I love getting THAT look.

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
LOL, classic
Nice!

I recently had an encounter with a father and son in a covertible at a light on my Huasheng bike. When the father asked me if I had built the bike myself, I yelled back (I am running a straight pipe) that I put it together. His son then looked at his dad with an expression that just screamed "Can we build one?" lol. I yelled back the name of the forum before taking off. I have probably met more people on my bike than I do on foot in a day lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
This was cool. Ridding past a park, this tiny Cyndy Loo Hoo little girl just barely walking yet and more doing a put one foot in front of the other and hope to stay up-rite thing. I have a really odd sounding bike, HF with a rubber muffler. Lil Cyndy is half turned away, but turns to the sound Could see her giggling. When engine braking, sort of sounds like a cross of a mechanical burping and other bodily sounds.

About the best "that look" I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Did you just say I had flees? (snicker, snork)((English! drives me crazy. 3 *to*'s, 3 *fours* and no waiting))

Was so dang cute BA. She was to young to even know what a bike was other then a Barbi one. She perceived the sound, dunno, like we would hear a carnival.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I get the look from all age groups, but it's the kids that stand out. Kids look at my bike and have a look on there face like, OMG I'VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Just read through this entire thread and I have to say what a great read. I too also get the "look". I work at a large major retailer of home improvement goods. My bike is white ORANGE and black, just like my store colors (can you guess where I work?). I always let the bike warm up a little before I ride home. I start it and sit by the pro desk/exit while smoking a cigarette. While smoking I have at least 3-4 people walk by and say nice bike then at least 2 more that accually stop and ask me 50 questions about it, which I dont mind at all. My favorite "look" moment was when me a my buddy were riding around the neighborhood right after I finished my build about a month ago. I on my MB and he on my electric Razor MX500. We stopped by 7-11 and there were 2 squads in the lot 4 cops total. They look....Im thinkin NO NO NO NO. They start eyeballin our bikes then proceed to say "Hey nice bike, where did you get it?" I explained to them where I got all the parts on mine and that I built it, and where I got the electric one from.....they said "Awsome".....I said "Be safe out there". Then my friend an I went on a short 3 mile ride. What a fun night.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, I get that WTF look a LOT. I'm mostly riding in 35mph speed limits, claiming the lane, surrounded by cagers. I keep up with them.

When we reach the red light....thenxct2 I REALLY get the WTF look.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Long ride yesterday. 2 thumbs up from a park ranger who looked just like Santa and a couple from random drivers. One guy slowed and turned around. He held a card out to me from his car window. I thought it was a club promotion flyer but turned out it was his card and he is running for Mayor of Hartford. Guy looked like a cross between a hip-hop guy and a Russian diplomat with an accent from attending Yale. Really like interesting people. I was having trouble talking from being cold and overwhelmed by traffic at rush hr. But said I would like to do some MB legislative work. He said "Call me! Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen" Most likly will come to naught but was fun and interesting.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was 20 some thing in the shop/garage Prof. Really cold. Aside from finger tips and feet was comfortable with face hood, neck guard on helmet and Carhartts. Boots and handle bar wind guards and will be comfy.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH man! Sounds like a new thread/contest/exercise in dumb! (We are just the lunatics to do this)

Must be verifiable (temp) and with pics ! But think WildAlsakan will win that one

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I love that look of I'm stuck in bumper to bumber traffic and your about to fly past me with a dam trailer?? on...

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Just yesterday...shoulda posted then..oh well. Had this older guy (retired lookin) come up to me with his wife. I was just sitting on my bike about to go home, letting it warm up and smoking my cigarette. "Where in the heck did you get that thing" I hear. Well I got the motor from so and so and the bike from who and who and built it myself. I told him that mine was semi legal because I exede the 50cc and 1 HP limit here in Illinois, then told him the new law here. What he said was classic. "I dont give a $h!t, Im a retired cop". I gave him this web address then told him my father was also a retired CPD officer. He gave me his card with his personnal phone number on it and said give it to your dad I think I know him. Apparently his wife was also retired CPD and knew my father from a different district which he previously worked before his retirement. I just may have recruited a cop to "OUR" side. Great day.

Last edited:

gtv-gr

Aug 24, 2010
Greece
kids sweating peddling uphill and me zooming past by, or downtown Athens everyone stuck in heavy traffic EVEN mopeds and bikes and me zig zagging between cars , getting on sidewalks and disappearing , been using my seriously customized mbicycle for 2 years every day , best thing i've ever built , McGuyver's ride.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
kids sweating peddling uphill and me zooming past by, or downtown Athens everyone stuck in heavy traffic EVEN mopeds and bikes and me zig zagging between cars , getting on sidewalks and disappearing , been using my seriously customized mbicycle for 2 years every day , best thing i've ever built , McGuyver's ride.
It's people like you that give us LAW ABIDING motorbikers a bad name...sooner or later you're going to get popped.....do you seriously want to have ALL motor bikes outlawed ?......keep up with the way you're driving and sure as sh*t....it'll happen.......ohhh....wait a minute....Athens....GREECE......never mind.......sheesh......

Salty