lessons learned from pets

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I guess I know little about this, just that the time I visit others that have those lovable creatures you have to watch out for, for there own sake!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I kinda think of em as little kids that way too, MT. They are really well coordinated physically. But will put any thing in your mouth, soil where ya don't want and will crack you up being dumb and playing.

Even my squirrels have their own personalities and playful sides. Just furry lil idiots who want to poop, eat and play.

===================================

Nunya! lol. Stewie DeCat gets up a few hrs after me most mornings but today I slept in.

Woke with him standing on my chest. He was sniffing my nose and then patting my cheek & purring loudly. Woke up giggling. Dumb kid.

Gonna be a good day

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har! LOL @ me. They will "put any thing in their mouth"

Not "your" mouth. Although I wouldn't put it past em.

I'd fix that but is cracking me up.........shft.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I had to laugh at the way they kept coming over the hill as he played. They must have realized that there was a stampede on.

Thanks Dan. That is a day brightener.

Steve.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I doubt the cows think his playing is that good lol. I spent a part of my childhood in the country side. Awsome place to be!

Many of the local land owners would use dinner bells. The cows in those felids get bails of hay and what not every once in a while. A simple assosiation with flute bell or car horn works very well. Whistling too.

When some poor unfortunate soul gets these guy's in the way driving down a solome country road?

I'll just say training them to a car horn is a fun joke of sorts lol.:)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I can't help but see that as a, What are you eating? face, rapidly followed by, You are planning to share aren't you?

The second photo looks like there was plenty and it was darned good.

So glad you found each other.

Steve.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks. But you are wrong both times. She pesters me every morning for our walk and then again in the afternoon for a romp at the dog park. She makes a point of meeting all the dogs and all the people. She's a social gadfly. Everyone loves Lucy.

So, lessons learned from pets...

I retired and found I was lonely. Wife dead, family dead and the dog died too. Sucks.

Posted on "Our Time" with a pic of me and the dead dog and found a woman that liked dogs. A lot. She had five. Her dogs liked me and that made her like me. And I liked her. She saw how I was with her dogs and thought I needed to go get one. So I got Lucy.

Meanwhile, back in Tahoe (where she lives) one of hers needed that final bad last trip to the vet and she was thinking about a younger dog to play with her youngest and also Lucy. So last week we picked up this new girl at the Lyon County shelter and brought her home.

That's her on my lap at Dee's in Tahoe with Lucy in the backround. Happy girl. Week after next, Dee and the pack will be down here.

So if you are lonely post up you and your dog and you will find a woman with dogs and you will get more dogs and drive around a lot and stay in new exotic places and have big fun!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was going off to go storm windsurf sailing at the coastal harbor but as I was on my way there I saw a cat. It was under the awning of a house by the front door. It seemed to be leaning toward the house. Wind and rain from the South and the house facing into the storm, there is not much place for shelter. Poor thing, I guess the owners, if there are for the cat, probably got up maybe an 1hr or so later being it is Sunday.

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Saw this the other day.......

Lesson I learned from a dog ---- just back-kick some grass over that s**t, and don't look back.