Fun high speed corners

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
The problem with these guys is that how they are riding all the cops will be out to shut us down.

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
Good point. Lets all ride like idiots so that anybody who has a motorbicycle will get pulled over and maybe if he had any brains he would wear a helmet. I wonder how much of a badass he would look like with machines doing his breathing for him.

I wonder if they would post a u-tube of some idiot playing Russian roulette?

Now I know for a fact that Darwin was wrong, this prime example of humanity is old enough to reproduce.maybe Devo was right.

mike

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ya kno, I've watched & re watched that vid a coupla times now b'cause of the comments in this thread...

...and for the life of me I can't figure out what ya'll are on about.

The very first turn you see him take he's even using hand signals - he doesn't always, but there's not always another vehicle. Whenever you can see him, his head's on a swivel - checking out every intersection for obstructions, pedestrians & cars. Despite appearances (cam angle), it's obvious by the sound of his engine (low RPM) that they're doing the same or less speed as the rest of the automotive traffic - which given it's downtown has got to be around 25mph or so. Time 1:24 on provides good examples of this as there's a truck to judge speed (& RPM) with.

Yes, he could be wearing a helmet (his buddy is BTW) but srsly? What I see is a guy havin' a great time on a sunny day, grinning frm ear to ear.

As you're not even giving examples it's not constructive criticism, this is just insulting - which BTW is a rule violation, so you may wish to reconsider how you present your opinions.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Seems like a fun ride on a stock China Girl to me. I ride like that sometimes but I do go out of the city in the boonies to do it where there is less traffic and pedestrians. I dont see anything wrong with this video.

Last edited:

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Seems like a fun ride on a stock China Girl to me. I ride like that sometimes but I do go out of the city in the boonies to do it where there is less traffic and pedestrians. I dont see anything wrong with this video.
Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if that is a personal opinion or one that represents this site also? I don't know if the OP is a sponsor here but you didn't have to comment unless you thought the other replies might be out of line.

To be fair, I see this posted on the buy/sell page so I would assume it's advertising. It's not posted in general discussion for example.

Personally I question the OPs advertising strategy though and what he thinks it's accomplishing and how it will effect his business if he's thinking long term at all and it also makes me wonder what the official position of this site is in it's long term goals for MBs.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ya kno, I've watched & re watched that vid a coupla times now b'cause of the comments in this thread...

...and for the life of me I can't figure out what ya'll are on about.

The very first turn you see him take he's even using hand signals - he doesn't always, but there's not always another vehicle. Whenever you can see him, his head's on a swivel - checking out every intersection for obstructions, pedestrians & cars. Despite appearances (cam angle), it's obvious by the sound of his engine (low RPM) that they're doing the same or less speed as the rest of the automotive traffic - which given it's downtown has got to be around 25mph or so. Time 1:24 on provides good examples of this as there's a truck to judge speed (& RPM) with.

Yes, he could be wearing a helmet (his buddy is BTW) but srsly? What I see is a guy havin' a great time on a sunny day, grinning frm ear to ear.

As you're not even giving examples it's not constructive criticism, this is just insulting - which BTW is a rule violation, so you may wish to reconsider how you present your opinions.

Screaming dork comes to mind..setting a very poor example advertising and riding illegally at the same time. At least wear a helmet Mr. 2 Cool velo dork?
I think the just above quote is hilarious, not insulting and gives an example of constructive criticism as it IS Illegal to ride a motorized bike without a DOT approved helmet in this state of California and dude looks like a ....guy having lots of fun lol.

I think people commenting don't like the no helmet thing but who really cares? It's not your head peeps......lighten up!

dnut

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
Granted it's not my head, I am sure that he is fully insured and the state won't pay for his hospital stay. But when other people see bikers "rat racing" around town it make me look bad. Not only that but this guy is doing so to advertise his company.

There is a thing that goes with freedom its called responsibility. The other option is to outlaw these types of bikes "for our own good".

mike

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Granted it's not my head, I am sure that he is fully insured and the state won't pay for his hospital stay. But when other people see bikers "rat racing" around town it make me look bad. Not only that but this guy is doing so to advertise his company.

