Show us your Pipe!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom, good eye...Exactly right 1 1/8" ... the best stuff is free stuff.

TiM
If we were plumbers, we'd have said it was 1" :)

I saw some pre-bent 1" EMT 90s at the hardware store a few days ago. They were a noticably tighter radius than what you get with a bender. I considered trying one but I don't like the idea of having too many weld joints to deal with. I might have to think about a copper exhaust some day. ACR copper would make nice strong straight runs and no tedious TIG welds

Tom

Last edited:

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
It's a Peugeot moped muffler that I bought from Scotto-.
I'm looking for a moped muffler but can't find one yet at a good price. I had a couple of '70's European mopeds back in the '90's. The long cigar shaped mufflers looked good and they were very quiet.

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
I don't know if you've already checked out the pipes at Treatland.tv These guys have about a million cool(and expensive) pipes to pick from.
Treats is my favorite moped parts source! Helped me get my QT50 running and even had me looking at big bore kits for it. Glad you linked to him because MB builders should check it out for ideas and hard to find parts. There's a big culture into tricking out old and newer two stroke mopeds and making them go stupid fast. So far all the mufflers I like on there are *sorry none today* but it's fun to look and wish.

If you buy from Treats don't be surprised if you find an unexpected "treat" in the box with your part ;-)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Treats is my favorite moped parts source! Helped me get my QT50 running and even had me looking at big bore kits for it. Glad you linked to him because MB builders should check it out for ideas and hard to find parts. There's a big culture into tricking out old and newer two stroke mopeds and making them go stupid fast. So far all the mufflers I like on there are *sorry none today* but it's fun to look and wish.

If you buy from Treats don't be surprised if you find an unexpected "treat" in the box with your part ;-)
Treatland ROCKS

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
These are the one's I have built. The bikes sound like dirt bikes...great powerband...
The rusty one looks like it has the better shape for wider PB for a HT and from the looks of it has lots of miles on it. Which one did you like better?

We're seeing more expansion chambers than art pipes.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Copper to copper is all I know how to weld. The silicone rubber hose from SBP works well to join to steel.
Biknut .... HEy nice bike BUuuuuuuTT ... do u want to to proplu use your expantion chambour .... ???? u have 2 have it Comming off the Engine for it to worke and Givve the right wave resanations .. any wayz NICE
You guys drive me crazy. Don't you think if I could of figured out how to mount it properly I would have? I've tried it 3 times before, and each time I decided it was impossible. There's nowhere to mount anything to. The bottom bracket spindle is too narrow. And besides that I ripped my pants trying.

But since everyone is such an expert, I decided to give it one more try. This time instead of impossible, I consulted with Kim Possible. I worked on this all day.

Last edited:

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I've been running this one I built the summer before last.

I made the steel flange from flat bar stock and made a much larger diameter opening that matched the size of the exhaust port in the jug.

It's brazed to a pocket bike pipe I got off of E-Bay for $10.

Unlike pipes with skinny header pipes this thing doesn't fall flat on it's butt at high rpm's.
That pipe looks nice and flowy.
What size pipe did you weld on to the flange is that copper aswell welded onto that metal flange?

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Here's my exhaust. It starts out as stock flange, goes to 3/4" copper, then because of the length, goes to 1" copper, a homemade expansion chamber, and finally 3/4 " copper connection with Briggs muffler. It works good, but ended up longer than I wanted it and the Briggs muffler is louder than I'd like.
All but the muffler is brazed together. There's a hanger between the pedal crank and kickstand, and another one at the rear axle dropout.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
SBP system w/heater hose extension;

SBP chamber only w/kit manifold & fabricated 6" glasspack;

Aftermarket silencer & fabricated pipe w/header wrap;