WCC SO-CAL Special Frame Build....

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by culvercityclassic, Apr 1, 2012.

1. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

Give me a break Dennis...big thanks for the lathe...it’s a challenge but I like it...the shocks are sweet too...not sure if it will work on the seat.

I made the main motor mount plate, it was heavy since it was made of 3/16 so I put it on a diet and drilled a lot of 1 1/8 holes. The motor sits low and forward. Under the plate will be my drive system.

This is the exhaust I plan to use.

That’s it for today...CCC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. culvercityclassic

A couple more pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Don't lose that recipe bro, I'm gettin mighty hungry lookin at the main course here ;)

.wee.

4. dmb

dmb Active Member

leverage on the shock. or put the spring in the oven. the lathe's got more work in a few day's than all the time i've had it. good for you.[and i still have my finger's] i know race bikes are not stinkin' chopper's although i seen some chopper's racing [not so fast]

5. RicksRides

RicksRides New Member

Jeff I love that el cheapo jig as well. If you could send me a couple close up pics as well as material list Id love to make a copy of it if you wouldnt mind. As always great job there bud. Thanks, Richard

6. culvercityclassic

7. RicksRides

RicksRides New Member

Jeff, Many thanks

8. headtrama

headtrama New Member

What's wrong with a death trap ?.bf.

9. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

This is AWESOME got to watch the finish. Super nice work..............Curt

10. culvercityclassic

I got some time to work on the bike, trying to come up with a tank design has been yhell. Since this bike is being built as a race bike only this is the tank that I have designed for the application...purpose built..a little under a gallon and should do the trick. The front section will have a small fairing to add to the detail.

Attached Files:

11. headtrama

headtrama New Member

Looks good jeff.

12. culvercityclassic

New wheels laced up...moving along...or should I say rolling alonglaff

Attached Files:

13. Gbrebes

Gbrebes Member

Hey Jeff,

You really do some quality work from scratch, I really admire that. You take some straight tube, some metal plate, and turn it into a beautiful flowing machine.

Your welding skills also impress me, I don't really weld, but I've done a little mig welding and I know how easy it is to mess it up. You don't mess it up at all, clean stuff. You should be proud.

I have a question about those rims. What are they? They look wider than a worksman, but I don't know much about such stuff, I bought some old worksman rims when I started my first and only build, and I never really looked for another set, I love my worksmans.

Your build is looking super cool to me, but I have one more question. You have a race bike, Iceman has a race bike, and Ryan has a race bike, are you adding racers to Team Wolf? It would be awesome to be on your race team, I think you could dominate the Motorized Bicycle Racing Cicuit for reals.

Anyway, in my book, you da man. I really dig the work that you do.

Gilbert

14. headtrama

headtrama New Member

Where can I get a rider application sounds interesting ?

15. scotto-

Application and resume already sent.....Team Wolf Pack will rule the world ! ;)

.wee.

scotto-wolf

16. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Those wheels look killer Jeff!! Did you lace them yourself?? (^)

17. culvercityclassic

Thanks Gilbert for the kind words. I do know how to hide the bad welds or fix them...LOL...flap wheel is my best friend in the shop...

No teams are in the plans since I have listed all my bikes except one for sale. The plan is to complete this build for the iceman to race and keep one of my 2 strokes to race. I want to complete another BTR to keep for myself. The problem is I enjoy building and have six bikes and no room to work in my shop anymore...get's old having to move them all around all the time...

VMB: I had a little help with the wheels but they are a custom build.

More work completed: I made the tank mounts that will be welded to the lower top tube. The tank is now complete with all the bungs welded in. I received the crank setup I ordered from "Sportsman" and must say it's DA BOMB. It's nice to have great quality parts and a great vendor to deal with.

Attached Files:

18. scotto-

Tank looks sweet.......cranks look sweet! Can't wait to see it complete. That right there is gonna be the bike that any 4-stroke racer will want to have. A superb job Jeff, honestly.

.wee.

19. Gbrebes

Gbrebes Member

Too bad about the race team, I was just kidding, but I think it would still be awesome.

So I still want to find out about those rims, unless its a secret. They look nice and wide. What size tire would go with those rims?

Gilbert

20. culvercityclassic

Thanks Scotto, my biggest fan I see...lol

Gilbert...them rims be 24x2.5 wide. I got a good friend that I hit up for some felt wheels but when I told him what the plan was he pushed me out the door with the ones I have now, he made a good choice for me and I am more than happy.

I was able to weld in the tank mount and kinda mock the bike up, it has a lot of dead space but that will be filled up with some go fast goodies.

I need to order some engine parts before I weld the motor mount in...

I want to thank DMB...aka Dennis again for the lathe...I was able to fab up the bungs for the tank and had a blast doing it...

Thats it for now...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]