Grubee Starfire SuperRat Engine Kit!

GoldenMotor.com

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
I decided to chance it and go with GasBike. I wanted just the engine, but there isn't anyone selling engine only Super Rats. I went ahead and bought the kit. It was $199.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
i just ordered a super rat from piston bike. this will be my first motor. i have my fingers crossed hoping for the best.
Spent a couple of hours looking for any complaints at all. Found absolutely nothing at all. Haven't even had one letter good or bad from the BBB for the past three years. They even have a store front you can go into.

Please let us all know how it comes out...since they might sell out of them from everybody buying from a decent business.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Spent a couple of hours looking for any complaints at all. Found absolutely nothing at all. Haven't even had one letter good or bad from the BBB for the past three years. They even have a store front you can go into.

Please let us all know how it comes out...since they might sell out of them from everybody buying from a decent business.
people may not have been upset enough to file a complaint, but on the forums iv'e read plenty of negative things about them, at one point one of the people who worked there even started insulting their dissatisfied customer here on the forum.

muttomatic

Nov 9, 2009
MN
Does anyone know if the super rat is capable of producing enough extra power out of the magneto to provide adequate lighting without killing the engine?

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
I'm excited and sad today. My super rat showed up in the mail today and it's great. They shipped the right motor and nothing is missing. My shifter kit from zoom cycles showed up today as well but all that was in the box was two crank arms and free wheel and a chain :(

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
I'm excited and sad today. My super rat showed up in the mail today and it's great. They shipped the right motor and nothing is missing. My shifter kit from zoom cycles showed up today as well but all that was in the box was two crank arms and free wheel and a chain :(
Sorry to hear about your shift kit not showing up complete. How is the Super Rat in comparison to the older 2 strokes? Do you have it installed on your bike yet?

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
This is my first motor kit so I don't have anything to compare it to. I can't install this motor until I get a complete shift kit. I have a sturmey 3 speed drum rear hub

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
This is my first motor kit so I don't have anything to compare it to. I can't install this motor until I get a complete shift kit. I have a sturmey 3 speed drum rear hub
That is a bummer that your build is on hold. It sounds like it will be cool when it is completed :)