Grubee Starfire SuperRat Engine Kit!

GoldenMotor.com

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
that i could not tell you?? i mean my gt5 says its 2.75 stock. and i dont know for a fact. but id say it was at least true. but i dont know that the few new upgrades will effect it much? i do know that a few aftermarket part you will easily get 3 or more horse out of them...
as far as being your first motor. good pic!:) i dont have one yet. but it will be my next china motor buy. and even if its not much/any better. you still got a 66cc two stroke china motor. one of the top selling brands if that. plus again, integrated cdi is nice!

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
wow everyone has one now! just an update to the zoom bicycles drama, i the rest of my parts tomorrow. i cant wait to get this project started. one question tho, is the clutch arm suppose to be spring loaded?

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Very nice engine. If I end up doing another build...this will have to be the one to go with...unless they mark down the price so low on remaining stock that an old GT5 will be the way to go.

My buddy is going to get one of these. When he does...may just get me another bike & engine around Xmas.

Myself...gonna put on the HS 4 stroke I originally had on it before the 66cc Flying Garbage I was riding last year. Just waiting on getting my new Qmatic that I ordered from Terry yesterday. No clutch...belt drive and should be a much smoother ride. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is going to be nice for Spring Break in about 3 weeks.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
If I ever need a new engine, I will for sure get the super rat. This seems like a cool new engine, even if it's not as good as we all thought, it will still have really cool features and I heard the compression is crazy. .wee.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
I have the motor on the bike! I decided to start this engine off on Opti-2 from the get go. I only got to ride the bike last night for a very small amount of time and then it started to rain. The carb it came with will need quite a bit of adjustment to run well. I tried to adjust the air/fuel and it seems like the screw has been super glued! I do have a speed carb, and I may switch out if this one is too annoying.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
We tested the new engine out some more today and it has a crazy amount of compression!. One has to be going a bit faster and be sitting down in order for the engine to crank over. Once started, the engine is slow to pull and will sometimes die at idle. I took off the carb that came with the engine and still have the same problems using the speed car off another motor. I also changed the spark plug and am using the BG5 or whatever the upgraded plug was for the GT5 Grubee. I am questioning how to read the plug because this is the first engine that I am using Opti-2 in. The plug is chocolate brown on one side and whitish brown 180 to that. I sure hope that this engine comes to life soon. I think it will :)

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
I can't wait to get mine together. I didn't realize how much work the shift kit is to install. It has not been a straight bolt together project so far.