For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I remember all of the above. Plus Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. When my grandparents were babysitting me and my brothers, they'd put us in the living room with Rex and Leitze (a husband-and-wife pair of German Shepherds from the old country) and put Wild Kingdom on the TV. Then they knew we'd stay in one place for at least an hour.
And the space program; from watching Neil Armstrong put the first footprints on the moon to the Apollo missions to the Space Shuttle. I had a plastic toy lunar rover from a Cheerios box, and I had a Revel Shuttle Columbia model kit when I was a bit older. Man, I truly miss the space years, regular moon missions followed by regular shuttle missions. It was all so cool back then.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I once used a hammer that maybe cost about a hundred dollars. Not four hundred, as this was one made of some metal alloy that was not magnetic. At the time working around MRI magnets and you could have a nasty accident with a steel material made hammer.

Steel toe boots were a little awkward when near the magnet but it did not sweep me off my feet.

MT

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I still listen to KOMA ---- it's just that their oldies aren't so old anymore......hmmm, on second thought, maybe they are....... :D
I saw on TV American Graffiti a week ago, and yea Wolf Man Jack behind the console with a broken freezer full of ice pops.

Classic!

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
If you think zippin' past spandexters on a MB is fun.
Shooting by 'em at age 65 under pedal power alone,
priceless.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If you think zippin' past spandexters on a MB is fun.
Shooting by 'em at age 65 under pedal power alone,
priceless.
Even more so on a mountain bike with knobbies! That was one of my favorite things to do in my mtn. biking race days.....blowing past road fags on the road, especially up a hill in a really tall gear.....sitting down!!! They were crushed.

Yes, thems were the days..... laff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My bad. Got them mixed up. Just remember my grandfather talked of him years before he died. Been long enough to mix up the names.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
My bad. Got them mixed up. Just remember my grandfather talked of him years before he died. Been long enough to mix up the names.

No bad.......

It's a shame that I can remember trivial drival such as this, but can't remember what I wore yesterday.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
After reading some of the threads on this forum and other forums that I frequent, I'm certainly glad that I've learned to read with 'phonics'.........

When I went to school, the English teachers would whack your knuckles with a ruler if you turned in this kind of stuff!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"Beer. An excellent health improvement drink that exercises the kidneys and liver. Drink it for better health!"

An ad from the 1900's.....................or at least it should of been........ :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wine. I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said, "Wine. It's God's way of seeing us happy."
You don't need to be a religious person to agree with that.
Just don't mix it with beer.

Tom