For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
yo to door the old buzzard is still fiying
Huh? What? Oh, yeah, I'm till here and kickin' and flyin'. Everyday I check the obits and if I don't see my name I get up and eat breakfast. Weather permitting I pack up a plane or two and head for the flying field. Weekdays there's usually a bunch of us old, retired guys who have more fun sitting around BSing and commenting on other guy's flying than we do actually flying ourselves. However we are respected for our skills and are often consulted about problems because the younger guys know we've probably seen it, done it, lived through it and fixed it when it comes to radio controlled aircraft.

There are advantages to aging. You just have to put the right spin on it. Now I just have to convince Char that my hearing is really bad and I'm not just ignoring her.:)

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
With the music and the singing, I've got a couple of songs of my own. I played at an open mic last Wednesday, using an underpriced (£40 from a pawnshop £110 second hand Fender) acoustic. Pure acoustic, not even with a piezo pickup in it. I've done dangerous things in the past, potentially harmful or fatal, and none of them worried me like sitting down in a room full of people and trusting my hands on a guitar with no safety belt and my voice.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
We went to the local PD car show today, mine is not a show car but I support the police whenever I get a chance. We saw a lot of nice cars and friends.

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
We have strict environmental laws here in Ga, I got my bumpers from a place in the Tennessee mountains. There they can still do plating the old way, what that is I don’t know, I do know their work is high quality and first class. When people at the car show ask who did the bumpers I knew they were good.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Greg, my Grandfather Carl Peterson had a Ford like yours. It had a flat head V8 that at idle you darn near couldn't tell it was running. My favorite memory of that car was for a time he didn't have a milk hauler. Grandpa would pull out the rear bench seat and we would load two and sometimes three milk cans to the Creamery (Butter Factory) and retrieve his sanitized cans. Back home I fetched out the empties and Grandpa snapped the seat bench back in. Did that as often as his eight Gurney's and Jerseys could fill them up. Those eight cows on a 88 acre farm was his and Grandmas retirement farm. Grandpa had a trailer he could hitch to the Ford right off the bumper in those days.
Tom