it would be cool to try and stay true to the roots of the sport.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'm going to go with the Honda GC160cc QHA-1 on the next build, maybe my 1913 Flying merkel ? or my 1916 Rollfast which we (Dan & I ) will use only the rear triangle from to make a 1910 Reading Standard tribute don't really know yet, but the engine in the Indian has parts from Germany,Italy,Japan,USA,Hungry & Mexico so it's kind of an International engine so to speek, these 2-strokes require to much attention,I mean I'm taking a 3hp engine and turning in to 4.5hp to 5hp + Hopefully with all the mods so why not just go big and go 4-stroke all I'll really have to do to that is remove the Governor, get a carb and tuned exhaust

Jul 23, 2012
East Palestine, Ohio, USA
Lurker, I am a newbie here. Never built a bike before but I am preparing to do so. I have built hot rods with good success. Interesting that we are maybe and hour or so apart. You in Pittsburgh and myself in East Palestine Ohio. First I must say Awesome build! I love it! Second I need a sediment bowl like that for mine. Where did you get it? Lastly I jumped to the end and need to ask how fast is it? Have you got her all wired up?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
As far as the feedback from the Harley fellows I don't take anything they say too seriously. We are as different as day and night as far as I'm concerned. I tend to think a true bike enthusiast builds or at least maintains their bike themselves.[/QUOTE]

In the case of a Harley Owner they would be maintaining their bike a little more than other makes. :p

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
As far as the feedback from the Harley fellows I don't take anything they say too seriously. We are as different as day and night as far as I'm concerned. I tend to think a true bike enthusiast builds or at least maintains their bike themselves.
In the case of a Harley Owner they would be maintaining their bike a little more than other makes. :p[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised. Alot of them don't even know how to check the air pressure in their tires.
If anything needs tightening or tuning, they take it to a shop or dealership.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
It's too bad because Lurkers V-bike is worthy of a magazine article in a major publication. Flawless, well thought out, and most importantly (at least to me) it NEVER EXISTED BEFORE HE MADE IT! It blows my mind when I see un-enthusiastic responses from Joe Public for a hand built machine that was created from nothing. Bottom line, any schmuck can plunk down $35k for a great looking motorcycle. There is so much more to life than just buying and using things. I don't care how much money anyone has. The fellow that can envision something in his head and build it is truly the rich man.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very well said cobra.

It's too bad because Lurkers V-bike is worthy of a magazine article in a major publication. Flawless, well thought out, and most importantly (at least to me) it NEVER EXISTED BEFORE HE MADE IT! It blows my mind when I see un-enthusiastic responses from Joe Public for a hand built machine that was created from nothing. Bottom line, any schmuck can plunk down $35k for a great looking motorcycle. There is so much more to life than just buying and using things. I don't care how much money anyone has. The fellow that can envision something in his head and build it is truly the rich man.
.flg.