Start of the 28" Board Tracker project

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
thanks guys,

here is some progress with added rocker arms and springs and other fake features to make it look like a piece of vintage mechanical artwork. The engine is slim, that is why I went with the flat Sachs and kicked others out of the choice.
I photoshopped it in the bike- looks good- the bike is ripped apart now and prepared for painting.

Fair enough for the moment, I will surely find some nicer springs and rockers in the future, but more important is to get that thing running now and paint it. I will try the matte silver with black cylinders

Attachments

Last edited:

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
What welding method are you going to use to close up the relief cuts in your top and bottom tube curves ?

MHF
no excessive efforts, just some welding spots in the center of the cuts cause I used thick and heavy tubes, they turned out to be extremely stabil after welding- did some tests with spare tubes- and the rest of the cuts are filled with fiberglass....kind of botch, I know, but works ok for me

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Very nice idea. It would be neat if you could make a method of having the rockers move when the engine was running to put frosting on the cake. I think it would make everyone who sees it as believing it is a V.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If you are going to paint the fins black how about polishing the exsposed fin ends after you paint..............Curt

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wow that fake twin look really realistic! I'm sure it will fool quite a few people, heck if I didn't know better you would have gotten me. Well, at least until you fired it up that will be a dead giveaway.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
I must commend you on your "bending" technique you developed for this bike. I was unsure of how the finished product would look, but from the looks of those photos you did a phenomenal job. I will defiantly be using this technique if I do another build.

Now on a more serious note I need to know what is under the car cover! I am also a sports car enthusiast, and if I had to guess I would say a Lotus Esprit. Am I correct?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I must commend you on your "bending" technique you developed for this bike. I was unsure of how the finished product would look, but from the looks of those photos you did a phenomenal job. I will defiantly be using this technique if I do another build.

Now on a more serious note I need to know what is under the car cover! I am also a sports car enthusiast, and if I had to guess I would say a Lotus Esprit. Am I correct?
I'm lovin' the frame. I'm lovin' that shade of red.

And under the cover is a Countach or I'm Rube Goldburg. Only question is: kit car replica - or not?