Dyno Mid-Drive Shifter Build

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Heheh, cool parts.
~$1.25 around the corner at the auto parts store in whatever size I need.
What do yours cost?
If I can offer some advice go one more step with that ''muffler clamp'' Take easy to bend flat strap steel from the Hardware store.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bo...l-Flat-Bar-with-3-16-in-Thick-44340/202183522

10 dollars will make a bunch of them! Incorporate that into your muffler clamps with EPDM rubber membrane ''thin stuff''. Get a super tight clamp hugging over much more surface area and never gauge or crease a bike frame tube again.

Blow Torch set would do the trick. Or Map gas and a ark welder. Make them in about thirty minutes time. Unless there were weird tubing sizes red kneck bench grinder and some prized curse words lol.

Dang nice looking Dyno! Have not followed these shifters for awhile. I remember my first kit with the two smoke. Was a pita trying to adjust the chain to the pedall crank sprocket.

Kinda needed to dance with half links and replace the chain as the kit muffler clamps made creases in the seat stay that made it to just one position.

Imagine they came up with somthing sharp for that now? Dang How many Dyno's you have? I am jealous

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Sweet

I don't have the machines to mill aluminum, heck I only have the basic tools for steel work, but you sure do nice work with aluminum.

Reactions: chainmaker

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got the bike on the road yesterday, it is solid and fast, left it in forth for the first ride. Bike sits tall which I like for when I plan to pedal. The battery kicks ass too... 58 volts makes a big difference, higher the voltage... Lower the amps= less heat...

A few little details made for this bike...

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
KC it's the SBP 48 volt kit, the controller is rated at 60 volts. Yesterday did a little speed run in fifth gear, 33 mph. Road the bike to work today, 6 min 1.5 miles... Second gear used only.

Don't we all wish we had that commute to work.
Indeed! In order for me to make it to work (3.5mi.) in 6 minutes, I'd have to ride WOT on the 212cc and be riding like a madman :D

Nice commuter!

Reactions: chainmaker

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC it's the SBP 48 volt kit, the controller is rated at 60 volts. Yesterday did a little speed run in fifth gear, 33 mph. Road the bike to work today, 6 min 1.5 miles... Second gear used only.

Don't we all wish we had that commute to work.
Ya, a good flexible system.
Nice job.

As for my commute to work it's brutal...
I have to walk a good 5 yards, indoors, each way!

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
My "commute" is fifty miles, but I don't make it every day. The last bike, Tanglebones, did it in a record time of an hour and a half. I'm hoping Murder can inherit the crown in grace, as Tanglebones made that trip many, many times. Everything about this bike is better, so I can only hope it is at least the sum of it's parts. Still can't bring myself to go electric, probably because I live off the grid, and therefore can't feasibly support an e bike. I wish I could be putting my limited knowledge of Tesla's inventions to use! The brushless motor has so much potential!

What kind of range do you get out of your pack? And how many cycles can you expect before replacement? My first abused ChinaGirl screamed along for nearly 4,000 miles and pushed 200mpg at 30mph, if an E bike can rival that, I'm sold. Call it 3000 miles at 20mph with a 60mile "WOT" charge range. And a replacement battery can't cost more than $150USD, shipped, for those parameters.

Yea my demands are strict, that's why I'm riding a two smoke. But any e bike that can do it, I'll buy. Oh yah, the poor thing has to pull 360lbs at those speeds for those distances too, and be able to handle a 6% grade and 50 mph head winds, ALL AT THE SAME TIME! That's alot to ask from an e bike, but still if I knew of one, I'd be an owner.