There is a thing that goes with freedom its called responsibility. The other option is to outlaw these types of bikes "for our own good".

mike
Word......but WORD! $5 head = $5 helmet! Get it?

dnut

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
i really dont see any illegal riding. Looks fun and it is a good way to advertise a good performing bike. I do agree about the helmet but other then that all laws were followed and there is no law that states you must slow down before turning. I don't slow down in my car if I dont have to to keep momentum as long as it is safe to make the turn.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
What I dont like is that the fact that he is riding on a bike trail weaving in and out of traffic riding on a sidewalk and no helmet at all. Yeah It would be nice to do all of that but if your selling these thing dont make it look like you can do this. If this was a parking lot or private property not in the middle of traffic like that. Yeah assimilating to the vehicle code sux but we must do it so we can ride. I never saw hand signals or anything in the video. I know hes having fun. I wanna do that too but not at the risk of causing a traffic collision or getting my bike impounded. Ride safe!!!

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Guys, I recommend wearing a helmet. But if you don't, it's none of my business.
Same goes for you all- it's my choice. I know I risk a ticket and/or injury.

For thouse of you who said "I'm a brainless moron" or whatever, I have two successful business at age 26, so I'm here to let you know my brain works fairly well. I also do visual effects, which requires knowledge of some of the most difficult computer programs available anywhere. Additionally I'm a skilled motorcyclist. Don't beleive me? See for yourself. OZANMEDIA- Santa Barbara, CA

Thanks to those of you who got it right, I'm just a guy having a blast on motorbikes with my friend, showing how well our engines work.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Guys, . Additionally I'm a skilled motorcyclist. Don't beleive me? See for yourself. OZANMEDIA- Santa Barbara, CA

Thanks to those of you who got it right, I'm just a guy having a blast on motorbikes with my friend, showing how well our engines work.
Would have loved to have you race at Willow Springs this last Saturday.
The track is the place to let it all hang out....
Maybe next time?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ever watch west coast or orange county choppers? did they do stouped things? sure they did lots of times. and the lines to buy that stuff [one mans trash is another mans gold] were out the door! as the sighn says pro rider closed course do try this at home! done! oh ya! helmets suck till ya need one. and them guys on the big track at willow have bigger b*ll's that would fit in any helmet i'd say! dennis

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
Kind of reminds me of a guy that was on a chopper build off show. His name was Indian Larry and what he did for fun was to get on his bike and stand on the seat and handle bars wile he was going. He also did it without a helmet and he really looked cool up until he ate it and died. But I guess that can't happen to people who think that the laws of physics don't apply to them.

Now Larry was only going about 10 miles an hour, considerably less than the video I was watching. But what do I know I'm just an old man with a cracked rib, and a scratched helmet with no concussion or even a headache.

I now own three worthless helmets. I don't think that's not a really bad record for riding my bike every day for over 25 years.

mike

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Well he couldn't wear a helmet he had a cool hat, which by the way makes me wonder about his super performance claims, as even my stock HT blows of a hat at full throttle...

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Would have loved to have you race at Willow Springs this last Saturday.
The track is the place to let it all hang out....
Maybe next time?
Best suggestion on the thread and props for organizing an event that brings the credibility of a sanctioned event.

What the rider in vid does with his own head is his business. He could ride at Willow Springs without a helmet for all I care. (except the promoters wouldn't let him)

What the rider does with his business if he has one is his decision, and while I don't view it as favorable I guess he does, though it wouldn't interest me to buy something, probably just the opposite.

What the rider and his bud do on public streets could be my business though, I might live in one of the houses in that neighborhood and be annoyed at the what my own neighbor calls "buzz bikes" and the noise. I might be pulling out my driveway, step off the curb walking my dog, or a half dozen other daily things and I doubt he could stop in time.

I also think it does our hobby no lasting good to fit the stereotype that every detractor out there wants to conjure up when they mention "buzz bikes".

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
What the rider does with his business if he has one is his decision.

What the rider and his bud do on public streets could be my business though, I might live in one of the houses in that neighborhood and be annoyed at the what my own neighbor calls "buzz bikes" and the noise. I might be pulling out my driveway, step off the curb walking my dog, or a half dozen other daily things and I doubt he could stop in time.

I also think it does our hobby no lasting good to fit the stereotype that every detractor out there wants to conjure up when they mention "buzz bikes".
So by your (failed) logic, NOBODY should be riding motorized bikes because they annoy people?? I'm sure your engines (and the engines of every non-electric powered member here) annoy people just as much.

You seem to doubt that a have a business? The link is in my sig. I have two.

Lots of misplaced hate here pal, you really need to think about how you talk to others.