Price of Gas these days......Let's Ride!

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Seems like they're good. They eat insects. They look like any other toad don't they. What's so bad about them?
They are EXTREMELY toxic and are killing our pets and wildlife at an alarming rate, and they are disgusting.

And they multiply at an even more alarming rate. They started out near where i live and have hopped nearly all the way across the country, all from maybe 20 toads initially brought to OZ.

Anything that eats them, dies...... except crows. But only because they are smart and know to flip them over, they excrete their poison from glands on their head/back.

Trust me they are a natural disaster here in OZ. You should see their numbers at work after rain, and they are nearly indestructable. They would be admired if they werent so dman UGLY LOL.

In saying that we Queenslanders are called "canetoads" and New South Wales are referred to as "cockroaches" in our rugby league (football) state of origin ehich is quite popular here.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Cane toads...

There's a lot I don't know abt Oz!

I heard that nasty rumor abt firearms... difficult to believe.
I thought everyone had 3 or 4 just kinda hangin around in this closet, or that...

But I've heard about dandy little table-top distilling units, for personal use.
Wouldn't quite make up for no fire-sticks, though.

Best
rc

Oh, price of gas?
We've got producing wells 4 miles down the street. go figger!
maybe 100 miles to a buncha refineries...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
They are EXTREMELY toxic and are killing our pets and wildlife at an alarming rate, and they are disgusting.

And they multiply at an even more alarming rate. They started out near where i live and have hopped nearly all the way across the country, all from maybe 20 toads initially brought to OZ.

Anything that eats them, dies...... except crows. But only because they are smart and know to flip them over, they excrete their poison from glands on their head/back.

Trust me they are a natural disaster here in OZ. You should see their numbers at work after rain, and they are nearly indestructable. They would be admired if they werent so dman UGLY LOL.

In saying that we Queenslanders are called "canetoads" and New South Wales are referred to as "cockroaches" in our rugby league (football) state of origin ehich is quite popular here.
I see. That is a problem. Stupid poison toads.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I still say Lindy (thought it was Lindsey) is guilty. Neither one of them showed an signs of remorse and they both looked and acted guilty as heck. Their story changed more than once and the fact that Azaria had mental retardation just makes me wonder. Hey, who am I to judge though.....just a gut feeling.
You may still be right, i havent made up my mind... but in saying that i was 4 years old at the time, you may have a lot better idea then me being here at the time.

However 2 things striked me as odd on the news today, but neither really prove their innocence.

I thought this new enquiry was because of new evidence pointing to their guilt, its not. The Chamberlains insisted they reopen the case. Very odd that a guilty person would want their case reopened and looked at again..... i guess it could be just to sway public opinion, or maybe she just likes the publicity.

The other is i didnt think Dingoes made fatal attacks, however there have been 12 major attacks since 1995, 3 of those fatal in the Northern Territory. That may not sound like much but there arent a lot of people that live in the Northern Territory.... again this doesnt prove their innocence.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Cane toads...

There's a lot I don't know abt Oz!

I heard that nasty rumor abt firearms... difficult to believe.
I thought everyone had 3 or 4 just kinda hangin around in this closet, or that...

But I've heard about dandy little table-top distilling units, for personal use.
Wouldn't quite make up for no fire-sticks, though.

Best
rc

Oh, price of gas?
We've got producing wells 4 miles down the street. go figger!
maybe 100 miles to a buncha refineries...

I dont know anyone who owns a gun, and i dont know anyone who wants to own a gun, nor do i know anyone that distills liquor. We buy that from the pub like you guys LOL
Fire sticks? What are they?
I suddenly feel like i am from an alternate universe LOL

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I'm guessing firesticks = guns?

There's only 2 things that are illegal here that really get under my skin, and it's not gun control...... It's ICE motorized bikes and Pitbulls are illegal, as I have both. Damn government lol

In the last few years we've had an alarming trend, and maybe this is happening everywhere, but there are a lot of glassings (smashing a glass in someone's face) at nightclubs, to the point where they are considering banning glass from a lot of places, and replacing them with plastic cups. Not real good if you're after an ice cold beer lol.

We are turning into a bunch of animals that can't even be trusted with glasses..... I'm glad some of these people don't own guns :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I live where there a lot of Mormons. The church requires the male members to own guns. I've seen some gun closets that have enough firepower to start a war. They have a thing called the Bishops warehouse. Not only is it stocked with food(and I mean a LOT of food)but they also have massive weapons stashes and the ammo to go with it. The church also requires the members to have enough food for a year for their families. Their President has "visions" from God and He told them that there is a collapse coming and the faithfull would survive if they prepare. There is no more staunch supporters of our 1st Ammendment rights than the Mormons.

I, myself, own three guns, a .22 scoped bolt action rifle, a 16 gauge pump action shotgun, an antique I inherited from my grandfather and a .357 Magnum revolver for "social" occasions.

Oh, yeah, gas here still is under $4 a gallon but riseing fast :p

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What I'm seeing regarding the high gas prices is, it's not as much about the price of gas going up as it is about the dollar going down.

Actual consumption is way down, and there's plenty of production, and supply.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It's $5.91 a U.S. gallon where I live here south of Vancouver B.C. I would think that they will drive it to $7+ dollars if they can but there are a lot less cars on the road even now.

