This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I hope they sell 1000's of them and that I can get one on craigslist for cheap because the $2000 batteries are dead. :)

That is the only way I could get one. :)
In 2013 they sold about 200 Bombers. They've been making them for about 5 years and mine is #412.

Apparently sales have doubled in the last year over the previous 4 years.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just got back from picking up new seat at REI, my first ride off the governor.

So how fast?? Fast. It's faster than any of my China girls, or my Moped. Both in acceleration, and top speed. They have no chance. Since it's only about 8 miles round trip to REI, I rode with total disregard for range. It was really sucking the juice, but the speed this thing can travel is amazing, and scary. No one around here has ever seen anything like this. It's very dangerous, because it goes so fast, so quickly that no one in a car expects your bicycle to be bearing down on them like this. Good thing the brakes work so well, but their lifespan is probably going to be very short. Back tire too.

This 50 mph top speed wasn't even the limit of the bike, but just where I chickened out on the side street I was on. It was on a flat, but I did have tail wind. Laying down it would have gone 50 + easy. A little earlier I saw 44 mph against the wind sitting up. I was sitting up the whole time. This is going to take some getting used to. My moped only does about 40, and I feel more comfortable going 40 on it, than I do going 40 on this bike right now. There's not anything wrong with the way this bike handles, and the suspension is stellar, but going 40 on my moped feels slower, than 40 on this bike. On the moped 40 is topped out, and there's nothing left on the throttle, but this bike still has plenty acceleration at 40. Acceleration off the line isn't blindingly fast, but it's quick. It only brings the front wheel off the ground a tiny little bit without jerking the bars. I think you'd have to try hard to flip it. Small compact cars are no match off the line, and big SUVs have to want to beat it. Yanking the throttle off the line gets about 5000w. Pedaling is useless at 50, because you can't even come close to keeping up.

I say this truthfully, this bike really does slightly scare me. Trouble can arrive quickly if proper restraint isn't observed. I won't be topping this thing out very often.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
WOW! that is amazing. yes be careful. we want to continue hearing about your experience with your motorized bicycle. I cannot even imagine going that fast on a bicycle, very nice indeed

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I got my the seat. Special ordered from REI.

Stock one is on the left, Origin 8 Classic Lite, on the right. It's a cheap copy of a, Selle, San Marco Regal, which is supposed to be pretty comfortable for $120. The Classic Lite is $24.

I just tried it out for about 25 miles, and I found that it really is pretty comfy. I'll need to make some adjustments, because I have it a little too far forward, and the front needs to be angled up a little more, but all in all, this seat might be the most comfortable one I have. It's even possible it's better than the original, because comparing the specs, this faker is 1/4" wider. This seat rivals any of my other beach cruiser seats, none of which are perfect, for comfort.

I tend to like sitting near the back of the seat which is usually the widest part. This one is no exception. Compared to the stock torture cushion, this one is wider, and has more padding. It's firm, but soft, and has more of a rounded profile like a real saddle. I think I'll be able to live with this. Looks wise it seems ok, and doesn't look cheap. For $24 I call this a great bargain.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
WOW! that is amazing. yes be careful. we want to continue hearing about your experience with your motorized bicycle. I cannot even imagine going that fast on a bicycle, very nice indeed
Don't worry Paul, I won't be going 50 mph very often in the future. I really just wanted to see if it would do it, or was that just an exaggerated claim. It's not.

It's actually a lot easier to do 50 mph, than it is to ride 50 miles on one charge. Any fool could do 50 mph on this bike, but it takes at least a little skill to get 50 miles out of it. It took me 3 tries to get 50 miles on a charge, but it did 50 mph the first try.

Tonight after coming home from work, I went for a little 25 mile ride around the hood. My second ride uncorked. I'm finding the, off the line acceleration more than adequate, but that's not where it's the most impressive. Off the line is where it wastes the most power, so I tend to try to ease away from stops to save power. Where it really shines, and blows minds of people in the other lane, is from 30 to 45 mph. Well, maybe 48 even lol. Acceleration in that speed range feels like a shotgun wedding of a locomotive, and a cannon ball.

I'm going to have to start practicing saying with a straight face, "that was all me officer, doing 45 without pedaling". This could be troubillle.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I can't wait till the summer gets here. This bike will really fly then. In Texas it's always hot in the summer, and the air gets thin. Thin air has less resistance. All my gas bikes go faster in the summer heat, even though there's less oxygen. They run better in the winter, but they don't top out higher because of the dense air resistance.

The Bomber doesn't give a hoot about oxygen. The warn thin air should be really good for an electric bike.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Another benefit is that the batteries will perform better when warm since it speeds up the oxy-reduction reactions inside. My electric likes warm weather more, makes the batteries push more amps longer.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
ya know for 10,000 smackeronies you should get at least 100 mph and 100 mile range!!! :D
I agree with you, but should, and could are two different things.

An $18,000 Zero only goes 90 mph and has about 60 mile range if you're lucky. But I want a motor bicycle, not another motorcycle. As far as motor bicycles go, mine already far exceeds legal speeds to the point that it's going to be better for me to ride for range more then speed, if I want to stay out of trouble.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Another benefit is that the batteries will perform better when warm since it speeds up the oxy-reduction reactions inside. My electric likes warm weather more, makes the batteries push more amps longer.
Yeah, that's the same I'm reading on es. Those guys all say these batteries like heat, and don't like cold.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
from what i am seeing and you are posting i think your motorized bicycle is worth every penny spent. if my wife wouldn't kill me i would be getting one lol

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
ya know for 10,000 smackeronies you should get at least 100 mph and 100 mile range!!! :D
These are on sale near where I live.

http://www.ubcbike.com/store/product/159515/2013-Cannondale-Supersix-Evo-Black/

Nice bike for $7000 on sale but no motor.

For $2700 you can buy this wheel set but they are sold out ?

http://www.ubcbike.com/store/product/157418/2014-Zipp-303-Clincher-Wheel-Set/

Still no motor.

You would have to buy $10,000 worth of HK lipo and strap it to an ebike to get an ebike that would go 100mph for 1 hour ?

Who in their right mind would send HK $10,000 for batteries ? :)

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'd want to add some sort of phase change material or liquid cooling in between each Lipo pack if I were to put that much Lipo on a bike. I'm still wary of those type of batteries, the RC guys take them out of their toys and put them on the concrete floor and charge them separated out so if one happens to malfunction and start burning, it won't cause something too big to extinguish. LiFePO4 is the way to go if you can afford them, they are less power dense than Lipo so you need more packs in parallel if you want to draw a lot of current, but they are safe enough to charge installed on the bike without worrying about burning your garage down.

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
The SB design shows us we do not need lipo at all to have a super ebike.

They designed a frame that would put all the batteries in an ideal location.

Home builders tend to build a battery pack to fit a frame that was never designed to hold batteries.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'd want to add some sort of phase change material or liquid cooling in between each Lipo pack if I were to put that much Lipo on a bike. I'm still wary of those type of batteries, the RC guys take them out of their toys and put them on the concrete floor and charge them separated out so if one happens to malfunction and start burning, it won't cause something too big to extinguish. LiFePO4 is the way to go if you can afford them, they are less power dense than Lipo so you need more packs in parallel if you want to draw a lot of current, but they are safe enough to charge installed on the bike without worrying about burning your garage down.
The new Stealth's all have LiFePO4 batteries.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looks good I think a fatter more comfy saddle will rhyme beautifully with the girth of the batteries. Saying while Looks back at his BoXer lol

Every time I look at that Stealth it says the exact same thing over and over again lets,time to ride!dnut.wee.