Hi from the UK - INDIAN Board Tracker tribute, my first build

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Loom? You got a loom? hope it ain't Lucas :) Bloody thing will only run on high pressure sunny days. On the evening it is running, in the darkness enjoy the splendor of mini lightning at various points of a Lucas loom.
Bro in law was drove nuts until one such evening. His was a 1973 Bonneville.
Cheers!
Tom

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Nah, not Lucas, Tom. Chinese. Cheap as chips, so probably just as (un)reliable! Ha!
Been buying several bits and pieces for the latest build from 'OOracing', the folks who were the official UK importers of the Skyteam Ace bike I'm using a donor 125 engine from. They sell tons of spares too. Trying to make things as simple as possible for myself on the electrics front. Opting for an Ace loom and its associated electric components, hopefully means things will be relatively 'plug-n-play'. At least that's my plan....
Only drawback I foresee is that on my 'vintage' vibe build, there's not really anywhere to tuck a bulky loom out of sight. On the Ace, much of the wiring and stuff like the regulator/rectifier, relays, etc is hidden under the tank and seat. And I'm betting it'll be a challenge to fit all the multi-pin connectors within the headlight's shell. I may have to partly strip the loom and retro-fit sub-miniature connectors if that's the case. Or fit a larger headlight. We'll see....
Who knows?, once the Ace loom gets here I'll make a decision whether or not it's practical to go with it or wire the bike from scratch instead.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Wasn't too sure about the large speedo, but now it's installed, I reckon it works for this build.
Loom and associated electrical gubbins came in yesterday's mail. This'll be a challenge fitting it all in as unobtrusively as possible. Actually, I think it'll work out just fine if I can squeeze all the multi-pin connectors into the headlight's shell. May have to get creative.
On the bright side, all the connectors on the loom, electricals and engine do indeed make things pretty much a 'plug-n-play deal. Yay!
Right now I'm thinking it's time to consider fabricating a stowage box between the seat post and rear wheel to house some of the electrics such as the cdi and regulator/rectifier.
DSCN3965 (2).JPG
DSCN3966 (2).JPG

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Should have been enjoying spending time with the new addition to the family - kitten Mischa - this week after her hand-over was scheduled for the 25th a few days ago. That's not going to be happening now. Tragically, while both were undergoing treatment at the vets, her sibling tabby brother passed away on Tuesday and Mischa passed away earlier today. Both succumbed to Fading Kitten Syndrome, something I'd never heard of till I googled it and discovered its more common than expected - especially so in litters of young, first time mum cats. FKS is a very non-specific prognosis with umpteen underlying causes - some hereditary, genetic, viral or environment related - being responsible for fatalities. At 9 months old, Mischa's mum-cat Nancy was little more than a kitten herself, and, as it turns out, the vet has just told her owner she's pregnant again.
Devastated. Shed a few tears here for a kittie I never even got to meet other than via the many photo updates the seller regularly sent. Welcoming a new pet was something Jen and I were both really looking forward to.

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Should have been enjoying spending time with the new addition to the family - kitten Mischa - this week after her hand-over was scheduled for the 25th a few days ago. That's not going to be happening now. Tragically, while both were undergoing treatment at the vets, her sibling tabby brother passed away on Tuesday and Mischa passed away earlier today. Both succumbed to Fading Kitten Syndrome, something I'd never heard of till I googled it and discovered its more common than expected - especially so in litters of young, first time mum cats. FKS is a very non-specific prognosis with umpteen underlying causes - some hereditary, genetic, viral or environment related - being responsible for fatalities. At 9 months old, Mischa's mum-cat Nancy was little more than a kitten herself, and, as it turns out, the vet has just told her owner she's pregnant again.
Devastated. Shed a few tears here for a kittie I never even got to meet other than via the many photo updates the seller regularly sent. Welcoming a new pet was something Jen and I were both really looking forward to.
So sorry to hear Pete.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Thanks guys.
Well, little Mischa's passing before we even collected her was upsetting. However, I'm the only one who believes the seller's story. Everyone else at a family get-together this Bank Holiday weekend reckons it was a scam. Especially 'cause we've heard nothing from the seller since - and no mention of returning my money. Hmmmm.........watch this space.

