• other color Paint

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • other stain

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Apparently you've never driven a 15,000 lb hard surface forklift on soft grassy ground.

Tom
thats what my cockshutt 40 tractor is for,to yank it back to the hard surface.
it hasnt been outdoors in a couple years.
it will go on my driveway if it hasnt rained in a month.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is really cool TJ. Shoulda figured there was a standard solution.

debating on going back out. have another hr of sun light and stopped raining.

About 5 minutes ago Mrs. asked what clouds circling meant. She was sitting here in the garage with me. I said nothing good and could be real bad, why? She pointed at the sky out the door. Sure enough, the beginnings of some real bad. Tornados are almost unheard of in CT but scared the dawgsnit outa me. Had been real hot and muggy then a sudden bit of cool. If we were further south, woulda been getting every one in the cellar.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man TJ, I wanna go to your place and play with some of your tools, lol.

You sure picked the right nic.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Dan

If you pay for the fuel to haul it over and run it I will bring it over with a set of forks on it. Not sure what the wife will say after she sees the lawn when done tho. Soft ground does not affect it. Also works great for getting trucks unstuck from mud.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, I would need a ride to where ever I was gonna live next.

Have a Buddy with a warehouse forklift. I had thought about it.

The real concern I have is setting it right and securing it. One legged man at the dance sort of deal. There is always a way.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

I believe the last thing he said to me was, "Don't worry. The ground is plenty hard enough for the fork lift. I do it on here all the time."

He ran around in a circle like he had one foot nailed to the ground and a pitbull chasing him after it went 10' and sank like the Titannic. I wisely, I feel, held my thoughts to myself.

He was the smartest man he knew but personally I think he should have gotten out amongst the public and met more people.

Steve.

Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
well,one of my friends calls me the man with many sheds,lol.
i saved a 10x 16 1/2 log sided shed from demolition,i backed my carhauler inside it ,jacked it up and blocked it and drove home.took about 1 hour round trip.
going to put it on a floor.
yes,i do like tools,and stuff made with tools.
progress looking good,dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL TJ. We gotta do a parody song. Instead of "Man of constant sorrows", do "Man of many work sheds" (OK, needs work)

As where the the doors are on the sides where the ground is slopping downward. Done deliberately so as to face away from street, house and humans of all manner. Carol and I were talking about a porch. She then said she wanted one like on the TV show "Scrubs"

That went to make it a "Boat dock" style and taking this old boat I have and tying to the dock. Might make it a hot tub or kinda picnic thing. So will be a giant bird house on one side. A boat house on the front. (LOL, I will never get that part done) A shed from the back, visible from the rear.

Told her about my heating/cooling plans. After long winded explanation, her eyes went wide as in that could work. Was really cool. She is a great and very supportive partner but I some times go off on crazy ideas, (hard to believe, I know) and she kinda nods at me with a kind yet dismissive expression. lol

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
awesome day! Had 3 paying jobs, got the floor done and is as perfect as I can get it.

7AM, coffee in the garage listening to NPR. call comes in, then a couple more. still got a hr or 2 in between jobs and the weather was beautiful. 80's with a slight breeze and just enough clouds to make it pretty

If I could describe a perfect day, this would be it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, this morning I said some thing about hoisting the walls up and into place. Mrs. replied "How are we gonna get the joists up?"

Cracked me up. A month ago, I prolly couldn't point to a joist if a gun was held to my head and now Carol is talking we have been doing construction for 30 yrs. In US, Yankee accent; "Ayup, can't frame with that hammer. Need a 20 ozer or ya can't get there from 'ere" Just cracked me up. She really is a great partner.

Just ordered this http://www.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-68751.html $180 with tax & shipping. Shipping was 7 bucks. Store is an hr's drive round trip.

"The solar panel kit comes with three 15 watt solar panels - simply connect the solar panels to your own 12 volt DC storage battery, ........"

Kinda cool. Comes with 2 lights, cig lighter receptacle.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
LOL, this morning I said some thing about hoisting the walls up and into place. Mrs. replied "How are we gonna get the joists up?"

Cracked me up. A month ago, I prolly couldn't point to a joist if a gun was held to my head and now Carol is talking we have been doing construction for 30 yrs. In US, Yankee accent; "Ayup, can't frame with that hammer. Need a 20 ozer or ya can't get there from 'ere" Just cracked me up. She really is a great partner.

Just ordered this http://www.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-68751.html $180 with tax & shipping. Shipping was 7 bucks. Store is an hr's drive round trip.

"The solar panel kit comes with three 15 watt solar panels - simply connect the solar panels to your own 12 volt DC storage battery, ........"

Kinda cool. Comes with 2 lights, cig lighter receptacle.
I have an inverter hooked to my battery so I even have 110. 750 watt..

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Ilikea (and thanks!)

Am on my way to buy a battery for it. Thinking as big as I can get, deep cycle? What do you think? Gotta buy one for the dang mower too. It took 3 junk mowers to build this one and it looks like it, lol. Putting a hood ornament and umbrella on it, hopefully today. Yep, said that last yr. Live in a very,,, lets say reserved area. When I work on the yard, people ask me how much I charge. So gonna ride my junky lookin' rider mower with a Mercedes-Benz hood ornament, Hunter S. Thompson sunglasses, beach umbrella/shade devise while sipping some exotic looking drink with it's own lil umbrella with, what ever I am, pride. snork

What were we talking about? LOL

Dan "never on topic" Keav

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Framing the walls today. All crown out(.?) Kinda exciting. Really starting to look like some thing. Must sound kinda silly to the pros and well practiced but is the biggest and most complicated thing I have built.

Question, the studs fall in between the floor joists according to the plans. Is that right? I was under the impression that each wall stud rested directly on top of a floor joist.

Last edited: