Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Wanna see some paint,if I could afford what my Dad pays for paint I'd buy one of Mike Wolfes Indians
The "40" Ford coupe is solid No! rust or bondo, sat in a garage since 1941 when the owner inlisted in the Army, an accomplished musicion, lost his life durring WW2 in Europe in 1943 and the car sat until 2005 when it was restomodded and painted with real mother of perl and real silver metal flake 5 coats of clear.
The "57" ford 300 Tudor is the same mother of perl and perl yellow with 24 k gold metal flake
The "51" Ford Custom is a stock newer Ford Sangeria red, thats my Dad sitting in it.
The "30" Ford AA is a special red used by Calif. Fire Dept but check out all the Nickel plating, that truck is as though it was the day it was built!
Just thought I'd share

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
My Dad and I traded A 2002 Lincoln Continental and $2000.oo for the "51" and later the Lincon was customized and used in a movie, wich Movie I don't ??? don't go to the Movies since that Shooting in Co.
I detailed that car for 10 hrs, took it to a car show the next day and won 2nd overall(1st place looser LOL!)
I want the "30" AA, notice all the Hot Wheels in the back ground on the wall, the opposite wall has just as much(about 2000 in all)

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ... Still waiting for the enamel to cure so I can work on it...have had it out in 30-35 deg C sun the last week..... its still a bit tacky around the joins where I probally layed on a bit thick.. give another couple of days..DD

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
DD where are you? is the paint cured? did you do anything to the bike? are you going to share wiith us ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hey...truckd.....Be patient.....still waiting for the enamel to cure....its still a little touch tacky around the seat stem pipe joins....I layed the top coat on pretty heavy so it will take about 2 weeks to dry enough to work on it....I will need to do the pin striping on the frame and forks before assembling the bike.....its still getting the sunshine treatment cure every day at over 30 deg C....waiting on my son inlaw to come and polish the crank cases on the engine....DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .. Have been pin striping around the tanks and the front forks..My hands arn't as steady any more...my age is creeping into my ability to do things that were easy once..hopefully they will pass close scrunity....I'll wait a few days for the Brunswick green enamel stripes to dry before setting the decals on the tanks....DD

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
OK! so by far this has got to be one of the top 10 builds ever, everything you've done is SOOOOooooo! admirable,as I asked before "is there anything you can't do?"

Last edited:

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Steve...I think any body can achieve what they want to build...patience is required ..and some times I have to do it a couple a time over to be satisfied with what I want..thanks for following my build....DD

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi.. Have started to rub down the two outside crank cases...there are a lot of mi nute scratches and even rubbing for a while with 80 hasn't got rid of them....dont want to go to far as it might go through the case....I just want it to look tidier than it was...most of the paint was blistering off....I dont know whether its power coat or paint...also spent a few hours cleaning the cylinder and head fins...should look presentable once the sides are polished and cylinders get a coat of black heat paint..DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .. Spent a bit more time on polishing the crank cases and have used a hard rag mop with some green rouge... see the difference between the semi polished and wet rubbed areas.....I have a soft mop and will use it with auto paint cutters to finish it off...the cases have to many deep scratches to get a chrome smooth finish....DD

Attachments