Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
As I've posted before KC your electric is awesome and I'm so glad it's proving to be stable as well as fast...a beautiful, functional 21st. century machine.
Please don't hide the details under sheet metal or plastic...it rocks just as it is! Rick C.
Thanks Rick, and I agree with you, but it's in customers hands now.
It's not a Velocar, but pretty cool none the less.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I keep looking for an old Prefect or Anglia frame and running gear that was left over from someone building a dragster using the body but I'm afraid that anything like that has be disposed of long ago.
There are a lot more Crosley's than there ever were British Fords over here so the chances of finding one are a whole lot better.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Ya! Crosleys are a good little motor, would be perfect for one of them, got a ride in one when i was a kid, fun...............Curt

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For our Anne![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Photo of old France! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Always amused me such simple black/white photos of ordinary town's scenery from bygone era! There is nice atmosphere even nothing much is happened there. The first one is taken at periphery of some French town, as other, too (probably). For me, they looks quite romantic.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ciao,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran
[/FONT]

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Ford Anglia, the old sit up and beg style, they're often used over here for hot rods using a 3.5 Rover engine (the one they bought the rights off GM/Buick), so you're not going to get a chassis from one of those cheap.

What about Bantam Motor Corp product, are they rare? I suppose they must be.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Ludwig,

The Bantam manufactured cars are very rare here and priced accordingly. Many of the old Anglia's and Prefect's from the, as you put it so well, sit up and beg era had frames built for them over here when they were used for drag racing. Even the car used on the street often had homemade or after market frames due to the large engines with high horse power that were used.

There are a lot of Crosley's still available for a reasonable price. They are often in sad shape and economically unrestorable but perfect for a rebody.

Steve.