This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I hung around endless sphere too long and lost some of my passion for evs.

I bet just one ride on a Stealth Bomber would bring me back.

If I come to Texas and take you out to eat can I take the Stealth Bomber for a ride around the block ? :)
I'll think about while we're eating our steaks lol.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
their is such thing as getting way to serous about a motorized bicycle, electric or gas, these bikes are all about fun as far as i am concerned just like this forum, its about enjoying ourselfs and sharing or adventures and bicycles

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
their is such thing as getting way to serous about a motorized bicycle, electric or gas, these bikes are all about fun as far as i am concerned just like this forum, its about enjoying ourselfs and sharing or adventures and bicycles
For me it truely is about fun. Riding way out in the woods where a car or truck would have a hard time getting to and enjoying the outdoors.

Florida is loaded with trails like that.

I don't even like street riding anymore. :)

Hey look at me on my electric bike trying to save the world risking my life riding with the cars driven by people doing texting ?

I bet I could take that Stealth Bomber right up the side of a mountain. :)

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm a creature of the heavy metal, concrete jungle. Moving through it for me is like a fish in water.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The city I live in started as a railroad town. It is full of RR right of ways that are good for walking dogs and riding bikes. Full of sharp gravel and busted glass too.

No trails here, but lots of RR right of ways. I used to ride the standup scooter there a lot. Maybe I try the motorbikes. A little worried re flats though.

But we are also blessed with nice wide bike lanes on most of the streets, so there is really no need to tempt fate.

Plan to ride the minibikes there though. Much heavier duty tires and not legal for street.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have over 500 miles now. I had to change my tires the other day, and ended up using the still new white Thick Bricks that came on the Felt Deep 6. These tires are a lot bigger diameter than the low profile ones I was running. They slightly slow my acceleration but seem to improve my range a little, and I just set a top speed record so I guess what they loose in acceleration, they give back in top speed.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It was like this for 2 hours while me and Bruce helped out the beer girls at Strokers.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
All the Harley-Davidson folks staring at it huh?
I bet it raise quite a few eyebrows and got you got alot of compliments on it too!

Today I saw a blacked out Honda Shadow with gold and silver Harley-Davidson fender tips and a Bar and Shield medallion on the passenger backrest. I got a chuckle out of that. I figure it would be akin to me putting Ford Blue Oval medallions on my Toyota truck. No, I would never do that!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I should confess that I've never gone over 50 mph on my bike for more than a few short seconds, because in order to do it I have to pedal my bunkus off. 45-47 mph is a lot easier.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's natural for everyone to focus on how fast this bike is, but that's only a small part of this bikes, or any powerful electric bikes riding experience. What's eye opening about it is how powerful, and well controlled it is just off the throttle stop. At extremely low speeds in other words. You might be thinking what a waste to have so much power, and only be using a tiny little bit of it, and that would be true for an ice engine, but that doesn't apply to an electric.

We're all used to ice engines that have the least power off idle, and build to maximum power somewhere up near the redline. It's an entirely different feel when you have full power from rpm 1, all the way to top speed. That's what people that haven't experienced a powerful electric bicycle are missing.

Think about how your china girl would be if it only had the power it has off idle, but all the way through the powerband. What a dog that would be. But china girls actually do only have doggie power off idle, and you do have to rev them out to get to the real power. An electric is a totally different animal. It comes off idle with potentially full power at hand from 1 mph. You have to use a steady throttle hand to keep from blasting off.

On my bike it takes a while to get used to operating the throttle without getting whiplash at every stop sign. It's why I'm very reluctant to let anyone ride my bike, because if you're not used to what's fixing to happen you're going to have a high provability of dumping it in about 3 feet.

Once you're used to it though, it makes for a very satisfying feeling riding even at very low speed, because low speed still feels like full power. You don't have to go fast to feel the power. Going fast, and feeling acceleration become separated, unlike an ice engine where it's more hand and hand. It's like having the broadest powerband you can imagine, which in fact it is. It's extremely addicting, and one of the reasons why the electric riding experience is superior to a ice.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I have always been into the slow ride.

I mean really slow, walk speed. You know if you really just want to check stuff out w/o stopping. Can't be done with a happy time, the bike will will be bucking and surging and stalling and generally complaining big time. You are lucky to be smooth at 10.

Can't be done with a centrifigal either, the clutch will drop out at that speed.

Very easy to do with an ebike.