Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ludwig,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now it works great![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I saw that film, but it is always nice to see it again: excellent velocar, nice background and atmosphere... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As I am interested in tandem-seats position, it was attractive to me, but now my wife should prefer side-by-side seating and her own pedals beside that... We shall see for the next project, maybe she change opinion again...
I am wondering had it ordinary bicycles wheels, or some heavy-duty type? It seems that he propelled it quite well, probably without derailleur speed-changing? Maybe 3-speed Sturmey-Archer hub gear-change? I am interesting in such bicycle's forks for supporting wheel's axles...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Interesting ride on 3 wheels - heavy wife helped a lot?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ciao,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zoran
[/FONT]

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
WOW! Looks like a elephant on a toad stool He! He! Kool use for go-kart,and out of the weather.....................Curt

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Cute sidecar. The velo Morgan frame is wonderful. I would like to build a sliding pillar front end like that myself and that shows one well.

How are you feeling.

Steve.
Yes I was pretty impressed with how clearly those pictures showed the general construction too Steve.

(sigh) I've been having a string of bad days, but I'm still managing to get some creative staring done.

How's your knee holding up Steve?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Anne,

Sorry to hear that you have a string of bad days. Do the summer months help at all?

Knee is doing better thank you. I'm well into my favorite part where you force the weak and the unwilling to do the impossible or if you would prefer physical therapy.

Steve.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Our Summer is yet to get here Steve. We've been having cold, damp, grey days more like Summer has been cancelled and we've moved right onto Autumn.
At the moment I've got an occupational therapist working with me and she's doing a good job of getting me a wee bit more interested in doing things again.

And back to the interesting vehicles and my love of French cyclecars :D

I've just found out that Villard made a later version of their 3 wheeler which I think has possibilities for the front wheel drive arrangements on my own cyclecar. More creative staring needed methinks.......

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Our Summer is yet to get here Steve. We've been having cold, damp, grey days more like Summer has been cancelled and we've move right onto Autumn.
At the moment I've got an occupational therapist working with me and she's doing a good job of getting me a wee bit more interested in doing things again.

And back to the interesting vehicles and my love of French cyclecars :D

I've just found out that Villard made a later version of their 3 wheeler which I think has possibilities for the front wheel drive arrangements on my own cyclecar. More creative staring needed methinks.......

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Powered by electric or a 98cc Villiar's would work either way I would think. Perhaps turning on rollers under the engine carriage to take the weight off the forks. Smart looking car and it would be fun to build the chassis for it.

I think a pot of tea and a plate of chocolate bits and a comfortable chair by the heater in the garage with some drawing paper is definitely in order.

Steve.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
That sounds a very good plan Steve :D

I've drawn in where the pivot point for the engine sub-frame is located which might help with visualising how the whole thing works. My present chassis will be just fine for this as it just means adding in the needed bracing and mountings to suit the new arrangement. The rest of the cyclecar will be built just the way I always intended to do it so everything else remains the same.

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
De Dion built great engines for the time period. Do you know the year for that Renault? It looks interesting. At 273cc, even with the lower compression of the time period, given that De Dions tended to rev higher than most I would bet that little lightweight-looking Renault probably moved rather quickly. Especially with the ability to change gearing.