Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Think it was about 4 years ago we had a big wide swath of straight line winds a good 30 miles wide, flattened trees like a tornado. Here in Braninerd. MN then north. Crazy how it was just so wide and not more of the state. 90 mph winds, lot of house damage from wind and most from trees landing on them. took a long time to clean up, then the next spring it did the same thing only not quit as bad, or as big. Been in this house 55 years and seen a lot of straight line winds, but never anything like that.
We also have had tornado's through the years, but none i know of were as wide as this storm. Mpls. gets most of the tornado's down in that area.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Tom several car dealers in that area new & used...Diffee, Frontier & Rick Jones are the biggest ones and between them have all the American trucks plus some of the imports.

I personally would prefer seeing slight damage rather than get one that had to be totally redone & the paint give up on it a few years and miles down the road. Of course no damage is the best of all.

Rick C.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Our house is awash with Christmas cheer and once again I'm allowed to show my kitchen skills in the preparation of the evening meal..

Health and weather allowing the bike building will resume tomorrow until it's concluded and there will be no let up until it's done. We are now entering the 9th year since this all started with a simple belief that I could build it. A fact that astonishes me but I don't find surprising. It was, in the beginning, started as a "This won't take long and will be easy." build but in the deep recesses of my mind there was the lurking feeling that if it could go wrong it will and I haven't disappointed.

One more bit of building and I'll assemble it temporarily so we can see how it will look when it's finished. I haven't reached out to Sportscar Pat as yet to see if it's possible to have a modified pedal crank made but I've been unable to find a machine shop here that will do the job because it's too small. The machinist who did the engine modifications is busy as well. Business life in Vancouver B.C. is strong.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Finally we received a couple of hours of sunshine here on the Wet Coast and I was able to finish the clutch cable stop. Welded it instead of bolting it on.
Tomorrow I'll try and get it back on and the chains ect mounted temporarily since I need to have a longer pedal crank shaft made. This will give everyone an idea where everything goes. My brother said it might be an idea to put the seat on it at the same time and given a sunny day we can roll the work bench out and take some photos of it put together.

Once I have a longer shaft made I can finish it off and put it on the ground. Here is what the clutch cable stop looks like. The link goes to what it looked like before I welded the stop on.

Steve.

https://motorbicycling.com/attachments/dsc_0009-jpg.98284/

DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG

Reactions: indian22

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
For anyone who just happened upon this thread here is what we're building. I'll leave a link below or you can start on page one. The thread is like a Saturday afternoon garage meet up where all your friends stop by to talk. There is a lot of build content here but it's amongst the talking.

This is the last, most original Indian tri car left. It sold at auction for $180,000 with the bidders fee.

Steve.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...sedan-chair/&usg=AOvVaw1EqEAnb-Hu0NVQZ2zsc3Fp

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
One more bit of building and I'll assemble it temporarily so we can see how it will look when it's finished. I haven't reached out to Sportscar Pat as yet to see if it's possible to have a modified pedal crank made but I've been unable to find a machine shop here that will do the job because it's too small. The machinist who did the engine modifications is busy as well. Business life in Vancouver B.C. is strong.

Steve.
Steve I'm not clear about what your pedal crank lever requirements are, but I've modified, altered, bent, lengthened, shortened and straightened factory levers many times just using heat and a welder, then finishing up with flapper discs mounted on an angle grinder. The short & crooked cranks I made for the Simplex were created in this fashion, but look factory/ vintage. It will be much easier to find an ace welder than buy time on a machine or just do it yourself. Patience with the grinder is the key to an attractive result when reduction carving metal by hand and only metal casting can duplicate the end result.
Just remember that the only machined parts required are the correct axle & pedal connections, made of steel; the rest can be scraps of heavy plate or solid rod that can be formed to your requirements.

Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Rick,
I'll take a photo of what I'm talking about but in short I had planned to use the pedal arm as the stop for the out side of the clutch so the force went towards the plates when the clutch was activated. I wanted to do this by shimming the space between the pedal arm and the clutch but as usual there was too much shim or not enough.

I used a split collar against the out side of the clutch and this caused the clutch to work perfectly since the force was then directed towards the plates because the out side of the clutch couldn't move.When I did this half the area where the pedal attaches is covered by the split collar so the shaft for the pedals needs to be about an inch longer on one side.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
At least the sun comes out at that temperature. It's twilight here at 1:30. The temperature is 9.2C or 50F and pounding rain.

It's -23F and the furnace hasn't stopped running. Spent enough time in that sort of weather to satisfy me. My son emailed me yesterday and the ground hasn't frozen in Bennington, Vermont.

Odd weather indeed.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That's more than enough snow. With 13" that's snow blower time. Sue and Walt are in Ely I think. Picked a good time to go up there.

Steve.
Yep for sure, up there its about 10 or 15 degrees colder then here. Did 3 more driveways besides mine. Can't believe how many people are not ready, or have equipment this day and age. .........Curt