GoldenMotor.com

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
lets all wish him 'Get Well'.

Just called me from the hospital, and he's pretty banged up. :crash:

The headstock couldn't handle his ape-hangers, and it snapped going over a bump at 30mph.

EDIT: he sent this pic

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: our MB friend 'Turbo/Chaos' just broke his collarbone

Get better soon Turbo, hate to hear anyone get hurt.

Keep us posted Spunout

:crash:

turbo/chaos

Jul 22, 2008
college station tx
www.myspace.com

hey guys thank a lot yeah im banged up and heavly medicated for now plus if yo look real close on the tank my hole croch of my pants is goon and was almost my nuts but my bike is banged up to riped out the throtel cabel brake lever kill switch wires and not sure what else to the bike im out of work for a month now and am trying to sell as many kits to make the bills

so if you huys know of any one needing kits im just trying to make a few bucks right now just shoot 185 and all ship any where in the usa and cannada

thank againe and all put more picks on here soon

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Sorry to hear about your spill TC. I know that feeling of hitting the pavement in a split second and it sucks. I hope that collar bone heals quickly without that bump.

mgladden2

Aug 10, 2008
Las Cruces
www.markgladden.com

I'm new here, but hope Turbo recovers quick.

What about the issue this brings up??

Does this suggest that putting apes on a china bike is a sketchy proposition b/c hitting a bump could cause the headstock to fail? I can't imagine how much that would suck. One second cool, next no steering. Yikes!

Anyone else heard of this happening? I always planned to add apes, but now I'm not so sure.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Looking at that picture makes my nuts go numb and sorta ache as they pull up in my body.

Please, use good quality parts. That is scary as you know what.....not trying to give you a lecture Mr. Turbo. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado

That's scary looking at that gooseneck (That's what I've been grown to call it anyway) I mean the solid arm that sticks away from the mounting bolt is what broke. I mean I have never EVER heard of such a thing in my life!
Was the ape hangers to blame? Did the extra rise give more "leverage" to break it clean? Would regular bars have done the same thing? How could we possibly know the answer to that?
This is scary cause a whole lot of us are riding on lower quality stuff. I mean my bikes aren't exactly 2 thousand dollar component rich in good stuff. Goosenecks we don't even ACKNOWLEDGE! It bolts on it holds the handlebar tighten it down so it won't loosen you're done never worry about it for the life of your bike.
I may switch to BMX style goosenecks for my rides. The ones with the 4 allen bolts that clamp on tight.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

Wow !!! That is scary... I broke my collar bone 2 times, both riding motocross. I never went to Hospital. I went to a Doctor and was put into straps.. But not the Hospital.. Yikes..!! Turbo must have other injuries. Turbo. My prayers are with you. Has anyone made contact with Turbo? What is the prognosis? Does anyone know? Wow.. I ride a lot, I hope my goose does not let go on me. I had a set of bars split on me one time and I drove my knuckles into the pavement. But..No broken bones on that one... Turbo, if you can get on the net, send us an update if you get my message. Thanks..

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ

Wow! hang in there man. That could of been real bad. You came out pretty good considering.

On a lighter note, that brings to mind that Flobots song.. "I can ride a bike with no handlebars..."

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Now I'am scared of my bars holy cow this sort of thing is my worst fear! I broke a caller bone before hope yours heals good mine still haunts me. Wish you a full recovery

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

I guess it would be a good idea to keep shorty bars for alloy goose necks, and steel BMX type goose for riser bars. I have risers on my bike. I will have to hunt down BMX style Steel Goose with dual steel clamps.. I have seen them. They are heavy duty for sure.. Guys.. I am on the hunt now. I have never had a goose break on me like Turbos. I am sure my current Goose is an Alloy like his. I can not have mine break. The Doctor told me that next time I break my collar bone, it will have to be wired.. I really do not look forward to being wired together... Steel BMX Goose has to be stronger than the alloy. or? I am sure it is. Wow Turbo. I am sorry dude... My prayers are with you. Praise the lord you were not killed... You could have gotten impaled by that broken goose and killed. Thank god you were not. Wow !!! Riding is fun.. It can also get you killed. I really need to look into a steel heavy duty goose. I want to continue to enjoy the ride... Heal up Turbo. Take care...

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com

wow.. I do see some cloth threads around the gas cap area on your tank. Sliding up the tank and hitting that gas cap and tank lip is a groin remover for sure. I remember when Honda had a recall on their tanks and gas caps for that reason. A guy would hit someone, slide up the tank and get an instant groin removal free of charge. Talk about a vasectomy !!! Wow !! Well.. I ride my Titan now. No tank in front of me.. Whew... But.. I still ride my 2 stroke now and then. I wonder what can be done about that tank lip... There has to be something we can do. Not every one wants a Titan... Humm.....