53mph Raptor Build

GoldenMotor.com

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
I wanted to increase the ride height a bit, so I went back to the FastAce shock. I had to use a spring compressor to fit the 400lbsx3.0 Rockshox onto the Fastace. The in second pic you can see the shorter stock FastAce 550lbs spring in the middle.

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
I cleaned up the wiring a bit on my bike. Shortened the phase wires and did some serious crimping on those connectors. The thin insulation on the Cromotor phase wires had slits in them. I'm guessing from heat over time. I just sleeved them with some new heat shrink and tidied everything back up. I messed with the setting in the Sabvoton and CA. I still have that issue with the status screen jumping, but the bike runs smoother now. Temperature was better today and got to 61mph on 18s lipo.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I notice you have brake lever cutouts. Are they hooked up, and if so what's your feeling about them? .ride7a

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
I notice you have brake lever cutouts. Are they hooked up, and if so what's your feeling about them? .ride7a
They are hooked up and there are a good safety measure for when the throttle fails. Mine are hooked up through the CA and hitting the brakes deactivates the cruise control. Regen is done via a separate button.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
They are hooked up and there are a good safety measure for when the throttle fails. Mine are hooked up through the CA and hitting the brakes deactivates the cruise control. Regen is done via a separate button.
That's what I was thinking too. The cutoff switches are very unobtrusive anyway. My Storm eBike has them.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
They're actually required by law for complete electric bikes that are sold in the US, they're a good safety feature. I use an old school 100a controller without brake switch provision on my electric motard, and accidentally did a 360 wheelie and a brake switch would have helped to bring it down faster even though the motor was all zinged up. It worked out ok and I laid it down softly after the near backflip of the bike, but I noticed that I was fighting the motor with the rear brake. I bet you need to be careful cracking open the throttle on your Raptor, it's quite a workout keeping a high powered electric planted when accelerating!

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
They're actually required by law for complete electric bikes that are sold in the US, they're a good safety feature. I use an old school 100a controller without brake switch provision on my electric motard, and accidentally did a 360 wheelie and a brake switch would have helped to bring it down faster even though the motor was all zinged up. It worked out ok and I laid it down softly after the near backflip of the bike, but I noticed that I was fighting the motor with the rear brake. I bet you need to be careful cracking open the throttle on your Raptor, it's quite a workout keeping a high powered electric planted when accelerating!
My bike doesn't do wheelies at all. Wheelbase is long, bike is quite heavy and I figured out how to smooth out the throttle. Took me a while to get the right combinations of throttle settings in the controller and Cycle analyst. It pulls hard, but very smooth. I also have a amp limiter switch enabled that gives you only 50 percent of the max torque. So riding my bike is very easy.

But I have some bad news peeps. I broke the axle on the motor yesterday. I'm thinking the crazy strong regen brakes caused the failure. Good thing the failure happened during low speed while giving my kids rides in the back yard after work.

I'm going to have to source a new axle or get somebody to make me a new one.

johnnywheels

Nov 19, 2015
Nevada
No shot I'm doing any sort of wheelie on mine (partially because of my sense of balance haha!) Sounds like you're having quite a good time, happy riding!