Womens Issues

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks MSRFAN, ill try some mower places and see if i have luck. The Go Kart place can only get one with a pilot hole so i ordered one just in case i cant find one. And i tried ringing minibike suppliers a while ago and they were all closed down or not answering their phones (GFC?) .........So i also just bought one off EBay from the U.S just in case, as it was cheap enough but dunno how long that will take to get to me?

The one i ordered online is a #41. Is that ok to run with my rear sprocket? And i need to buy #41 chain?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
No worries.... if youre ever down this way.... ill even "throw a shrimp on the barbie" just for you lol. Just gotta watch out for drop bears, they are dangerous.

Just got a package in the mail (love that feeling)...

Amal throttle assembly... im not a fan of the standard plastic one.

Im happy with the quality, very solid, but they are massive, i think i will chop an inch off the barrell and grips

A comparison with a dual pull lever that i bought but didnt use (damn ugly imo)

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Im just having a break for lunch and am half way through welding up the tank and i have welded and ground down the exhaust and intake manifold made from old handlebars.

Now its up to Kelly whether she wants them silver or black (she wants them motor silver). I think black would look better. Silver can look cheap sometimes, well it does when i seem to do it lol.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
There have been besides model airplane glow plug engines, some motor cycles that I have seen where the crankcase is silver or nickel colored and the cylinder and head are black. Also just cylinder black the rest silver, it had a look to itself contrasting. Maybe a thought, but whatever makes her happy you probably ought to do.

I may not be the one to ask as I used and old grill that I cut in half, it is going to be my chain/clutch cover. If I find what I did with the 60's JC Penny Foremost chain guard I may for kicks use it to cover the belt.

I am though going to have the engine black and some of these covers, use the brushed metal silver finish with clear coat to shine. Then since it was free, some red and gloss on the frame.

I am even thinking, but too much noise for too many colors, but how about a partial woody. I had veneer plywood that I can also cover with walnut stain and past here or there.

Eventually it should metamorpsize by 2012 and be ready for Burnin Man as a whale covering.

Measure Twice

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I actually quite like the seat currently on this ride, but i saw this Australian made "Bell" vintage leather seat, and thought id be a nice touch and Kelly really likes it.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Today i mostly welded the fuel tank, just need to make the mounting brackets and get some pipe from work for the filler. I also fitted my intake manifold, just need to make a mounting bracket for that. And im currently finishing the exhaust manifold mount and brackets.

I also fitted the seat, and although i love it, the other one seemed to suit the build better, i guess ill wait and see.... what do you guys think?

****I just noticed in the pic that the shroud moved slightly, the fuel tank and shroud actually line up when shroud is bolted in

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I had a heap of flat bar steel they throw out from work and decided to make some fender struts. Those standard ones dont look very solid and ive heard horror stories with guards and motorized bikes. These suckers wont move, at first i thought they would look too bulky and was planning on lightening holes but i quite like them so i may just leave them. I think it makes it look more vintage, now i need to make 1, maybe 2 for the rear guard.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Three atm: Villiers, Briggs ladies and The Whippet..... but there are more going on inside my head: Indian, Victa build and two more Villiers.... Thats how i roll!!!!!

I just enjoy it more this way, i actually enjoy the building more then the riding and i love to have more then one build so if i tire of a build i move to the next one for a break, fresh and full of new ideas...

Another advantage of more then one build is im not so impatient. When i was building one bike, sometimes i wouldnt give the paint its proper cure time. Now i dont mind because there is always something to do.

Reactions: Robert T Spurlock

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Well i havent had a chance to do much lately. But im currently on my last night shift before a 6 day break, in which i hope to get this build finished, or at least try. Its entered into Grezefest Sunday so we will see. And seeing its my last night shift im getting a few things done: Filler for petrol tank, oxy'ing cranks (cranks on the bike were borrowed form the Villiers build for reference, and i also made a cover for the clutch and jackshaft pulley. Just need to weld it up, ill hopefully get the tank and cover and jackshaft fitted tommorrow so i can start getting things painted in time to dry.....

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
welding galvanized tin YUCK snot snot snot.... Harry wanna do some swapping on a Villiers I cant seem to find one in the states??? I really would love to find one of those for a build.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah welding gal does suck, but it was FREE :) so i just need to grind the gal off and im gold.....

Id be happy to try and find a Villiers for you, there are still quite a few on EBay here. Silverbear and Fasteddy wanted me to find them an engine when they saw my Villiers, but ill tell you what i told them. Im more then happy to find you one, but it will be dear (real dear) to post from Australia. They ended up taking my advice and found one in England, where they were made, and the postage was a lot cheaper. Let me know if you still want me to help you out.....

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Let me check into the shipping I have a couple tricks up my sleeve LOL... Otherwise I may try to find one in Jolly old England or maybe better yet in Canada through sources I know.