But there's an upside to every story. So say hi to Bonnie - aka Mischa Mk2 - a gorgeous 9 month old Calico who was delivered to us by her seller yesterday. Talk about making herself at home. Soon as the door of her per carrier was opened she strode out into our lives brim-full of confidence and leapt straight onto Jen's lap. Bonnie is already spayed, vaccinated and micro-chipped - so by my reckoning, we got her for free after taking those expenses into account. Such a loving, people-focused, lump of a kitten that hasn't stopped purring since getting here. She hasn't ceased following me from room to room since she arrived and she even wanted to shower with me last night. Never seen a cat flop on her back in the (dry) shower tray and push herself round the tray by kicking her legs off the cubicle walls. She hopped on the duvet on cue at bedtime and spent the entire night snuggled between Jen and I. Woke this morning a 5am with her curled under my chin. Still there at 9am when I got up. And now she's stretched out on my lap as I type this. Anyone would think she's spent her entire life here with us, not just the the last 15 hours!. We've had cat's from very early kittenhood in the past who've never attained this level of 'chill'. Breed-wise, Bonnie is 'non-specific' according to her vet paperwork. But I'm guessing there's a big chunk of Ragdoll lurking in there. She's a keeper alright.
DSCN3968 (2).JPG

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Opted to use a cast aluminium enclosure to house some of the wiring loom's electrics towards the rear of the bike.
Enclosure is one of umpteen sizes made by Hammond and more commonly used for musical instrument effects housings.
Ample room inside to hide the CDI, flasher relay and all the connectors relating to the rear blinkers, stop/tail lamp.
Intention is to disguise mine as a faux oil tank. So I've added a brass filler cap and later I'll plumb-in some copper oil lines to add to the illusion. Enclosure is securely fastened to seat post via a pair of stainless saddle clamps.

DSCN3975.JPG

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Thanks guys.
Well, little Mischa's passing before we even collected her was upsetting. However, I'm the only one who believes the seller's story. Everyone else at a family get-together this Bank Holiday weekend reckons it was a scam. Especially 'cause we've heard nothing from the seller since - and no mention of returning my money. Hmmmm.........watch this space.

But there's an upside to every story. So say hi to Bonnie - aka Mischa Mk2 - a gorgeous 9 month old Calico who was delivered to us by her seller yesterday. Talk about making herself at home. Soon as the door of her per carrier was opened she strode out into our lives brim-full of confidence and leapt straight onto Jen's lap. Bonnie is already spayed, vaccinated and micro-chipped - so by my reckoning, we got her for free after taking those expenses into account. Such a loving, people-focused, lump of a kitten that hasn't stopped purring since getting here. She hasn't ceased following me from room to room since she arrived and she even wanted to shower with me last night. Never seen a cat flop on her back in the (dry) shower tray and push herself round the tray by kicking her legs off the cubicle walls. She hopped on the duvet on cue at bedtime and spent the entire night snuggled between Jen and I. Woke this morning a 5am with her curled under my chin. Still there at 9am when I got up. And now she's stretched out on my lap as I type this. Anyone would think she's spent her entire life here with us, not just the the last 15 hours!. We've had cat's from very early kittenhood in the past who've never attained this level of 'chill'. Breed-wise, Bonnie is 'non-specific' according to her vet paperwork. But I'm guessing there's a big chunk of Ragdoll lurking in there. She's a keeper alright.
View attachment 107621
I agree with you on some cats not ever reaching that level of chill. Looks like you got a lover!!!! Congrats

Nice work on the bike too

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The Bonnie wee cat stepped out of her carrier and found absolutely everything to her liking and immediately introduced herself to the lady of the house. Perfect and darned unusual. So often it's two weeks of hiding somewhere and only coming out at night with lots of hissing in between.

Lot's of people offering pets that don't exist here as well. Is there an agency that will act on your complaint?

Bike looks great. The oil tank addition is a wonderful addition.