Steve.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
What I am driving right now gets close to 100mpg so the cost of gas really does not hurt me so much. But then again its the ultimate geek machine being a neon green 150cc scooter

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What I am driving right now gets close to 100mpg so the cost of gas really does not hurt me so much. But then again its the ultimate geek machine being a neon green 150cc scooter
Unfortunately the cost of gasloine is factored into the price everything, so even if you don't use more it still cost us more.

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
What I'm seeing regarding the high gas prices is, it's not as much about the price of gas going up as it is about the dollar going down.

Actual consumption is way down, and there's plenty of production, and supply.
That's what I love about these boards. They attract some smart people w/ different ideas.

Right on Brother. People fail to realize that we are about to loose "global status" as the universal (reserve) currency. When the USA does, we'll have to exchange our money for another currency to purchase gas....

The price of gold and silver hasn't changed, you'll still get the same goods as in Roman times. An Oz of gold was always the price of a fine suit sandles and hat :) The value of our dollar is in free-fall. Although our Canadian, English and Aussie friends are having freedoms trampled, there's reason for them to stick up for us...

This is a plot by the Global elite to break our Country (USA). They know exactly what they are doing as they manipulate markets. If the USA caves in and becomes as others, the whole free world is in trouble as we will be made slaves. Think I'm crazy? What if I could proove that the US funded Iran's Neuclear program? www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4lB1Y4ZwfU&feature=share

This is how free you are in Canada right now!
www.therecord.com/news/local/articl...after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun-at-school

As far as the toads go, are these the same ones they are licking in California? We need to put them on steroid and turn them loose in Parliment and Congress LOL!!! That'll teach 'em to make pitbulls illegal!

Gas is $4.05 in Buffalo. I hope Kerf happens past and seeing this post on Iran/ nukes. There's a lot of misconceptions around this Country! This situation was more than preventable, it was manufactured.

As for loss of jobs due to economy, there's a great work from home website LOL!!! http://homedistiller.org/distill

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
Not just cracking jokes about that still site. In emergency, it could be used to make fuel! If anybody needs help w/ an electric or other still, it's illegal in NY where I live but I know a little about them. Most common mistake is cooking your mash at too high of heat in them. They were made for water! Boiling point 212... Ethel boils at 173! You need to regulate the heating element or will get impurities that could kill you as the oils from your mash make it into your catch cup!

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
Natural Gas is clearly a viable solution, however it’s the way it’s being extracted. If I spilled the chemicals on my shop floor that these Companies are pumping into the ground to get it, I’d have Government troops dressed in Oompa Loompa suits kicking down my door!

I say let us distill our own and buy it from farmers! Our Government won't let that go on because they're greedy bastaids and God forbid an untaxed drink gets mixed! It's time for another way of thought in my opinion. They are willing to kill our kids to stabilize the "Global" Oil Market, they're kids go to Harvard and Yale, ours go to Iran and Iraq.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Natural Gas is clearly a viable solution, however it’s the way it’s being extracted. If I spilled the chemicals on my shop floor that these Companies are pumping into the ground to get it, I’d have Government troops dressed in Oompa Loompa suits kicking down my door!

I say let us distill our own and buy it from farmers! Our Government won't let that go on because they're greedy bastaids and God forbid an untaxed drink gets mixed! It's time for another way of thought in my opinion. They are willing to kill our kids to stabilize the "Global" Oil Market, they're kids go to Harvard and Yale, ours go to Iran and Iraq.
Its also killing the kids in Iraq and Iran but im sure you meant to include them also, but i totally agree with you, which is why i dont understand the hesitation of most on this site to accept electric.

If you have a lot of land this could be a serious option if and when gas prices get ridiculously expensive, or if our world has becomes like the later "Mad Max" movies :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4jrskze_UU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL04DC07070060F799

You can actually do a small scale experiment of Jean Pains theory and get free hot showers from a modest compost piles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT3Uz_sW0tI&feature=related

And while i agree with alternative biofuels it can have a downside of taking food away from the poor, thats exactly whats happened in Brazil where they do similar

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Do a search for the movie "Gas Land". it's a real eye opener on exactly what you are referring to. ;)

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
I'm not an environmentalist. It's just that what's going on is not making sense. There's regulations where there shouldn't be and where there should be, there is none.

How about assigning some of the Millions of Cops we have in this "FREE" Country to monitor oil wells? There was just another blow out in Alaska on behalf of a Spanish Company drilling on our land!

If our leadership were honest, we wouldn't need a Million Cops to monitor MB activity or OWS protests...

I seriously think more gains should be made in wind power. I live a few short miles from the Niagara river and can't see why more water turbines are not in use? There's not excuse for it!

On other side of argument, batteries are not exactly eco-friendly either!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm not an environmentalist. It's just that what's going on is not making sense. There's regulations where there shouldn't be and where there should be, there is none.

How about assigning some of the Millions of Cops we have in this "FREE" Country to monitor oil wells? There was just another blow out in Alaska on behalf of a Spanish Company drilling on our land!

If our leadership were honest, we wouldn't need a Million Cops to monitor MB activity or OWS protests...

I seriously think more gains should be made in wind power. I live a few short miles from the Niagara river and can't see why more water turbines are not in use? There's not excuse for it!

On other side of argument, batteries are not exactly eco-friendly either!
Yeah batteries probably come in a close second to nuclear fall-out (radiation) laff

And today in San Diego the gas prices are increasing a couple cents a day.......$4.22 for regular......$4.42 a gal. for premium. Is it any wonder I love riding my motorized bicycles everyday? Man-o-man do I love my bikes!

dnut