Start of the 28" Board Tracker project

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
the tank is in the frame...

if you have any questions- i.e. how much fun it was to squeeze the fresh painted tank with its multiple layers of fiberglass, filler, basecoat and clearcoat into the fresh painted frame with the same amount of layers- just go in... ;-)

...but doesn't it look great?! What a difference it makes with the tank installed. Love it

Attachments

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Holy moly! Good work!
Something just occored to me, wht are the people who find thse things in barns and or in sheds going to think of them? I mean probably with a build as good as axels they'd think it was a real indian

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Holy moly! Good work!
Something just occored to me, wht are the people who find thse things in barns and or in sheds going to think of them? I mean probably with a build as good as axels they'd think it was a real indian
I can answer this. Most people like it. 95% of them. Then there at the 5% that think all copies, replicas, knock-offs, and tribute builds should be burned to ash. They are idiots and usually can't make anything on their own.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
and it looks a lot better in real, too orange on the fotos because of the artificial light,

I did not expect that the paint turns out that shiny under these conditions in my cold and dirty private garage, but it is incredible shiny... strange... a christmas magic?

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
hey Axel it's a great build, especially given that you have done the work yourself with what is available to you.
I think you are gonna fool a lotta people with this one. I also think this one needs some old school grips to complete the look.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Man that is a seriorusly nice bike, Burt Munroe would be proud.

I dont care whether your bike is a replica, id love to have it parked in my manroom

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I dont care whether your bike is a replica, id love to have it parked in my manroom

...you nailed it, I sometimes feel this uncontrollable urge to have something like this at my home, that is how my builds start. Wonder if I even gonna ride it... too beautiful, would look great in my living room ;-)

The engine case has gone through many changes, pure metal, matte silver, chrome spray, grinded and dirty look, airbrushed oil leaks, now it is dark red and silver at the mounting areas... don't know if this is gonna be final.

For the grips I am planning dark brown or red grip tape

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Finally! you have been teasing us for far too long. I have been patiently waiting to see photos of it painted with the engine installed. This is hands down my favorite 50cc bike I have ever seen. You should post a photo of you with the bike just for scale reference.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see more builds from you in the future.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
thanks, guys. Actually it is 80cc 2,7 hp ...

working at the oiltank, pedals and other little things now... will post pics with me sitting on it when I find someone to take a picture. It is a lot bigger than a 26" bike and it feels good when you sit on it.

Told my girlfriend I might not ride it and she goes "so than why are you building it??"
I said something like "too beautiful" but I kinda couldn't answer her question ;-)