Steve.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
I agree Steve. First stages of any cat adoption is so often a fraught period. We've had one or two who took what seemed like forever to fit in, and one in particular who never did fully get over the hiding/hissing phase. Aptly, she became our 'Heidi'. Hated being stroked or picked-up, yet was still an adored addition to the household for 18 years.

Our new Mischa obviously didn't read the rule book. She simply transitioned from one home to the next without a hitch. She really does behave like she's lived with us forever, not two days. Her eating, sleeping and litter tray habits remain un-phased. I did wonder how anyone could even think about rehoming a cat aged 11 months, and when I asked the seller, he was honest enough to say his family had too many pets in the house and 'Bonnie' - now Mischa - deserved a home where she could receive a lot more attention. BINGO! - she'll get plenty of that here! And for me, having something to interact with, other than Jen's care routine, is infinitely rewarding.

Did some cat breed Googling yesterday and the cat breed registry listed several traits of Ragdolls which describe Mischa to a tee. Apparently Ragdolls crave human company (tick), love being handled (tick), have a tendency to follow owners from room to room (tick), have a long, muscular body (tick), luxuriously soft fur with a feathery plumed tail (double tick), thick furry tufts between toes (tick), rarely bite or scratch (tick) and a distinct laid back personality which makes them perfect companions, especially so for children (tick). A description which fits Mischa perfectly. The only thing Mischa doesn't conform to is her markings. The cat registry only recognize Ragdolls as being mainly white or cream coloured with 'points', ie 'mittens' of various shades. Mischa's lovely calico colouring reduces her status to 'moggie' - albeit moggie royalty in my opinion. In my case, I specifically wanted a calico cat, so I could care less whether or not any cat of mine is a pedigree. Jen and I have owned 18 in 47 years - all kittens from cat re-homing centres or family - and all 'moggies'. Feels great to have a cat rule the roost again after spending the last six months 'cat-less' since our Tilly passed away.

Glad you like the bike's 'oil tank' addition. Have to admit I panicked when the new loom arrived and I just couldn't see how I was going to hide some of its bulkier electronics. The bike's distinctive round tank is its main feature - but doesn't have any space underneath to tuck electrics out of sight like any normal motorcycle. Same goes for the saddle. My faux oil tank partly solves the issue towards the rear of the bike. Now I'm having fun trying to squeeze a s - - tload of multi-pin connectors into the headlight shell up front.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I've had four papered Persians over the last forty years and all had those purrfect cat characteristics you describe. All were free and with shots updated etc. all were young adults. My last was a miniature copper eyed, calico, all female with wonderful mannerisms.

Free because of major life changes of the owners yet they wanted a good home for their lovely friends. I've a hard time replacing their loss with another companion for me, but given time another might appear at my door. Perhaps a Labrador as well!

Rick C.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Looks like I may yet be proved correct about believing the lady seller of the kittie I secured with a 50% deposit via bank transfer last week, only for the kitten and its sibling brother to unexpectedly die immediately prior to hand-over. Without any prompting from me, seller e-mailed today saying she spent the entire weekend in floods of tears and still hasn't got over the loss. Said she'll call me in a couple of days to organize refunding my money.
Family were all adamant it was a scam, but I honestly never doubted the seller. If it was a scam, it would have been a really cruel way to go about it. Let's just wait and see how things pan out.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Pete I think it’s just a sad situation from what I’m reading. Ragdolls are very cuddly and cute.Sad right now pandemic pets are being returned ,head to the pound or just being let loose. Pets are a lot of responsibility . Yes rag dolls like most exotic cats have there individial health problems. I have Persians and they have been on Cd feline food for $65 a bag 15 years to stop kidney issues the breed has
Back to bike I like the large speedo it fits nicely.

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Just to maintain my curmudgeon status, Mona came with a Persian. You do what you got to do for the dear pussy.
First ten years, we had loads of tabby's
Put our last dog down myself when Mona's cancer became the primary endeavor.
Chickens are fun, so are Geese, and Ducks. Bad in the house.
Best ever dogs. Westy's, and Cairns. Great mousers and ratters. I would have a Feist /Rat Terrier if they would know where home was.
The last dog was a Black Lab. She would be gone for hours, and then come back like a bad penny.
She wern't a bad dog, but old age caught up.
Tom